Could the Azuremyst Isles/Nar'valas be in Turtle WOW?

Herrmorgard

Could the Azuremyst Isles/Nar'valas be in Turtle WOW?

Post by Herrmorgard » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:47 am

With the arrival in the future of Quel'Thalas revamped in Turtle WOW, I had a thought for its counterpart when this part of the world was released in BC.
Do you think these two areas could be in Turle WOW? Is there a tradition that would allow this?

It is known that in BC lore the islands were known as Nar'valas and that they served as hunting reserves during the pre-Sundering Kaldorei Empire. There are also many Kaldorei ruins, a Kaldorei fishing village (partly destroyed by the Draenei) at Silvermyst Isle and furbolgs with a friendly tribe.

This would mean imagining a version unaffected by the Draenei of the zones and potentially higher level with potential access to the Island for the Horde.
Last edited by Herrmorgard on Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galendor

Re: Could the Azuremyst Isles/Nar'valas be in Turtle WOW?

Post by Galendor » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:58 am

I concur. These territories could be an excellent addition to TWoW leveling experience. I used Azuremyst in my suggestion too: viewtopic.php?p=90036

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:49 am

are these ilands even vanilla cannon? i woudl rather see kul thiras added! and some other ilands that have played rolles in the second war (warcraft 2 missions)

see

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%27 ... 27dare.png
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%27 ... rasWC2.jpg
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%27 ... th_map.jpg

or add Broken Isles

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:24 am

Geojak wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:49 am
are these ilands even vanilla cannon? i woudl rather see kul thiras added! and some other ilands that have played rolles in the second war (warcraft 2 missions)

see

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%27 ... 27dare.png
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%27 ... rasWC2.jpg
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%27 ... th_map.jpg

or add Broken Isles
What is canon in TWoW? Blackstone island and Thalassian Highlands weren't a thing until devs introduced it. Same with Lapidis and Gillijim. If the team will ever need Azuremyst, they'll make it canon for TWoW.
But these places you mentioned are indeed interesting, especially considering that Turtle is building Kul Tiras through quests and there's Tol Barad foreshadowed in Gilneas.

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:09 pm

They also extended the Southshore docks to accept ships from Kul Tiras. What does the lore say about it? It is not part of the Alliance but eenemy of the Horde. What are the relations to Theramore?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:36 pm

Lapidis and Gillijim were not invented by twow. they almost even made it into the vanilla game and only got cut later on

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:03 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:36 pm
Lapidis and Gillijim were not invented by twow. they almost even made it into the vanilla game and only got cut later on
Their landscape wasn't invented by TWoW. But lore of these places is surely custom because Blizzard made no quests for both of islands.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:19 pm

True, but I am pretty sure twow devs do not want to copy paste any tbc content in any, capacity. So perfect if there is lore mentions but no actual content.
Azure island is the opposite. No lore pre tbc and finished tbc content turtle doesn't want

Herrmorgard

Post by Herrmorgard » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:31 pm

There are still a few islands which are only in the tradition and which can still be added to Turtle wow, Kul'Tiras, Zandalar (these last two will be the most complicated to put into play) Crestfall, Tol'Barad...
Afterwards, the problem is that the islands are, generally, end-of-game content and that you have to make it interesting and different from what already exists.
I also think that Kul'Tiras and Zandalar will require a lot of work to get into play in TWOW.

We can also talk about areas that are inaccessible on continents (Uldum and other closed areas) which will have to, if one day added, be created from 0.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:16 pm

Galendor wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:24 am

What is canon in TWoW?
Everything known and what logically existed before the TBC expansion and all those retroactive changes aka retcons.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:05 am

Could be interesting yeah. I liked the furbolg playable race suggestion that used it. Smart stuff.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:15 am

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Galendor wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:24 am

What is canon in TWoW?
Everything known and what logically existed before the TBC expansion and all those retroactive changes aka retcons.
Blackstone Island dead_turtle_head

Valari

Post by Valari » Tue May 14, 2024 12:40 pm

Herrmorgard wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:47 am
With the arrival in the future of Quel'Thalas revamped in Turtle WOW, I had a thought for its counterpart when this part of the world was released in BC.
Do you think these two areas could be in Turle WOW? Is there a tradition that would allow this?

It is known that in BC lore the islands were known as Nar'valas and that they served as hunting reserves during the pre-Sundering Kaldorei Empire. There are also many Kaldorei ruins, a Kaldorei fishing village (partly destroyed by the Draenei) at Silvermyst Isle and furbolgs with a friendly tribe.

This would mean imagining a version unaffected by the Draenei of the zones and potentially higher level with potential access to the Island for the Horde.
I support. It would be nice and perhaps offer High Elves and Kaldorei more of a chance to interact and continue their Turtle Wow storyline. It also could perhaps tie into the Shen’dralar with the demonic stones upon the isle. This could reinforce people doing Shen’dralar quests for reputation, and give more Kaldorei perspectives on Magic’s place within Azeroth following their joining of the Alliance as well as end to their isolationism.

Join the Nightsong Sentinels today! For Elune, we enter the fray!

Nightsong Sentinels Recruitment

Nightsong Sentinels Discord Server

Art By: Uranovlog

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 pm

Azuremyst is possible and Bloodmyst should be an extension of Azuremyst where the Draenei ship Exodar never crashed there and the Draenei crystals never corrupted the environment there. It can be a Shaman-oriented zone about Ursas, visions, old even ruins, archaeology, history, ancient secrets, tribes, plainstriders and taking potions and going on spiritual trips. Or it can be something entirely different.