Worldchat / LFG Channel

Krautsurfer

Worldchat / LFG Channel

Post by Krautsurfer » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm

hello dear twow community.

i don't know, if this topic came to mind here before, but what buggers me is the fact, that noone is using the LFG channel grouping up. everyone is spaming the worldchat. it would be better for all players who are searching to use the contrived channel for it.
i for myself would gladly turn off worldchat and only see LFG related posts in my chat window but i have to watch worldchat the whole time to look for others.

i kinda doubt that it would happen to move every single player here to stop using worldchat for LFG related requests but i had the feeling to address this issue.

have a nice day <3
go back to the shadow

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Worldchat / LFG Channel

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 pm

i really think the LFG-Channel should be promoted more and moderated in that regard that it is ONLY used for LFG/LFM stuff.
I am annoyed by world-chat as well and mostly turn it off.

Geojak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:45 am

similair idea was already tried. we once had for a short time the gm moderated decicated channel "toggle" as a world chat alternative. it didnt catch on though. people prefer to use world for everything because it has the most reach. we arent 12k+ server anymore and most chinese use /china too. dont think we need LFG

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 am

'people prefer to use world for everything because it has the most reach.' -> This.
Let's say you wanna Scholo. DPS pops almost instantly, a healer maybe in 10 min. You wait.
After a while you really wanna start the dung. If you use LFT chat you reach much fewer people, not everyone using LFT even uses it.
If you go world chat, you can reach out to random warriors and bears who didn't have the intention to do the dung but seeing it popping up in WC can convince them.
With current tank (and somewhat healer) waiting times people get as 'in the face' as possible to find someone.
Last edited by Akos1896 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krautsurfer

Post by Krautsurfer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:27 pm

i get that WC has more reach but with the spam that reigns there lfg requests can often be overseen. if every autom. joins lfg channel at login, everyone will be in there and everyone could use it as intended and turn off WC for good
go back to the shadow

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 pm

you would achieve nothing besides renaming "world" to "LFG".

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:11 pm

Krautsurfer wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm
hello dear twow community.

i don't know, if this topic came to mind here before, but what buggers me is the fact, that noone is using the LFG channel grouping up.
I think that happen because we have LFG addon built into client

Krautsurfer

Post by Krautsurfer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 pm
you would achieve nothing besides renaming "world" to "LFG".
the goal would be that both chats are used as they should be. seperated from one another
go back to the shadow

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm

With is never going to happen as everyone will always switch to only using the most used ones eventually if allowed unless there is heavy moderation by mods preventing missue of for example World chat for group finding.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm
With is never going to happen as everyone will always switch to only using the most used ones eventually if allowed unless there is heavy moderation by mods preventing missue of for example World chat for group finding.
Which would be most welcome in my opinion.
i cannot recall how often i see the same discussions over and over again about "race here", "nation there", "sex over yonder", and all i see are the same warning about "no politics etc. in world". I do not know if it just stays with these warning or if the mods/GM's are actually taking action against those players.

Krautsurfer

Post by Krautsurfer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm
Again, if both chats would be active all the time, everyone could use them as they were intended. people who wanna spam in world chat can continue and people who want to lfg can turn WC off. it would be not a big effort
go back to the shadow

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am

Most likely outcome. People would just spamm both channels then to trade, or find group

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am
Most likely outcome. People would just spamm both channels then to trade, or find group
That's why i would welcome a more heavy moderation and taking actions against those who violate chatting rules repeatedly. If the chat would be more clean and have less of those before mentioned spammers, talking about nation, sex, race, whatever, i think there would be no need for another channel. Because those spammers ARE the reason why people want to leave the world-channel.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 pm

And I don't use the "world" channel, but the LFG channel is always on for me. There is too much spam in the "world".