Druid macros just don't work

Anythinggoes

Druid macros just don't work

Post by Anythinggoes » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:24 pm

I went searching for vanilla macros on YouTube. Literally, nothing works! NOTHING!
I searched around these very forums and while a few macros suggested here DID work, most did not.
I am no macro god, but even I can copy and paste a macro properly and have done so many times before. Either I have forgotten how to copy/paste or vanilla macros don't work on this server.

Is there anyone kind enough to suggest a solution to any of the following:

1)Macro to get you out of any form, change you to another, and allow you to cast certain abilities of the new form? For example, make you leave cat form, go bear, and use Feral Charge. Or to make you leave bear, go cat and use Prowl. And no, /cancelform does not work. At least for me.

2)Macro to make you leave any form and cast Rejuvenation on yourself or to your mouseover target. Do mouseover macros work in base vanilla?

Drubarrymooer

Re: Druid macros just don't work

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:42 pm

I would also download roidmacros or supermacro to go along with the above

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:36 am

Anythinggoes wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:24 pm
Do mouseover macros work in base vanilla?
No.
But for this you can install the Classicmousever addon.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:15 am

Anythinggoes wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:24 pm
1)Macro to get you out of any form, change you to another, and allow you to cast certain abilities of the new form? For example, make you leave cat form, go bear, and use Feral Charge. Or to make you leave bear, go cat and use Prowl. And no, /cancelform does not work. At least for me.

2)Macro to make you leave any form and cast Rejuvenation on yourself or to your mouseover target. Do mouseover macros work in base vanilla?
Bear Form + Feral Charge
/script local C,N,A,X="Bear Form";for X=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N,A=GetShapeshiftFormInfo(X)if A==1 then A=X;break;end;end;if N==C then CastSpellByName("Feral Charge")else if A then CastShapeshiftForm(A)else CastSpellByName(C)end;end;

Dire Bear Form + Feral Charge
/script local C,N,A,X="Dire Bear Form";for X=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N,A=GetShapeshiftFormInfo(X)if A==1 then A=X;break;end;end;if N==C then CastSpellByName("Feral Charge")else if A then CastShapeshiftForm(A)else CastSpellByName(C)end;end;

Cat Form + Prowl
/script local C,N,A,X="Cat Form";for X=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N,A=GetShapeshiftFormInfo(X)if A==1 then A=X;break;end;end;if N==C then CastSpellByName("Prowl")else if A then CastShapeshiftForm(A)else CastSpellByName(C)end;end;

Cancel Form + Rejuvenation
/script local C,N,A,X="Cat Form";for X=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N,A=GetShapeshiftFormInfo(X)if A==1 then A=X;break;end;end;if not A then CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation")else CastShapeshiftForm(A)end;

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am

Thanks for your replies. Made my druidic life a lot easier.

Unfortunately, the macros provided by Ulukay did not do it for me. Bear form+charge, for example, I get this message:

[string " local C, N, A,X = "Bear Form" "for X=1, GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N..." ]:1: unexpected symbol near '<eof>'

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:31 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am
Thanks for your replies. Made my druidic life a lot easier.

Unfortunately, the macros provided by Ulukay did not do it for me. Bear form+charge, for example, I get this message:

[string " local C, N, A,X = "Bear Form" "for X=1, GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N..." ]:1: unexpected symbol near '<eof>'
Are you putting the macros in supermacro/roid macros or are you putting them in the regular macro tab?

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:45 pm

Regular. My bad, never used that addon. Appreciated.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:53 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am

I hope you're not trying to copy "Bear Form + Feral Charge"?
If you do it right, it should work. Otherwise, you have some kind of problem with the addon or client.
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:31 pm

Are you putting the macros in supermacro/roid macros or are you putting them in the regular macro tab?
I've written these macros with usage in mind without addons.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:59 pm

Did not copy those. I'll see what went wrong by trial and error.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:03 am

The macros worked! I swear I wasn't dumb enough to copy the titles in the macros, but it is all great now! Ulukay macro god detected.

Let me ask for one last "boon", so to say.

3)A macro that could get you out of any form and cast Moonfire, followed by Insect Swarm. I think I spotted a macro on these forums that allowed the user to track the duration of the Moonfire dot and reapply it if the duration was out. The problem is, that it could not get you out of form.

4)Working powershift macro? Tried several found on the forums, but the best I found, I had to click 2 times - 1 click to get me out of the current form and another click to enter it again. Is that how it is supposed to function in vanilla? Can't transition from one form to another without going caster first?

