Hardcore Fall Damage

Xanael

Hardcore Fall Damage

Post by Xanael » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:47 am

First of all, thanks Turtle Team for all work they done such far.
As title say, it would be great if in the future we will see glyph of returning fall damage to HC characters.
Maybe so few ppl interested in it, but such thing as fall damage complete change your journey, and make it more harder and interesting. I am hope that this glyph is easy to made. And i hope that fall damage enjoyers(i am one of them) will recive that glyph in a future. Thanks for reading anyway! smiling_turtle

Theexpell

Re: Hardcore Fall Damage

Post by Theexpell » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:26 am

I just hope that when/if they decide to turn fall damage back on in the future, that they announce it loud and clear.

The day it returns the chat will be spammed by death messages of people dying of "natural causes".

Xanael

Post by Xanael » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:39 am

Theexpell wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:26 am
I just hope that when/if they decide to turn fall damage back on in the future, that they announce it loud and clear.

The day it returns the chat will be spammed by death messages of people dying of "natural causes".
That why it should be just a glyph, for personal choice.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:39 am

Won't happen for one reason; Bugs. Fall damage was nerfed on hardcore because sometimes people would phase through the zeppelins, or sometimes when the zeppelin enters a new loading screen people would randomly fall through the zeppelin and die of fall damage, especially the new Zeppelin to Badlands. A common bug beyond the hardcore player's control that would guarantee death from fall damage. There were also issues with players falling through the elevators at Thunderbluff, Thousand Needles, and Undercity. The sensible thing was to nerf fall damage for hardcores so that people don't die of the various collision bugs and errors.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Xanael

Post by Xanael » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:05 am

Bellybutton wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:39 am
Won't happen for one reason; Bugs. Fall damage was nerfed on hardcore because sometimes people would phase through the zeppelins, or sometimes when the zeppelin enters a new loading screen people would randomly fall through the zeppelin and die of fall damage, especially the new Zeppelin to Badlands. A common bug beyond the hardcore player's control that would guarantee death from fall damage. There were also issues with players falling through the elevators at Thunderbluff, Thousand Needles, and Undercity. The sensible thing was to nerf fall damage for hardcores so that people don't die of the various collision bugs and errors.
It shouldnt be a problem, because as you accept special glyph of HC fall damage, you also accept all the risk that going with that glyph. insidious_turtle

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:25 pm

There are multiple interesting glyphs that can be introduced, to give new challenges for HC players
Enabling Fall Damage glyph for HC is not one of them
I know there are a lot of masochists around
but who would enable such a glyph, where you can literally die (and lose everything) by randomly walking around peacefully
NOPE
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Xanael

Post by Xanael » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:59 am

Darktifa wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:25 pm
There are multiple interesting glyphs that can be introduced, to give new challenges for HC players
Enabling Fall Damage glyph for HC is not one of them
I know there are a lot of masochists around
but who would enable such a glyph, where you can literally die (and lose everything) by randomly walking around peacefully
NOPE
i disagree, there is nothing change your game experience that much, as fall damage, so Fall Damage glyph for HC is totaly one of them, "I know there are a lot of masochists around" that why we need this glyph, "but who would enable such a glyph" me and other "masochists". That why we want this glyph!! hiding_smth_turtle_head