<Cursed> Challenge: Mysterious Stranger / Demon Encounters

Macro

<Cursed> Challenge: Mysterious Stranger / Demon Encounters

Post by Macro » Sun May 05, 2024 11:11 pm

Greetings fellow adventurers!

I've been pondering ways to enhance the challenge and excitement of our journeys through Azeroth, and I've come up with an idea that I believe could add a thrilling element to the gameplay experience. Imagine facing not just the usual foes, but demons that grow in power as you do, providing an escalating challenge that keeps you on your toes! Narratively the Mysterious Stranger that applies HC could be the main antagonist to this challenge.

Here's the proposal:

Demon Encounters: Introduce a mechanic where demons spawn at certain level brackets and become progressively stronger.

Level Bracket Demons:
Level 10: Fel Imp - Small but crafty demon, adept at using fire-based spells and curses.
Level 20: Succubus - Seductive demon capable of draining life force and using seduction to distract foes.
Level 30: Felguard - Powerful demon warrior wielding large weapons and displaying high aggression.
Level 40: Doomguard - Massive demon with immense strength and durability, capable of summoning infernals.
Level 50: Pit Lord - Gigantic demon general commanding armies and wielding devastating fire-based attacks.
Level 60: Dreadlord - Master manipulator and powerful spellcaster, capable of mind control and powerful shadow magic.

Challenge Mechanics:
Lose health from potions.
City guards from all factions attack you on sight.
Demons randomly spawn and engage you, presenting a significant threat.
A demon chase mechanic where a powerful demon periodically appears, inflicts a DoT (Damage over Time) upon touching you, then despawns.

This proposal aims to add an extra layer of challenge and excitement for players seeking a more intense experience in Warcraft. It would provide a fresh dynamic to the gameplay, encouraging strategic thinking and enhancing immersion in the rich lore of the Warcraft universe.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this idea. Do you think it would enrich the gameplay experience, or do you have any additional ideas to contribute? Let's discuss and refine this proposal together!

Safe travels, adventurers!

Additional Features:

Player Choice: Players can choose when to engage with the mini-boss demons at level 10, 20, etc. However, there are diminishing returns the longer you wait to fight these mini-bosses.

Mini-Boss Locations: Mini-boss demons are located in set areas, often less-visited regions to avoid griefing and to encourage exploration of underutilized areas.

Rewards:

Ethereal Skin: A unique cosmetic skin only obtainable through completing this challenge.
Felstalker Mount (Optional): While this may be considered excessive by some, it could serve as a prestigious reward for those seeking an extra challenge.
Toy: A toy that summons a demon, allowing players to respec and sell items, providing additional utility and convenience.