[Release] Turtle Dragonflight

Christavious

Re: [Release] Turtle Dragonflight

Post by Christavious » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:41 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:22 am
Hello!

On your GitHub repo, there's no trace of older versions. Would it be possible to have them?

I had a version from 1-2 weeks ago that worked well, but I've been facing issues since the last update.

https://ibb.co/JpT84GJ (link to the screenshots)
(for some reasons, inserting image URLs doesn't work)

1/ I'm level 60 and I have an experience bar at the bottom.

2/ The icons no longer appear around the minimap. Well, that's not bothersome per se, the problem is more about the next point.

3/ I can't join BGs :( The new button at the bottom takes me to a screen I'm not familiar with.

The third point is the main issue. Until it's resolved, I have to disable the addon (as I deleted the previous version neutral_turtle_head ).

Thank you again for this addon, and have a good day!

Rag
From what I understand, I should have been doing releases, and not just updating the files as I go. Not sure there is a way to revert back.

1. FIXED!

2. They were moved to the MicroMenu (bottom right)

3. FIXED!

Thank y'all for the feedback.
Powered by LMDE 6 smiling_turtle

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:43 pm

Thank you for the fixes! I've re-enabled the addon since nothing is a blocker now.

However, there are still a few small details that could be fixed:
https://ibb.co/kH5z3dc

1/ The gauge container is gone (which is fine), but there's still a piece of the gauge floating :)

2/ The BG button placement is good. However, the list of BGs partly appears off-screen. It's not an issue for me, but a new player (who might not know the BG names) could get confused.

Regarding previous versions of the addon, no need to bother (since the new update addresses the major issues). However, I suggest adding a tag for each public version you release, so if something goes wrong (random blocking bug, etc.), a user can easily revert to the previous tag.

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:33 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:43 pm
Thank you for the fixes! I've re-enabled the addon since nothing is a blocker now.

However, there are still a few small details that could be fixed:
https://ibb.co/kH5z3dc

1/ The gauge container is gone (which is fine), but there's still a piece of the gauge floating :)

2/ The BG button placement is good. However, the list of BGs partly appears off-screen. It's not an issue for me, but a new player (who might not know the BG names) could get confused.

Regarding previous versions of the addon, no need to bother (since the new update addresses the major issues). However, I suggest adding a tag for each public version you release, so if something goes wrong (random blocking bug, etc.), a user can easily revert to the previous tag.
If you want to snag the latest and greatest tDF/tXPbar.lua, 1 will be fixed. For 2, I'm not sure as the menu is part of Turtle WoW. It's only an issue when I don't use the UI scale that's built in. Will have to investigate further.

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:16 am

Rebuilt the Minimap using the Dragonflight Mask. It looks much cleaner and smaller.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:14 pm

Christavious wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:33 pm
For 2, I'm not sure as the menu is part of Turtle WoW. It's only an issue when I don't use the UI scale that's built in. Will have to investigate further.
If you can't find a technical solution for this bug/problem, you could always move the button a bit more to the left in the menu, just enough so the list doesn't appear off-screen.

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:25 am

Robin64 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:41 am
Couple more reports.

If you get interrupted while performing an action, the bar turns red and says interrupted as it should, but the glowing marker continues going right, leaves the bar, and works its way across the whole screen. Also the bar doesn't vanish as it should.
Fixed this tonight. Grab the latest and greatest tCastbar.lua from Github.

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:15 pm

Added a clock to the Minimap

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:52 pm

New Unit Frames now live v1.5

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:14 pm
Christavious wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:33 pm
For 2, I'm not sure as the menu is part of Turtle WoW. It's only an issue when I don't use the UI scale that's built in. Will have to investigate further.
If you can't find a technical solution for this bug/problem, you could always move the button a bit more to the left in the menu, just enough so the list doesn't appear off-screen.
Hey bro, I believe this is fixed. Can you grab the latest and greatest tMicroMenu.lua and test it out?

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:30 pm

Christavious wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm
Hey bro, I believe this is fixed. Can you grab the latest and greatest tMicroMenu.lua and test it out?
I'm sorry but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be fixed on my end crying_turtle (same visuals as in the screenshot - note that I redownloaded all the addon files to be sure).

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:31 pm

Ah, and also, if I may make a suggestion that, at least for me personally, would make updating easier from one version to the next: would it be possible to have a file dedicated solely to settings for customizing the interface?

For example, in the minimap thing, I created these local variables:

Code: Select all

local tMinimapScale = 1.1
local tMinimapOffsetX, tMinimapOffsetY = -15, -40
(same for the Clock position etc.)

To use them like this:

Code: Select all

customMinimap:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", tMinimapOffsetX, tMinimapOffsetY)
customMinimap:SetWidth(150*tMinimapScale)
customMinimap:SetHeight(150*tMinimapScale)
Minimap:SetWidth(131*tMinimapScale)
Minimap:SetHeight(131*tMinimapScale)
etc.

But ideally, these local variables would use values from another config file.

Because right now, the problem is that every time you do an update, I replace all the files in case the structure has changed... and so I have to redo everything (not very long but still).

I think even for you, it would be more convenient to have a separate file with all the useful values for setting each UI element (Minimap and the rest too), so users won't have to go into the others, and can keep their settings from one version to the next.

PS: long message, but at the end of the day, it's not a major issue, more a matter of convenience.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:26 am

Hello

User feedback on the latest version.

The dark gradient on the health bar decreases readability (on my gaming screen at least), especially when the enemy is low on health points. Harder to identify at a glance.

https://ibb.co/4dg2xxY

Christavious

Post by Christavious » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:39 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:30 pm
Christavious wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm
I'm sorry but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be fixed on my end crying_turtle (same visuals as in the screenshot - note that I redownloaded all the addon files to be sure).
Hmm, odd. It's working exactly how it should on mine. What resolution are you running?