Please help making a bad decision work

Akos1896

Please help making a bad decision work

Post by Akos1896 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:03 pm

Hey!
I really love shamans, my mainis always one. But I also like the challenge of being a tank. For this purpose I leveled a warrior (you guys gave some really good advice earlier regarding that).
But at the end of the day I somehow only really enjoy playing when I play a shaman.
Farmed a bit, unlocked 4th spec on the brainwashing device (BL resto, deep resto, ele and now this).
Made my research, so I have a general idea about pulls and keeping threat. But I'd welcome advices from experienced shaman tanks.
With the talent tree I went a bit unorthodox:

Basically took damage and mitigation from enh (I regard stormstrike and bloodlust as threat enablers). Took enhancing totems because I plan to use GoA+Strength for the added damage output.
Went into resto. Gave up on elemental focus (I hope I'll manage mana, my gear is okay) and reverberation. The lack of -1 sec shock CD hurts but my logic was that if I ever wanna OT raids, I'll need the 3% hit, specially because I both use spells and melee hits for threat.
My first question is: is there something clearly wrong with my talent distribution? Do I seriously undervalue reverberation/elemental focus or overvalue nature's guidance? Would you use up the talent points similarly in the enhancement tree? Regarding this I don't wanna use old Vanilla guides because TWOW changes shaman talent trees significantly.

Regarding threat management: I plan to pull with lightning to get initial threat and tab with my fast weapon between targets. Stormstrike is to add extra threat, bloodlust is to give me a window of extra threat. Shock is an oh shít button. Lightning shield is always up, usually downgraded.

My question is: do you know a reliable way of getting aoe threat without consumables or eng items? It feels weird to do a big purchase before a dungeon just to be able to keep aoe threat. Having some target dummies and sappers but if there is a way to manage this within the abilities of the shaman, I'd appreciate that. Tried earthgrab totem for similar purposes, result was tragicomedic. Heard about a trick with fire nova but unsure how (and if) it works.

Regarding itemization:
I prio agi+stam+armor plus nearing/reaching capped melee hit chance/melee crit. A slight prio for int+strength+spell damage.
Do you itemize for spell hit, too? I feel that if I start to collect both hit and spell hit, my other stats just become too bad to tank.

Thx in advance!