Class racials

Akos1896

Class racials

Post by Akos1896 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 am

Hey!

This is not a suggestion post, just a theorycraft. Trying to give classes racials which feel flavorful, have some utility but are somewhat underpowered (as a racials should be).
Will go by the shaman formula, meaning 1 racial per class for each race.
Starting with druid and warlock, might continue later.

Druid
Tauren
This is a bit unimaginative one but I'd give warstomp to their shapeshifted forms. Hard to imagine how warstomp would work with a stealthy cat but I think it opens up new tactics for tauren druids, including a weaker aoe stun for bear tanks.
Night elves
Dodgy arcane lovers. My idea is a buff which gives them 20% of their base agility for 5 seconds but in exchange they get fatigued and have a 10% agility debuff after that for another 10 seconds. With CD, of course.

Warlock
Human
A passive ability reducing soulstone creation CD by 50%. It's better being prepared.
Gnome
Sneaky little guys with demons. My idea is a curse which fills back some mana to the gnome every time the cursed target is damaging him.
Orc
An ability which gives the demon physical attack power based on the percentage of health the orc is lacking. Highly injured orc makes the pet hit quite big. With CD.
Undead
An ability which lets the undead eat his summoned demon to immediately restore 20% of his full health. Eating is channeled and takes up to 1 sec. With CD.
Troll
The masters of the voodoo. Would give them an ability which makes sure that none of the debuffs cast by the troll in the coming 10 seconds will get resisted. To make sure those curses stick. With CD.
Goblin
An ability which gives you 1 free soul shard after each shard you collect in a 10 seconds window. Goblin greed at its finest. With CD.