What Would You Do? -- Role-Playing Writing Prompts 3

Nienor

What Would You Do? -- Role-Playing Writing Prompts 3

Post by Nienor » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:49 pm

I thought my previous prompt was a bit passive, given that most people just wouldn't react in a big way so I wanted to write a better one-- I'll try to keep it vague enough to apply to everyone but specific enough that you actually feel involved--

Writing prompts. They can be a good way to develop and explore one's characters. They can also help improve and flex one's writing skills. But moreover, they can be a lot of fun to engage in. So let's have a thread for role-playing writing prompts.

Feel free to respond any way you'd like. If you want to give a short answer, that's great. If you want to write out a long and lengthy scene in reply, wonderful. You can write a poem or song if you wish. Just put yourself in your character's head and try to think how they think. If you have multiple characters you like playing, feel free to give multiple responses. You don't even have to be a role-player to play along.

Here's the writing prompt:

You are in a tavern resting quietly by yourself from your adventuring when a rather annoying voice disturbs you, they are friendly but you wish they would leave you be. After a brief interaction the person informs you that they're off to go do some adventuring, their demeanor is a little superior and that really starts to grate you but then they kindly give you a buff and wish you well. -- A little while later you yourself are on the road again, it doesn't take you too long to hear something in the wild, you run towards the commotion and see none other than the annoying acquaintance from earlier being attacked by two wild beasts, clearly they are overpowering your "friend" and you aren't sure they will escape however your "friend" hasn't seen you --- What do you do?