Please Give Shadow Priests more love

Mezzomixx
Has liked: 1 time

Please Give Shadow Priests more love

Post by Mezzomixx » Fri May 10, 2024 6:52 am

hey everyone smiling_turtle_head

I would like to make some suggestions on how to make Shadow more balanced in pvp and perhaps in pve too

- Give Shadowmend a shorter casting (2sec)
with reduced mana cost

-Increase mana recovered from VT to 8%

-Add Psychic Horror to the bottom row...maybe with a 5 minute CD and only 3 seconds of disarm instead of 10.

Thank you for reading. I'm looking forward to a conversation :

Grizb37

Re: Please Give Shadow Priests more love

Post by Grizb37 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:39 am

They need help with mana leveling, even at 40 with shadow form it's still spam wand 80% of the time... I think they need to include Improved Shadow form in baseline rather than 'Improved Shadowform' at 60.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Fri May 10, 2024 8:06 am

as a shadow priest , i think we are just fine in pvp!

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:24 am

Sharing my take.
Make shadow mend more spriest-like instead of it being a slow heal. For example a 1,5 sec cast time shadow mend with flash heal-like numbers which in turn puts a dot on the target wich damages him by the total amount healed via a 10 seconds DoT.
F.ex. you get healed 1000 and then you lose 100 life every sec for 10 sec. Would work as a 'damage delay' at big spikes and would play in the spriest fantasy where even healing leads to pain.

Would consider giving them a chain lightning-like ability on CD. Not aoe but something which can spell cleave every 10 seconds.

Vampiric touch with mana does similar things as arcane mage in TWOW. Would avoid buffing it to avoid overlap. Honestly I'd just remove the mana aspect of vampiric touch and would turn that talent point into something which buffs the healing factor of vampiric touch, like more healing or area-based healing instead of party healing.

Mezzomixx

Post by Mezzomixx » Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am

Grizb37 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:39 am
They need help with mana leveling, even at 40 with shadow form it's still spam wand 80% of the time... I think they need to include Improved Shadow form in baseline rather than 'Improved Shadowform' at 60.
No, I don't see any mana problems when leveling. The talent with the Mana tap is great, I almost never have to drink. with a mob I use Psychic Scream Rank 1 to save mana and after 1 SWP, VT, 2x Mindflays I use the Wand. It works great.

I meant more the mana problems in raids, or in PvP against a Paladin who uses Lay on Hands + Shield, or a BM Hunter who uses Vipershot... Hence the suggestion with a small version of Psychic Horror

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Fri May 10, 2024 9:52 am

Shadow priests definitely do not need any buffs for PvP.

Mezzomixx

Post by Mezzomixx » Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 am

Borefficz wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:52 am
Please give me an argument why not?

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Fri May 10, 2024 12:34 pm

Mezzomixx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 am
Borefficz wrote:
Because they're strong in most PvP situations?

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri May 10, 2024 3:01 pm

Mezzomixx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 am
Borefficz wrote:
I've been playing spriest for 19 years on and off. They're very strong in pvp. Like s class.

In pve, I wish they did more DMG but sadly that isn't the case.

Daddydeath

Post by Daddydeath » Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 pm

Mezzomixx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:52 am
hey everyone smiling_turtle_head

I would like to make some suggestions on how to make Shadow more balanced in pvp and perhaps in pve too

- Give Shadowmend a shorter casting (2sec)
with reduced mana cost

-Increase mana recovered from VT to 8%

-Add Psychic Horror to the bottom row...maybe with a 5 minute CD and only 3 seconds of disarm instead of 10.

Thank you for reading. I'm looking forward to a conversation :
Like I don't disagree, but I REALLY think Ele Shammy, boomy druid, arms warr, and PROT PALADIN NEEDS AN ACTUAL TAUNT - and uh, feral could use a little bit of love. More targets on swipe, an energy regen talent, or the ability to proc weapon effects would be really appreciated.

A lot of classes needs a ton of minor tweaks. Ele shammy needs literally just a mana regen talent or a lowered mana cost on CL, bleh.