Faction change

Hergulesky

Faction change

Post by Hergulesky » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Hello,
I want to change faction/race from nelf to orc. My champ is 60. My question is, did I will keep reputation like ZG, Cenarion (from 'Others' tab) or I have to start everything from beginning? And can I choose model or it's random? ^^

Roxanneflowers

Re: Faction change

Post by Roxanneflowers » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 am

Hergulesky wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:57 pm
I want to change faction/race from nelf to orc.
That's called rolling a new character.
Hergulesky wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:57 pm
My champ is 60. My question is, did I will keep reputation like ZG, Cenarion (from 'Others' tab) or I have to start everything from beginning?
New. Character.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:36 pm

There is a faction change service in the shop, I think he's referring to that.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Hergulesky

Post by Hergulesky » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Yes, I want to do it by Speedy. It's okey Roxanne.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:39 am

When you get the faction change item, you designate a character of the race you want to swap to. It will disconnect you, and when you log back in, your character will look exactly like the character you designated. So for the best results, make an orc that looks how you want your elf to look and designate them.

As for reputations and other things, some of your city reps may end up wonky, but any shared reputations should remain the same. There are some other things that go wrong at times, such as losing attunements; primarily for Molten Core. This is pretty easy to fix (just do the quest again), but you can also just contact one of the GMs to get them to reattune you. For best results, don't do the swap right before a raid you plan to join.

Additionally, you will lose all of your flight paths, or will keep all of the ones in one continent. It's pretty random, as far as I can tell. It's something to keep in mind as something you'll want to take care of once you swap.

Most other things (weapon skills, gear, etc) no longer experience issues with race and faction changes, luckily.

Hergulesky

Post by Hergulesky » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:34 pm

That's a complex answer what I looking for. Many thanks satisfied_turtle

Edit. Done. Just like Qixel sad. After changes still have FP In Ratchet^^ I guess is because Ratchet has one Flight Master for both ally and horde
Now can do all horde questline (is unfinished) and have good orc life.
Thanks for help

Waltas

Post by Waltas » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:52 pm

Sup! Who can tell if there is an opportunity to change the faction now.
Thx!