5)Lastly a macro to use Pounce in stealth and Shred out of it.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:03 am
3)A macro that could get you out of any form and cast Moonfire, followed by Insect Swarm. I think I spotted a macro on these forums that allowed the user to track the duration of the Moonfire dot and reapply it if the duration was out. The problem is, that it could not get you out of form.
This is possible, but to use such a macro you will have to use the addon to increase the number of characters of the macro, since it will not be small.
I couldn't do less:
/script local C,N,A,X=CastSpellByName;local function DB(N,T)if UnitExists("target")then for X=1,32 do T=UnitDebuff("target",X);if not T then X=32;else if strfind(T,N)then return T;end;end;end;end;end;for X=1,GetNumShapeshiftForms()do _,N,A=GetShapeshiftFormInfo(X)if A==1 then CastShapeshiftForm(X)break;end;end;if not A then if not DB("FaerieFire")then C("Faerie Fire")else if not DB("InsectSwarm")then C("Insect Swarm")end; end; end;
Anythinggoes wrote:
4)Working powershift macro? Tried several found on the forums, but the best I found, I had to click 2 times - 1 click to get me out of the current form and another click to enter it again. Is that how it is supposed to function in vanilla? Can't transition from one form to another without going caster first?
The Turtle's server is designed in such a way that there is a global cooldown for the use of abilities. Therefore, there is no other option to change the shape other than to use double-tapping.
Anythinggoes wrote:
5)Lastly a macro to use Pounce in stealth and Shred out of it.
/script local X,T;for X = 1,32 do T=UnitBuff("player",X);if not T then X=32;else if strfind(T,"Ability_Ambush")then X=32;end;end;end;if T then CastSpellByName("Pounce");else CastSpellByName("Shred");end;

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Thank you, sir! You saved me A LOT of headaches.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:52 pm

Sorry to necro, but this thread has been so good I cannot help but continue it. I tried to make a similar thread on the mage forums for damage spells, but it was nowhere near as useful. The suggestions there did not work for me.

Any macro to cast different spells/spell ranks with modifiers? Like press shift and cast rank 1 Healing Touch and max rank HT without shift? Something similar for Moonfire?

Imonobor
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Imonobor » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:06 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:52 pm
Sorry to necro, but this thread has been so good I cannot help but continue it. I tried to make a similar thread on the mage forums for damage spells, but it was nowhere near as useful. The suggestions there did not work for me.

Any macro to cast different spells/spell ranks with modifiers? Like press shift and cast rank 1 Healing Touch and max rank HT without shift? Something similar for Moonfire?
Check here viewtopic.php?p=88524#p88524
Edit: I just realized you're the OP of that thread lol. Did those suggestions not work out for you?
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:53 pm

No, they did not. I even have roid macros installed, just in case, with Mouseover addon disabled.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Like press shift and cast rank 1 Healing Touch and max rank HT without shift?
Why do this, so as not to heal whiter than necessary?
Alternatively, you can put spells of different levels in different slots and place them with modifiers without using macros.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Ulukay wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm
Anythinggoes wrote:
Alternatively, you can put spells of different levels in different slots and place them with modifiers without using macros.
Good enough for healing spells but with limited bar space, having modifier macros on damage spells is a complete game-changer for me.

Ibux
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ibux » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:00 pm

make sure you don't have the modified key bound to something else. or the macro will probably not work.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:25 pm
Ulukay wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm
Anythinggoes wrote:
Good enough for healing spells but with limited bar space, having modifier macros on damage spells is a complete game-changer for me.
You still haven't said what the first rank spell is for.

Maybe I'll just give you a macro written by myself and that I've always used?! It doesn't require modifier presses and uses the required ranks, depending on the lack of health. But to use it, you will need an addon like Supermacro.
-Rank based on the player's level, mana, and the target's missing health. With the Alt pressed, "Nature's Swiftness" is used-
/script local UL,UM,UT,AH=UnitLevel,UnitMana;local function GotSpell(spell,rank) local ix,spellName,spellRank;if not spell then spell="Nature's Swiftness";rank="";end;for ix=1,200 do spellName,spellRank=GetSpellName(ix,"spell") if spellName==nil then return;else if spellName==spell and spellRank==rank then if GetSpellCooldown(ix,"spell")==0 then return true; else return; end;end;end;end;end;local function BIF() return buffed("Clearcasting")=="buff" end;if UL("target")==0 or UnitCanAttack("player","target") then UT="player";else UT="target";end;AH=UnitHealthMax(UT)-UnitHealth(UT);if not IsAltKeyDown() or BIF() or not GotSpell() then if UL("player")>59 and ((UM("player")>799 and AH>2267) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 11") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 11)"); else if UL("player")>55 and ((UM("player")>719 and AH>1890) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 10") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 10)"); else if UL("player")>49 and ((UM("player")>599 and AH>1516) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 9") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 9)"); else if UL("player")>43 and ((UM("player")>494 and AH>1199) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 8") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 8)"); else if UL("player")>37 and ((UM("player")>404 and AH>936) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 7") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 7)"); else if UL("player")>31 and ((UM("player")>334 and AH>742) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 6") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 6)"); else if UL("player")>25 and ((UM("player")>269 and AH>572) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 5") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 5)"); else if UL("player")>19 and ((UM("player")>184 and AH>363) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 4") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 4)"); else if UL("player")>13 and ((UM("player")>109 and AH>195) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 3") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 3)"); else if UL("player")>7 and ((UM("player")>54 and AH>88) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 2") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 2)"); else if UL("player")>0 and ((UM("player")>24 and AH>37) or BIF()) and GotSpell("Healing Touch","Rank 1") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 1)"); else CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 1)");end;end;end;end;end;end;end;end;end;end;end;else CastSpellByName("Nature's Swiftness");end;

