[2024.5.15 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Moderator: Gifted

Floflo

Re: [2024.4.17 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Floflo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 am

Hey guys I'm in Mortality, and I've posted in our discord to see if anyone can claim the forum names on this thread, and NO ONE has claimed. Unverified posters. Also please don't make baseless accusations about any of my guild mates behavior in other raids without VERIFIABLE VIDEO proof.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:23 am

Floflo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 am
Hey guys I'm in Mortality, and I've posted in our discord to see if anyone can claim the forum names on this thread, and NO ONE has claimed. Unverified posters. Also please don't make baseless accusations about any of my guild mates behavior in other raids without VERIFIABLE VIDEO proof.
That's fair. I almost falsely believed that you guys collect psychiclatrical patients on purpose.
One thing though: big numbers are nice if they can be backed up with proof.

Fischminister

Re: [2024.4.10 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Fischminister » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:34 pm

Yggd wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:14 am
We really don't mind if casuals or members of non-competitive guilds don't trust us.

In reality, I don't need to check other guild's videos, it's completely irrelevant. I've played WoW since 2004 and raiding at high levels ever since and seen Naxxramas through so many different point of views, it's likely no one who still plays any version of WoW at this point has seen it more than I have. Same goes with AQ, and even moreso BWL and MC. Possibly hard to understand, still a very high possibility. I don't think anyone would thing that's very curious, you might just not be familiar with competition, that's all.
I havent had any interactions with your guilde til reading here.
There are a lot of shizoposters here in this forum dont get hung up on that. On the other hand dont put you nose up to high- not a good luck.

Most of the time the guildes I know do lower content with some raiders and a lot of fresh players and twinks. so there wasnt any "competition" before you came here since it wasnt on anybodys mind- exept the one offs here and there. Its like the Superbowl there only one country is participating 95% ;)

Also a lot of little changes on privateserver to vanilla or classic or other private servers. So some skips work better or worse.

Im interested in seeing your Naxxtimes with close to bis gear. Gl

ps. vods would be nice to see but its clear you want to keep your strats for you - understandable

Asno

Post by Asno » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 am

Vrograg observed a Mortality raid

Last edited by Asno on Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vidda

Re: [2024.4.24 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 am

Updated 2024.4.24

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:29 pm

Hopefully the soyboy denyers get the answers they were looking for with Vrograg's video.
Wouldn't be surprised though if we had conspiracy theorists here surge back and call our times fake for *checks notes* there's not even any illogical reason remaining anymore, bot who knows what they can come up with

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 pm

Shoutout to Vrograg for hanging with us on a fun AQ40/BWL/MC night! Please give his channel some love.

Vrograg

Post by Vrograg » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm

Asno wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 am
Vrog joined mortality recently.
Asno, while I appreciate the plug, please be careful with how you word things. Someone could come across your post and think that I'm raiding with or actually joined Mortality, which is not true. I work very hard to try and be as neutral and unbiased as I can be and I do so by being as clear and concise as possible. If you could amend you post to say "Vrograg observed a Mortality raid", or something to that effect I would greatly appreciate it. (I actually don't know if we can even do edits LOL)

While I'll steer clear of the bickering going on, I did want to make sure my intentions were as clear as possible with my work in observing a Mortality raid night. I wanted to:

1. Fact check the veracity of the unconfirmed runs
2. Understand the reasoning behind the policy of withholding video logs
3. Ensure that the strategies and techniques used were within the realm of "fair competition"

Since my observation I, and the larger PvE community, now have a better understanding of if those runs are legit, have a direct quote from the raid leader's mouth about their policy, and gameplay was determined in my estimation to be "within fair bounds." I consider this a success in encouraging more activity in the speedrun community, while also honoring the work of Mortality, which is considerable. I simply wanted to get to the truth of the matter, as all journalists do.

This is neither an endorsement or denouncement of Mortality.

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 am

yo, nobody cares

Vidda

Re: [2024.5.2 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Thu May 02, 2024 1:53 am

Updated 2024.5.2

Asno

Post by Asno » Fri May 03, 2024 3:02 am

Vrograg wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm
Asno wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 am
Vrog joined mortality recently.
This is an endorsement of Mortality.
Thank you for your endorsement we appreciate you joining us.

Vidda

Re: [2024.5.2 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Thu May 09, 2024 1:08 am

Updated 2024.5.9

Eversongwoods

Re: [2024.5.9 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu May 09, 2024 6:50 am

this mortality guild has asterisks next to their speedrun times because they wont show video of their runs as not to give away any of their secrets (for those who didnt watch vrograg vid)

also, turtle wow is a unofficial version of a game that came out in 2004

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Thu May 09, 2024 9:11 am

you guys wanna hear a little secret?
Mortality uses invisibility potions to skip Trash after Vael as example or the Mobs after Lashlayer
in AQ40 as well, just skip most of the Trash with good uses of invisibility potions ;)

Nonnoanselmo

Post by Nonnoanselmo » Thu May 09, 2024 9:29 am

Floflo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 am
Why would anyone claim making themselves look like an idiot on a forum and smearing the name of their own guild is beyond me, honestly. Thank you for your effort but there are a lot of people with too much free time in their hands playing this game.

Gratz doom turtles btw
I like UX design.

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Sat May 11, 2024 6:51 pm

Inovatu wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:11 am
you guys wanna hear a little secret?
Mortality uses invisibility potions to skip Trash after Vael as example or the Mobs after Lashlayer
in AQ40 as well, just skip most of the Trash with good uses of invisibility potions ;)
you wanna hear a little secret?

Mortality isn't actually speed running, we just wanna go to bed on time hiding_smth_turtle_head

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon May 13, 2024 6:02 am

I've been playing with some of the best players of the server for over 3 years. First time i heard about mortality.

Proof videos or bluff

Hdliebtwo

Post by Hdliebtwo » Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 am

I don't understand why everyone cares about mOrTaLiTy so much.
What is so special about having multiple accounts open with 2 rogues and a warlock sneaking to the next boss while they are fighting the current boss?
It's just fastest runs, while skipping trash and bosses.
Just ignore them, they are all bark no bite.

Vidda

Re: [2024.5.15 UPDATE] Turtle WoW Speedrun Rankings

Post by Vidda » Wed May 15, 2024 7:25 am

Updated 2024.5.15

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Wed May 15, 2024 8:30 pm

My guess is that they split the raid into 2x 20 groups and every 20-group clears their own bosses. Molten Core is easy raid especially for disciplined guilds. Summoning with warlock could also be possible.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Wed May 15, 2024 11:00 pm

Hdliebtwo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 am
What is so special about having multiple accounts open with 2 rogues and a warlock sneaking to the next boss while they are fighting the current boss?
Maybe we can try that one day. Thanks for the idea, we really never thought about that before. Lol

In all seriousness, check the fatest ever clear in MC. It's under 20mins. There's no summoning wasted there. Just alot of speed pots, other speed consumables and alot of engineering.
We're not reinventing the wheel guys lol

Yggd

Post by Yggd » Wed May 15, 2024 11:05 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 8:30 pm
My guess is that they split the raid into 2x 20 groups and every 20-group clears their own bosses. Molten Core is easy raid especially for disciplined guilds. Summoning with warlock could also be possible.
See my previous post, and I'll even go as far confirm to you that we absolutely do not split the raid not even once. Having all your dpsers kill everything in mere seconds saves alot more time than splitting in half, both teams going at half the speed. No shame sharing that we do not do that.

Biteyou

Post by Biteyou » Thu May 16, 2024 1:18 am

Hdliebtwo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 am
Living in yo heads rent free turtle_tongue