Lower requirement for Bloodthirsty title

Astrallizard

Lower requirement for Bloodthirsty title

Post by Astrallizard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:46 pm

The Bloodthirsty PvP title currently requires 250k honorable kills. This appears to be an insane number, especially since PvP is not a main focus of Turtle WoW and getting into constant PvP action simply may not be possible.

The highest count reached by a player so far is 80k kills I think. Many players have achieved Rank 14 way below 50k kills, so the mentioned title should have a more reasonable requirement.

https://turtle-wow.org/#/achievement-titles
Last edited by Astrallizard on Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigsmerf

Re: Lower requirement for Bloodthirsty title

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:23 pm

Was expecting to come into a heated argument where people berate you for daring to want something be easier, but...

Yeah, this is ridiculous. 250k...? On this server? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen?
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:56 pm

100k is more reasonable, it was 100k for the title on Wotlk afaik, also I've noticed HK's on this server act in a weird way, after a AV where you had say 500+ kills on the Scorelist screen they stop counting after like 200 on your character sheet.

Mcnair

Post by Mcnair » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:20 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:56 pm
[...] HK's on this server act in a weird way, after a AV where you had say 500+ kills on the Scorelist screen they stop counting after like 200 on your character sheet.
If I remember correctly, that was how it worked in vanilla - You can only get 10 HKs out of a given enemy in a day.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:41 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
100k is more reasonable, it was 100k for the title on Wotlk afaik, also I've noticed HK's on this server act in a weird way, after a AV where you had say 500+ kills on the Scorelist screen they stop counting after like 200 on your character sheet.
I think even that's a bit much considering as our OP mentioned currently the highest player kill count is 80k. That's one person in the entire server at that number. Sure, there's probably others close to it, but this is also an almost 6 year old server so 100k would still be a ways away from them. Maybe. I dunno.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:41 pm
Grizb37 wrote:
I think even that's a bit much considering as our OP mentioned currently the highest player kill count is 80k. That's one person in the entire server at that number. Sure, there's probably others close to it, but this is also an almost 6 year old server so 100k would still be a ways away from them. Maybe. I dunno.
I think 100k is fine, a good goal to work towards. I'm almost half way there and I've only been pvping just over a year casually. What you don't want is everyone and their mother with the Title as what's the point... Needs to be something special.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:44 pm

Is 250k number real for private vanilla servers?
Among all vanilla servers i recall only one nerd that reached 250k by playing alliance warlock and he was playing av 24/7 farming opposite faction on purpose.
For twow even 150k is ultra high.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:01 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:44 pm
Is 250k number real for private vanilla servers?
Among all vanilla servers i recall only one nerd that reached 250k by playing alliance warlock and he was playing av 24/7 farming opposite faction on purpose.
For twow even 150k is ultra high.
Yeah it's crazy, I swear sometimes the Devs at TWoW just pull numbers out their ass lmao.
Like the Seeker of Knowledge title, impossible for Horde characters to obtain there's only around 2350 quests for Horde in the entire game but the title is for 2800...

I'm not sure who keeps approving these numbers but they're miles off, I've tried to suggest dropping it for Horde but getting through to them seems impossible, so I wouldn't bank on this title ever being obtainable either.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm

250k was what the number was for bloodthirsty back in the day and i remember getting it on my main before they made it 250k hks account wide i think at the end of cata. At 100k you got a "of the horde" or alliance. They should leave it the way it was and just make pvp better and people would get it.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:16 am

Eversongwoods wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm
250k was what the number was for bloodthirsty back in the day and i remember getting it on my main before they made it 250k hks account wide i think at the end of cata. At 100k you got a "of the horde" or alliance. They should leave it the way it was and just make pvp better and people would get it.
You simply cannot take retail WoW as reference. Turtle WoW does not offer the same PvP environment (no cross-realm battlegrounds, no PvP seasons, overall stale PvP content).

Moving the requirement for the title to 100k kills or even slightly less than that is a necessary adjustment.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Astrallizard wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:16 am
Eversongwoods wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm
You simply cannot take retail WoW as reference. Turtle WoW does not offer the same PvP environment (no cross-realm battlegrounds, no PvP seasons, overall stale PvP content).

Moving the requirement for the title to 100k kills or even slightly less than that is a necessary adjustment.
Yep. Also don't forget HKs stop counting here after you kill a certain player more than a few times a day. The HKs stop going into your lifetime kills. So this makes it even harder with the limited people actually playing pvp here.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am

I wonder if creating a bug report would be reasonable in this case. Assuming that the title is pretty much not obtainable during the lifespan of the main PvE server, and impossible to get on the PvP realm.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Thu May 09, 2024 9:47 pm

While talking with someone about this matter it was suggested that the title could be made tier based instead:

Bloodthirsty (75k) -> Bloodthirstier (100k) -> Bloodthirstiest (125k)

This way the players with the highest HKs numbers as of now would be rewarded with the title, but there also would be a reason to keep going and reach the two next milestones.

Nazzydragon

Post by Nazzydragon » Fri May 10, 2024 6:47 pm

100k seems fair, but they really should make all BGs comparable honor so not everyone and their mom queues the worst BG only (AV). If I had to grind that title in just AV I think I'd rather take my tits to a cheese grater tbh.