[2024.5.15 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Moderator: Gifted

Vidda

[2024.5.15 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:49 pm

Hi. After being frustrated dealing with the MonkeyLogs rankings system, I've started up a spreadsheet to more easily track and rank guilds' fastest clear times for Naxx / AQ40 / BWL / MC. I've contacted many established and newer guilds to help send me info when they beat their personal records. I hope to foster a better sense of guild pride and also create challenges while raiders wait for new content. Hope you enjoy! Feedback also welcome.

Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings Sheet

As of Wednesday, March 21st, video proof (raider POV) will be required for a log to be marked as 'VERIFIED'. Current color coding system is:
DARK - Verified
GREY - Unverified
LIGHT - Unverified (before rule went into effect)

Current Top 10 rankings as of 2024.5.15:
  • NAXX
    - Mortality up to 3rd
    - The Emerald Dream up to 4th
    - Weird Vibes up to 10th
  • AQ40
    - Weird Vibes up to 5th [UNVERIFIED]
  • BWL
    - Weird Vibes up to 10th [UNVERIFIED]
  • MC
    - Mortality >NEW SERVER RECORD< [UNVERIFIED]
Last edited by Vidda on Wed May 15, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Eversongwoods

Re: Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 pm

do these guys even parse bro?

Verdict

Post by Verdict » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:50 pm

Doom Turtles 1:42 when 30% of the roster was foreign? Or do you guys mean Doom Turtle Pugs.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 pm

Is Mortality new guild? I don't recall this guild at all which is weird if they clean BWL and MC much faster than any other guild.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:37 pm

Or maybe they are small team that is only raid logging...
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Vidda

Post by Vidda » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:26 am

Zvyrhol wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 pm
Is Mortality new guild? I don't recall this guild at all which is weird if they clean BWL and MC much faster than any other guild.
New guild formed in November. Their leadership has a history of high level speedrunning on Classic.

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:45 am

Zvyrhol wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:37 pm
Or maybe they are small team that is only raid logging...
We keep a tight goup for 40-45 players, plus some casual players. Mostly alliance altogether with the exception of shamen and a couple more.

We usually have 10+ online everyday at any given time, except NA night time. We started playing on TWoW in ~october 2023 and doing our own raids since ~november.

We have alot of experience speedrunning at high levels, as Vidda said. We'll eventually have decent enough gear to do real good times !

Cya around !

Asno

Post by Asno » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:49 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
I'm a member, mostly raid log, ran with durotar dispensary prior. Very well organized guild, low stress, knowledgeable members. Primarily the same people in runs each week, alts do not take raid spots unless needed for comp, all loot is prioritized based on value. It's a pretty new guild, so still need a fair amount of gear, but our times are getting better every week.

Vidda

Re: [2024.3.27 Updated] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:30 am

Updated 2024.3.27

Vidda

Re: [2024.4.3 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:17 am

Updated 2024.4.3 (late upload)

Vidda

Re: [2024.4.10 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:56 am

Updated 2024.4.10

Sweetkitty

Post by Sweetkitty » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:36 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Best part is they are claiming to be 1# guild on server even though in Naxx where it actually counts they don't even place top 3 and they are verbally harassing any other guild trying to recruit even without the people trying to recruit making such claims.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 am

Sweetkitty wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:36 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Best part is they are claiming to be 1# guild on server even though in Naxx where it actually counts they don't even place top 3 and they are verbally harassing any other guild trying to recruit even without the people trying to recruit making such claims.
I've noticed a distinct lack of following rules in other raids from some of their members. People who aren't the raid leads calling for wipes or initiating pulls because they think they know better. Also, why are none of their times verified by video. IMHO you shouldn't even be on the list if you don't have proof of your times. I solo cleared naxx in under 1 minute. There, put me at the top. /s lol.

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:13 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 am
Sweetkitty wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:
I've noticed a distinct lack of following rules in other raids from some of their members. People who aren't the raid leads calling for wipes or initiating pulls because they think they know better. Also, why are none of their times verified by video. IMHO you shouldn't even be on the list if you don't have proof of your times. I solo cleared naxx in under 1 minute. There, put me at the top. /s lol.
u sound mad

Cryptos

Post by Cryptos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 pm

Also, why are none of their times verified by video. IMHO you shouldn't even be on the list if you don't have proof of your times. I solo cleared naxx in under 1 minute. There, put me at the top. /s lol.
[/quote]

If anyone can beat the times we will drop the videos.

If you can provide a log for your 1 second solo clear please submit it to Vidda so you become the new king of unverified runs.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:51 pm

Biteyou wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:13 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 am
Sweetkitty wrote:

u sound mad
Not really. If you're not the raid lead, you shouldn't make calls. Especially when you're not even communicating in voice. This is something I routinely run into with mortality members. It's one of the several reasons listed their guild name isn't thought of positively.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:53 pm

Cryptos wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 pm
Also, why are none of their times verified by video. IMHO you shouldn't even be on the list if you don't have proof of your times. I solo cleared naxx in under 1 minute. There, put me at the top. /s lol.

