Not sure how I feel about this one

Mistermadigan

Not sure how I feel about this one

Post by Mistermadigan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 am

Hunter made it to level 46, Vagrant Challenge and S&S on top of it - was rough going but I had friends to play with along the way.
Biological emergency comes up and I run up a hill and feign death.
Come back, and my character is dead from "Natural Causes".

Find out that when Feign Death expires, you just die. Spell doesn't just cancel and pop you back up like how I remember it. Partly I find this funny, partly I find it frustrating because it's a bug.

Eh, whatever. It was a good run. Cheers to Montezul the Tauren Hunter and Lilbuddy the Hawkstrider.

p.s. I'm glad I died after transferring most of my gold over to my level 40 Rogue so she could get her mount.

But seriously, it'd be nice if something was done about that Feign Death bug because that's not the way that ability is supposed to work.

Pepesmite

Re: Not sure how I feel about this one

Post by Pepesmite » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:08 am

Mistermadigan wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 am
Hunter made it to level 46, Vagrant Challenge and S&S on top of it - was rough going but I had friends to play with along the way.

Find out that when Feign Death expires, you just die. Spell doesn't just cancel and pop you back up like how I remember it. Partly I find this funny, partly I find it frustrating because it's a bug.

Eh, whatever. It was a good run. Cheers to Montezul the Tauren Hunter and Lilbuddy the Hawkstrider.

p.s. I'm glad I died after transferring most of my gold over to my level 40 Rogue so she could get her mount.

But seriously, it'd be nice if something was done about that Feign Death bug because that's not the way that ability is supposed to work.
Greetings!

Please, make a bug report on our tracker: Bug tracker

It's easier for the team to document and investigate issues if they're reported on Github.

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:25 am

Mistermadigan wrote:

It's not a bug so much as a feature, probably added by blizzard to stop people abusing feign death to simply camp out an area or wait indefinitely for friends. It was very well known in the vanilla client; there are comments on it from 1.2-1.12 here: https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=5 ... h#comments. Search "die" and the 6 minute timer before death is mentioned by people playing the game in 2005.

Dying at the end of the timer isn't a bug since it's intentional. However, most deceiving is that the death at the end of the timer isn't mentioned in the tooltip.

On any character, a biological emergency would be a reason to log out. Feign death, shadowmeld, or stealth never guarantee a safe return when coming back to the computer.

Nokidding

Post by Nokidding » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Not a bug, always been like that.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

Pepesmite wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:08 am
Mistermadigan wrote:

Greetings!

Please, make a bug report on our tracker: Bug tracker

It's easier for the team to document and investigate issues if they're reported on Github.
not a bug.. it has always been like that.
Its blizzlike

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

Rule No. 1 in HC: Don't afk, Log out!

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

Mastered fake death so hard that he died for real
F

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

I feel you.
Maybe a warning saying something like '20 sec until real death' could prevent this for other HC hunters in the future.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm

Mistermadigan wrote:
that Feign Death bug
It's not a bug.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

This was changed in TBC... In Vanilla , you died after the duration was up...

Jaxflorida

Post by Jaxflorida » Fri May 10, 2024 4:00 pm

It sucks that you died that way at such a high level. A few lessons to take away.

1) never AFK in HC , wait the 20 seconds to log off
2) Know your class very well. Thats not a bug , but how the ability worked in classic. I vividly still remember dying way back in 2004-05 classic using FD and not coming back before the timer went off.