Priest Battle Bishop Itemization

Bartabus

Priest Battle Bishop Itemization

Post by Bartabus » Sun May 26, 2024 8:28 pm

My request is that some more cloth-melee items be added to the game so that we can truly explore the potential of a Priest Battle Bishop meme-spec. No class changes or anything like that, just some more cloth with AP, crit, hit, maybe haste, etc. Turtle has already made the decision to return attack power to the priest's Inner Fire spell, and bizarrely added a few cloth items with melee/tank stats (namely the Battle Bishop's Robes from Karazhan Crypt), so it only feels natural that we play this out a bit more and let the players have some fun with it.

I think keeping it hybrid focused by also having some caster stats like MP5, intellect, and spirit would keep the items from being rolled on by those greedy glass-cannon fury warriors and is on theme with the existing items and priest abilities.

I'm not asking for any crazy class overhaul or tier items, just like 2-5 more cloth pieces and perhaps a couple of staves that could help fill out the rest of the "Battle Bishop's Robes" potential.

Sincerely,
A priest with melee aspirations

Bogyone

Re: Priest Battle Bishop Itemization

Post by Bogyone » Sun May 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Now I have seen everything. :)
Humor aside, it'd be interesting, something quite new.

Bartabus

Post by Bartabus » Sun May 26, 2024 8:55 pm

I genuinely don't understand why they would add the Battle Bishop's Robe without at least having some notion of this idea in mind.

Akos1896
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Akos1896 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:43 pm

There are some items like this, for example Kara5 with a +def cloth head item.
They are here to help out people experimenting with very niche builds but it doesn't mean that TWOW is willing to balance out these builds (like melee priest, warlock tank).
We'll see what class changes bring but I think making the niche playstyles all balanced and feed them gears would be too much for a TWOW sized project.

Bartabus

Post by Bartabus » Sun May 26, 2024 11:53 pm

Akos1896 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:43 pm
They are here to help out people experimenting with very niche builds...
That is kind of the point though, this is a very niche build. I can't imagine the Battle Bishop's Robe has a place in any serious build out there. It is kind of a silly item to begin with. So, this isn't so much a request for a change as it is a +1 for the item existing and hoping the devs continue to add stuff like this.

Imonobor
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Imonobor » Mon May 27, 2024 7:39 am

+1, let us bonk things with sticks!
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)