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:20 pm

Amazing macro, but I need something much more simple. Honestly, using one button to cast max rank Healing Touch and lower rank for mana efficiency is great, but having the ability to use a single button for 2 or more damage spells is what I want.

For example: Without modifiers it casts Starfire. With modifier casts Wrath. Another modifier and does Hurricane. Something like that.

And no, I unbound shift to avoid bar switching, but the previously suggested macros don't work for me.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:46 am

Anythinggoes wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:20 pm
.., but having the ability to use a single button for 2 or more damage spells is what I want.

For example: Without modifiers it casts Starfire. With modifier casts Wrath. Another modifier and does Hurricane. Something like that.

And no, I unbound shift to avoid bar switching, but the previously suggested macros don't work for me.
Starfire+Wrath+Hurricane+Nature's Swiftness
/script if IsControlKeyDown()then CastSpellByName("Hurricane")else if IsShiftKeyDown()then CastSpellByName("Wrath")else if IsAltKeyDown()then CastSpellByName("Nature's Swiftness")else CastSpellByName("Starfire")end;end;end;

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:39 am

Ulukay wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:46 am
Anythinggoes wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:20 pm
.., but having the ability to use a single button for 2 or more damage spells is what I want.

Starfire+Wrath+Hurricane+Nature's Swiftness
/script if IsControlKeyDown()then CastSpellByName("Hurricane")else if IsShiftKeyDown()then CastSpellByName("Wrath")else if IsAltKeyDown()then CastSpellByName("Nature's Swiftness")else CastSpellByName("Starfire")end;end;end;
Mr. Ulukay, you truly have a gift for that kind of thing. I am only sorry I can't endorse your posts in these forums. Honestly, this thread should get a pin or something for how much useful information it provides.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:34 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:39 am

Mr. Ulukay, you truly have a gift for that kind of thing.
I think it's not about the gift, at least not only. I studied this, as needed, for three years. I studied new opportunities, complemented and updated my own macros. I took ready -made solutions from the Internet, took them apart, studied them, remaking to my needs.
Here is a useful site that has given me useful information on more than one occasion to explore specific features, their effects, and capabilities. Be careful that not all the features presented there are supported by the vanilla version of WoW.
https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki ... rcraft_API
Last edited by Ulukay on Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Since it so happens, I'll post here another of my favorite macros for a multi-attack satisfied_turtle

-=Druid multi-attack=--=Attack+Swarm+Moonfire+Faerie+Charge+Bite+Swipe+Maul+Fury+Rake+Claw=-