If you can provide a log for your 1 second solo clear please submit it to Vidda so you become the new king of unverified runs.
[/quote]
It was sarcasm. Apparently you're not familiar with Internet slang. /s often refers to sarcasm.

So you have evidence but are purposefully withholding it? That's even more of a reason to pull mortality from the rankings. No evidence equals no verified claim equals not on the list. Otherwise anyone can make any claim to anything and then just be at the top of the list. Do you see how silly that is?

Cryptos

Post by Cryptos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:15 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:53 pm
Cryptos wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 pm

It was sarcasm. Apparently you're not familiar with Internet slang. /s often refers to sarcasm.

So you have evidence but are purposefully withholding it? That's even more of a reason to pull mortality from the rankings. No evidence equals no verified claim equals not on the list. Otherwise anyone can make any claim to anything and then just be at the top of the list. Do you see how silly that is?
[/quote]

I mean you can't just make a claim. You have to have a log that validates your claim. It seems your issue is more with us being at the top of the list than anything else.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:23 pm

Cryptos wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:15 pm
I mean you can't just make a claim. You have to have a log that validates your claim. It seems your issue is more with us being at the top of the list than anything else.
Again....no. I don't care where you lie. Please work on your reading comprehension skills. When something is sarcasm, its not meant to be true. Hence the /s. I deliberately make my runs slower and less stressful. My concern is with the utter lack of evidence. Imagine an athlete getting a gold medal for an unverified claim. In the news, unverified claims are treated with the appropriate skepticism.

Had you actually read my full comment earlier, you would see that my issue is with your players' behaviours in other raids. I've attended several where they were the direct cause of a wipe because it didn't go exactly as they planned, despite that player not being able to communicate in voice AND not being the raid lead. Mortality can't get very far if everyone is just "kinda doing their own thing." The few speedruns I've attended had a very clear raid lead who was precise and deliberate with their markings and pulls. It was through the raid lead all communication was initiated and executed. On top of that, those times were verified via video evidence.

Cryptos

Post by Cryptos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:41 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:23 pm
Cryptos wrote:
Again....no. I don't care where you lie. Please work on your reading comprehension skills. When something is sarcasm, its not meant to be true. Hence the /s. I deliberately make my runs slower and less stressful. My concern is with the utter lack of evidence. Imagine an athlete getting a gold medal for an unverified claim. In the news, unverified claims are treated with the appropriate skepticism.

Had you actually read my full comment earlier, you would see that my issue is with your players' behaviours in other raids. I've attended several where they were the direct cause of a wipe because it didn't go exactly as they planned, despite that player not being able to communicate in voice AND not being the raid lead. Mortality can't get very far if everyone is just "kinda doing their own thing." The few speedruns I've attended had a very clear raid lead who was precise and deliberate with their markings and pulls. It was through the raid lead all communication was initiated and executed. On top of that, those times were verified via video evidence.
I mean I read it but I shrugged it off. I believe there is only 1 person that you are referring to, even though you said "members" which would refer to multiple. I also don't see how having an issue with that 1 player ties into anything to do with your issues with the speed running charts or terms of validation. I feel like we have multiple issues here, but I'm not sure which one you are focusing on. Not sure you are either.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:45 pm

Cryptos wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:41 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Cryptos wrote:

I mean I read it but I shrugged it off. I believe there is only 1 person that you are referring to, even though you said "members" which would refer to multiple. I also don't see how having an issue with that 1 player ties into anything to do with your issues with the speed running charts or terms of validation. I feel like we have multiple issues here, but I'm not sure which one you are focusing on. Not sure you are either.
No, there are multiple players. Again...reading comprehension. And no, I'm plenty sure of the issue...hence my original comment, including the /s. You want to keep beating a dead horse though, so by all means continue to do so all by your lonesome. In the meantime, your guild will continue to not be taken seriously by the larger community.

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:23 pm

At one point Dru, you will need to accept we have been here for the last 5 months and we're here to stay. We've been beating records for a long time, we've spent countless hours and nights in all those raids in the past on other servers trying different stuff. We've been reading logs since the beginning of times and have grown to develop strategies that work extremely well to clear the raids quickly and efficiently.

If other guilds have better strats and execution then by all means they should be first and we shouldn't. As of today, it's still the case in Naxx. I'm always happy when I see a guild do something I didn't think about because personally, and my guildmates would tell you, I get the most out of this game when I'm finding ways to cut time off our speedruns and when I read logs and analyze them through and through.

