Any way or future plan for changing race?

Ticklinguser

Any way or future plan for changing race?

Post by Ticklinguser » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 am

I am wondering if there is any existing way or future plan to allow players to change the race of their characters by purchasing a certain service via TWOW donation tokens. I have heard such a demand from quite a few friends of mine and others. Just wondering if this is something possible or on the radar. Thanks!

Forbearance
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Any way or future plan for changing race?

Post by Forbearance » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:51 am

Due to technical issues, the race and faction changes are currently not available.

Ticklinguser

Post by Ticklinguser » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:51 am

Forbearance wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:51 am
Due to technical issues, the race and faction changes are currently not available.
Thank you for the info. Really hope this is something that the TWOW team will have resources to work on and make available in the future.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:11 pm

To be honest I prefer the current situation. Players changing the race of their character or switching to the opposite faction always felt odd and made the game feel less consistent.

However, I do wonder why this feature has not been implemented yet, especially since it will generate a large amount of money for the server.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:19 pm

Ticklinguser wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:51 am
Forbearance wrote:
Thank you for the info. Really hope this is something that the TWOW team will have resources to work on and make available in the future.
It used to work.

From what I've heard, the person in charge of it left the project or is busy with other things, and they were in the process of making this process automated.

So it will likely come back in the future, but judging by how long this hasn't been working, I doubt it's high on the priority list.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:39 pm

why dont they hire some cheap indian proger to do it manually
even with 1 character per day Torta could have been bezos-like rich and army of people happy

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:39 pm
even with 1 character per day Torta could have been bezos-like rich and army of people happy
the devs should make this a larger priority. it is beneficial for the server.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Forbearance

Post by Forbearance » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:54 pm

Ataika wrote:
Requires engine work.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 am

Forbearance wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:54 pm
Ataika wrote:
Requires engine work.
what engine work ?

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:01 am

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like Race/Faction change, in vanilla you were stuck with what race you created which made it a meaningful decision, then Blizz decided to start the cash grab service in Wotlk.

I know the Racials make a big difference with weapon skills etc, but that's something the Devs should balance next patch

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:46 am

Roll troll from the start and then there's no need for a race change.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:57 am

Grizb37 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:01 am
Unpopular opinion, but I don't like Race/Faction change, in vanilla you were stuck with what race you created which made it a meaningful decision, then Blizz decided to start the cash grab service in Wotlk.

I know the Racials make a big difference with weapon skills etc, but that's something the Devs should balance next patch
Personally I'd consider paying for one. TWOW was my first WOW experience, started it 1 year ago. Without any background knowledge, took a gnome warlock at that time. Leveled it up, wondered at the size of the world etc.
Since then I'm maining a troll shaman but the gnome warlock was the first leveling experience.
There are some reasons I don't really play him anymore and some of them require experience to know about which I did not have back then. Starting from scratch to get a toll warlock takes way too much time (playing this while having an outside life and a job would mean at least 1 month just to get the troll goon ready to raid).
There are some things I could have considered from the beginning but I did not, f.ex. I realized kinda early that gnome emotes are kinda annoying (but didn't switch).
But there are things which come with experience, f.ex. alliance warlock viability in PVP, comparing Alliance boat system to Horde zepp system or just realizing how much cooler trolls are.

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:24 am

Zeran wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:46 am
Roll troll from the start and then there's no need for a race change.
Until racials change or racials are effectively added to the other races. Like the +5 bow skill available in Hyjal. This made the one reason some people chose their race no longer matter. Not me specifically, but I know it annoyed people from complaints in game, on discord, and here in the forums.

Forbearance

Post by Forbearance » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:47 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 am
Forbearance wrote:
Ataika wrote:
Requires engine work.
what engine work ?
It is too complex to add in race changes.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:24 pm

Forbearance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:47 pm
Ataika wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 am
Forbearance wrote:

Requires engine work.
what engine work ?
It is too complex to add in race changes.
What complex ? U sit and recreate the toon has been requesting manually copyng all crap and rep, thats all
Yes its much slower than a designated tool but still works better than "we cant racechange sorry"

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:33 pm

Forbearance wrote:
Do you rly think they ever plan to bring in back. It's been more than a year and we haven't heard anything. Would be sad because they claimed it woild be back in the past