/script local function melee() if UnitExists('target') then return CheckInteractDistance('target',2) end end local ii=" says"local function ranged() if UnitExists('target') then return not melee() end end local vv=" hello"local function inCombat() return UnitAffectingCombat('player') end local pp="Ulu"local function GotBuff(name,target) local tex,cnt for ix = 1,32 do tex,cnt = UnitBuff('player',ix) if not tex then return end if strfind(tex,name) then return cnt end end end local ee=" to"local scm=SendChatMessage local function GotDebuff(name,target) if not target then target = 'target' end local tex,cnt for ix = 1,32 do tex,cnt = UnitDebuff(target,ix) if not tex then return end if strfind(tex,name) then return cnt end end end local rr="kay"local function action(spell,rank,self) local ix,spellName,spellRank=192 while(ix>0) do if ix==0 then return nil else spellName,spellRank=GetSpellName(ix,"spell") if spellName==spell and (spellRank==rank or rank==nil) then if GetSpellCooldown(ix,"spell")==0 then if self then CastSpellByName(spell.."("..rank..")",self) else CastSpell(ix,'spell') end return true end end ix=ix-1 end end end local tt=" you!"local function sh() if (melee() or ranged()) and random()<=0.001 then scm(UnitName("target").." - "..pp..rr..ii..vv..ee..tt,"SAY")end end function Attack_Actions() local mana=UnitMana('player')local OoC=GotBuff('Spell_Shadow_ManaBurn')sh()local RPoH; if UnitExists('target') then RPoH=UnitHealth('target')/UnitHealthMax('target') else RPoH=0; end for C=1,96 do if IsAttackAction(C) and not IsCurrentAction(C) then CastSpellByName('Attack') C=96 return end end if not GotBuff('Ability_Racial_BearForm') and not GotBuff('Ability_Druid_CatForm') then if not GotDebuff('Spell_Nature_InsectSwarm') and not OoC and RPoH>0.2 and action('Insect Swarm') then return end if (not GotDebuff('Spell_Nature_StarFall') or OoC or RPoH<0.2) and action('Moonfire') then return end if not GotDebuff('Spell_Nature_FaerieFire') and RPoH>0.4 and action('Faerie Fire') then return end else if not GotDebuff('Spell_Nature_FaerieFire') then if action('Faerie Fire (Feral)','Rank 4') then return elseif action('Faerie Fire (Feral)','Rank 3') then return elseif action('Faerie Fire (Feral)','Rank 2') then return elseif action('Faerie Fire (Feral)','Rank 1') then return end end if GotBuff('Ability_Racial_BearForm') then if ranged() and (mana>4 or OoC) and action('Feral Charge') then return end if melee() and (mana>29 or OoC) and action('Savage Bite') then end if melee() and (mana>14 or OoC) and action('Swipe') then end if melee() and (mana>9 or OoC) and action('Maul') then end end if GotBuff('Ability_Druid_CatForm') then if not GotBuff('Ability_Mount_JungleTiger') and mana>29 and action("Tiger's Fury") then end if melee() and not GotDebuff('Ability_Druid_Disembowel') and mana>32 and not OoC and UnitCreatureType('target')~='Elemental' and UnitCreatureType('target')~='Mechanical' and UnitCreatureType('target')~='Uncategorized' and UnitCreatureType('target')~='Undead' and action('Rake') then return end if melee() and (mana>37 or OoC) and action('Claw') then end end end end Attack_Actions()

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 pm

Hmm, let's see this lesson put to use. I have this macro:

/script if IsShiftKeyDown() then CastSpellByName(" Pyroblast (Rank 1)") else CastSpellByName("Fireball") end

It works just fine. However, when I try this:

/script if IsShiftKeyDown() then CastSpellByName(" Frostbolt (Rank 1)") else CastSpellByName("Frostbolt") end

It doesn't work (max rank Frostbolt is casted, but not rank 1). I compared those macros in Notepad, and cannot see a mistake, yet the first one works and the second one doesn't. Does it have anything to do with being different rank of the same spell?

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:59 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 pm
Hmm, let's see this lesson put to use. I have this macro:

/script if IsShiftKeyDown() then CastSpellByName(" Pyroblast (Rank 1)") else CastSpellByName("Fireball") end

It works just fine. However, when I try this:

/script if IsShiftKeyDown() then CastSpellByName(" Frostbolt (Rank 1)") else CastSpellByName("Frostbolt") end

It doesn't work (max rank Frostbolt is casted, but not rank 1). I compared those macros in Notepad, and cannot see a mistake, yet the first one works and the second one doesn't. Does it have anything to do with being different rank of the same spell?
CastSpellByName("Frostbolt(Rank 1)") - There should be no extra characters or spaces.
If you open the spellbook and the macro window, and then click on the Shift+Right Mouse Button, a line with the spell command will be written to the macro window. For example, /cast Moonfire(Rank 1) - you need to copy Moonfire(Rank 1) to put in quotation marks "", in your macro CastSpellByName("Moonfire(Rank 1)")

I advise you to use notepad++. There's LUA syntax highlighting.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 pm

Done. Once more, I appreciate your time and effort Ulukay.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:59 am

More necro!

I have to say that using addons like ShaguTweaks pretty eliminated the need for macros that get you out of forms. One tick on the top right corner of the menu and the problem is solved. (I'm adding this in case someone reads the thread looking for tips).

I have been suggested this macro for mouseover healing in another thread:

/run i=(GetMouseFocus().unit) if i then CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation") SpellTargetUnit(i) else CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation") end

It doesn't work. Is it me or is the problem with the macro?

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:30 pm

Anythinggoes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:59 am

/run i=(GetMouseFocus().unit) if i then CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation") SpellTargetUnit(i) else CastSpellByName("Rejuvenation") end

GetMouseFocus works for standard character frames. Not target in the world.
https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki ... MouseFocus
For targets in the world, you need the ClassicMouseover addon or similar.

Anythinggoes

Post by Anythinggoes » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:40 pm

Ulukay wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:30 pm
Anythinggoes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:59 am

GetMouseFocus works for standard character frames. Not target in the world.
https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki ... MouseFocus
For targets in the world, you need the ClassicMouseover addon or similar.
It is getting old, but thanks once more.