Warlock Scythe of Elune

Krotux

Warlock Scythe of Elune

Post by Krotux » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:38 am

I am not sure what is planned for the scythe of elune but I'm hoping its not worgens and also not just a stat stick like atiesh.

For warlocks, I think it would be cool lorewise if it made you stronger at controlling demons:

1. Increase pet damage, attack speed, and health by 50%.
2. Increase enslave demon duration and does not break early. Maybe make it last permanently or a very long time.
3. Active that summons demon guardians. Maybe mage one could summon elementals or something.

Vision0228

Re: Warlock Scythe of Elune

Post by Vision0228 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:41 am

Lorewise? It's the artifact for moonkins.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:11 am

> it's not worgens
How so? The Scythe is directly connected with worgens.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:20 pm

Galendor wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:11 am
> it's not worgens
I know its related to worgens which is why I suspect it might be something that turns you into a worgen or something, which I wouldn't really like tbh.
Vision0228 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:41 am
Lorewise? It's the artifact for moonkins.
That's not really true. For druids, yes, definitely moonkins. But it definitely has lore connections to other classes. For example, the warlock/necromancer guy in redridge mountains is searching for it, and according to the quest, will become unstoppable once he gets it.

According to what I've seen in the game, it greatly amplifies your power and also summons stuff. I guess it could be that everyone summons worgens, but it could also be used to summon stuff related to each class. Demons for warlocks, elementals for mages, for example.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:54 pm

Krotux wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:20 pm
Galendor wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:11 am
> it's not worgens
I know its related to worgens which is why I suspect it might be something that turns you into a worgen or something, which I wouldn't really like tbh.
Velinde Starsong didn't become a worgen when she used the Scythe, so I believe your fears are groundless.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:09 pm

It'd be nice if the legendary became a dagger, unlocked to more classes and with different variants like Atiesh. There are some moon sickle models that could be used.
They could kill multiple birds with one stone by doing this by giving rogues, hunters and shamans actual legendaries instead of adding yet another staff.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:09 pm
It'd be nice if the legendary became a dagger, unlocked to more classes and with different variants like Atiesh. There are some moon sickle models that could be used.
They could kill multiple birds with one stone by doing this by giving rogues, hunters and shamans actual legendaries instead of adding yet another staff.
Rogues have it tough, because any 1h that isn't a dagger will usually go to tanks first lol. Maybe next legendary will be a bow

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:50 pm

Yeah that's why a dagger legendary would be ideal. Shamans also complain about the lack of Thunderfury they can use and this new legendary could have a tanking dagger variant for them too.
For rogue and hunter it could have high offensive stats and some kind of arcane damage moon proc on both melee and ranged attacks.
Casters would just get a caster version.

I really don't get why we're getting another legendary staff when casters already have so many options and some classes are left without legendaries.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:57 pm

the scyther is related with arcane/shadow elements tho

something in that terms should be fine.(not demons)

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Everyone assume it'll be a weapon while it could be virtually anything

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:40 pm

Why did they decide to make another legendary staff with the same class limitations as the last one?
Should have been a melee DPS one hand or a bow so more classes have a legendary to go for. At least expand the class mask so that more stave-capable classes can go for it - shamans, hunters, warriors (assuming its like Atiesh and has unique stats and effects for each class). The same item class with the same class restrictions as Atiesh when you'd would assumedly need to go to upper kara to complete the quest line for it (right after Atiesh's raid tier) just seems silly.

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:23 am

You could rip off the priest staff and have one of its effects to turn into a different weapon type. That would open up the possibility of other classes to use it (depending on how hard it is to go from something 2-handed to 1-handed to possibly ranged).

Visionmoon

Post by Visionmoon » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 am

The scythe of Elune, the story involves the tower of Al'arias in the Grizzly Hills, the tower of Ilgala in the Redridge Mountains, and the Shadowfang Keep in Silverpine Forest. It is also related to the war of the Blackrock orcs on Stormwind City and the story of General Vandros' capture.
艾露恩之镰,的故事参与者应该有艾尔文的阿祖拉之塔,赤脊山的伊尔加拉之塔,和银松森林的影牙城堡有关。并且伴有黑石兽人对暴风城的战争和温德索尔元帅将军的被俘虏的故事。

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:29 am

This is about the warlock version of scythe, not other classes