If other guilds want to post videos, then they can do it and they'll have a colored spot on the list. We're not about to share our strategies just because you're unhappy and you're coping.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:41 pm

Yggd wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:23 pm
At one point Dru, you will need to accept we have been here for the last 5 months and we're here to stay. We've been beating records for a long time, we've spent countless hours and nights in all those raids in the past on other servers trying different stuff. We've been reading logs since the beginning of times and have grown to develop strategies that work extremely well to clear the raids quickly and efficiently.

If other guilds have better strats and execution then by all means they should be first and we shouldn't. As of today, it's still the case in Naxx. I'm always happy when I see a guild do something I didn't think about because personally, and my guildmates would tell you, I get the most out of this game when I'm finding ways to cut time off our speedruns and when I read logs and analyze them through and through.

If other guilds want to post videos, then they can do it and they'll have a colored spot on the list. We're not about to share our strategies just because you're unhappy and you're coping.
Again...read my original post. My complaint is with your players' behaviors in other raids, causing issues because we're not moving at the speed they like. I have zero issues with your speed times, despite their believability without proof, where every other guild minus THC has provided. But, AGAIN, not my issue here.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:43 pm

For me Mortality is not the winner until they show proof. Btw are Chinese guilds included in this leaderboard? I'm almost sure they used to be server's champions before Naxxramas bugs were found.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:18 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Cryptos wrote:

then dont play with them, seems like your problem is with mortality and not with the time. take your personal beef elsewhere in private, we'll keep doing what we're doing.
Last edited by Biteyou on Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:27 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Cryptos wrote:
The few speedruns I've attended had a very clear raid lead who was precise and deliberate with their markings and pulls. It was through the raid lead all communication was initiated and executed. On top of that, those times were verified via video evidence.
to this specifically, there is a naxx clear video you where you can see this demonstrated. however, the mc/bwl/aq40 videos will never be posted because we use strategies that our guild members have spent a lot of their personal time to come up with. i understand it's frustrating to sit on the sidelines, but your beef clearly is with our guild and not the method.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:12 pm

So you don't submit the proof of your speedrun claims stating that it contains strategies which would allow rival guilds to perform better?
That's part of the game, people use others' methods. At Vanilla WOW 3 things determine the fastest clearer guild:
1. Mastery over the strategies/tactics to be as time-efficient as possible.
2. An ungodly amount of consumables.
3. Optimized raid comp.

Guys, as long as you refuse to submit a proof, I (and most of the others) will regard Doom Turtles as the winners (for Naxx). You can prove us wrong, as long as you hand in the proof.
Until then, please put me on the 1st place of the leaderboard, I'm Ancestralfart, lvl 30 enh shaman and I cleared Naxx alone in 1 hour using a secret method which I'm not willing to share to avoid competition.

Don't get me wrong. If there is any proof regarding any run result, I don't doubt that run. But proof is the key.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am

Biteyou wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:27 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Cryptos wrote:
The few speedruns I've attended had a very clear raid lead who was precise and deliberate with their markings and pulls. It was through the raid lead all communication was initiated and executed. On top of that, those times were verified via video evidence.
to this specifically, there is a naxx clear video you where you can see this demonstrated. however, the mc/bwl/aq40 videos will never be posted because we use strategies that our guild members have spent a lot of their personal time to come up with. i understand it's frustrating to sit on the sidelines, but your beef clearly is with our guild and not the method.
I feel like you really struggle with reading. I really have zero issue with you, your guild, your speed times, etc. I've stated this over and over again. I'm not going to continue stating it. Please read things from beginning to end, look at punctuation...and when you're not sure, ask questions.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:56 am

As somebody, who could not care less about speed runs, I am just kind of confused by this:
Yggd wrote:

I'm always happy when I see a guild do something I didn't think about because personally, and my guildmates would tell you, I get the most out of this game when I'm finding ways to cut time off our speedruns and when I read logs and analyze them through and through.

If other guilds want to post videos, then they can do it and they'll have a colored spot on the list. We're not about to share our strategies
So... the most fun you have is developing new strategies, in part by analyzing other guilds' runs and your own. But you don't want other people to do the same with your logs/videos? Okay, you do you. I know people do weird things in competitions of all kinds. This just seems kind of curious to me.

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 am

Vidda wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:49 pm
Hi. After being frustrated dealing with the MonkeyLogs rankings system, I've started up a spreadsheet to more easily track and rank guilds' fastest clear times for Naxx / AQ40 / BWL / MC. I've contacted many established and newer guilds to help send me info when they beat their personal records. I hope to foster a better sense of guild pride and also create challenges while raiders wait for new content. Hope you enjoy! Feedback also welcome.

Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings Sheet

As of Wednesday, March 21st, video proof (raider POV) will be required for a log to be marked as 'VERIFIED'. Current color coding system is:
DARK - Verified
GREY - Unverified
LIGHT - Unverified (before rule went into effect)

Current Top 10 rankings as of 2024.4.10:
  • NAXX
    - Hard Knocks Society up to 1st >NEW SERVER RECORD<
    - Turtles With Benefits up to 8th
    - Thunderhorn Clan up to 9th
  • AQ40
    - Mortality >NEW SERVER RECORD< [UNVERIFIED]
  • BWL
    - Molon Labe up to 7th
  • MC
    - Turtles With Benefits up to 2nd
    - Thunderhorn Clan up to 6th
Grats Hard Knocks
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Boyo - Goblin Warrior 60

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:18 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am
Biteyou wrote:
Drubarrymooer wrote:

I feel like you really struggle with reading. I really have zero issue with you, your guild, your speed times, etc. I've stated this over and over again. I'm not going to continue stating it. Please read things from beginning to end, look at punctuation...and when you're not sure, ask questions.
1. your issue is with our guild/members, you've stated it several times.
2. you've mentioned the speed running part of this post several times, including on whether it should be even listed as unverified or not.

pretty sure i know which one of us struggles to read. glad to know we're in your head rent free though. cheers

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:32 pm

Biteyou wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:18 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am
Biteyou wrote:

1. your issue is with our guild/members, you've stated it several times.
2. you've mentioned the speed running part of this post several times, including on whether it should be even listed as unverified or not.

pretty sure i know which one of us struggles to read. glad to know we're in your head rent free though. cheers
Not at all buddy. Not at all.

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:11 am

Akos1896 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:12 pm
So you don't submit the proof of your speedrun claims stating that it contains strategies which would allow rival guilds to perform better?
That's part of the game, people use others' methods. At Vanilla WOW 3 things determine the fastest clearer guild:
1. Mastery over the strategies/tactics to be as time-efficient as possible.
2. An ungodly amount of consumables.
3. Optimized raid comp.

Guys, as long as you refuse to submit a proof, I (and most of the others) will regard Doom Turtles as the winners (for Naxx). You can prove us wrong, as long as you hand in the proof.
Until then, please put me on the 1st place of the leaderboard, I'm Ancestralfart, lvl 30 enh shaman and I cleared Naxx alone in 1 hour using a secret method which I'm not willing to share to avoid competition.

Don't get me wrong. If there is any proof regarding any run result, I don't doubt that run. But proof is the key.
We really don't mind if casuals or members of non-competitive guilds don't trust us.

The people in the top guilds already know what there is to know about us (hint, some of our players play in other guilds too *SHOCKER*). They don't know our strategies however and that's perfectly normal and fine.

So we can stay up there in grey, it really does not bother us at all. It's even our choice. I know you have a massive problem with that and the copium level is through the room but then that's what competitions are. I guess you have a problem with competitions, even the friendly ones in video games. Sucks to live that kind of life, I would assume it's miserable.

Also, post logs if you want to for your Naxx. Doesn't bother anyone one bit, at least not Mortality. I'll be the first one to applaud if you go through millions of lines of text every week and modify them in order in a sense that would be chronologically sound and plausible. Hats off, really. We've never done it, we know others have and some other guilds also cheese fights like Faerlina leashing and stuff like that - we're not into that. If you only ever want to live in negativity and never trusting people in the first place because you think it's 'fake news' because you always see the glass half empty even when it's full, hey, we don't care at all.

Ultimately, if you got an issue with good players then the issue just lies with you. We're doing our thing and we're going to continue doing that for a long time and no amount of complaining will change that. You're only going to see better times on the leaderboard from us every week or so for any of the raids for the next months and years since that's our end goal.

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:14 am

Xerilin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:56 am
As somebody, who could not care less about speed runs, I am just kind of confused by this:
Yggd wrote:

I'm always happy when I see a guild do something I didn't think about because personally, and my guildmates would tell you, I get the most out of this game when I'm finding ways to cut time off our speedruns and when I read logs and analyze them through and through.

If other guilds want to post videos, then they can do it and they'll have a colored spot on the list. We're not about to share our strategies
So... the most fun you have is developing new strategies, in part by analyzing other guilds' runs and your own. But you don't want other people to do the same with your logs/videos? Okay, you do you. I know people do weird things in competitions of all kinds. This just seems kind of curious to me.
In reality, I don't need to check other guild's videos, it's completely irrelevant. I've played WoW since 2004 and raiding at high levels ever since and seen Naxxramas through so many different point of views, it's likely no one who still plays any version of WoW at this point has seen it more than I have. Same goes with AQ, and even moreso BWL and MC. Possibly hard to understand, still a very high possibility. I don't think anyone would thing that's very curious, you might just not be familiar with competition, that's all.

Vidda

Re: [2024.4.17 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:52 am

Updated 2024.4.17