What Would You Do? -- Role-Playing Writing Prompts 2

Nienor

What Would You Do? -- Role-Playing Writing Prompts 2

Post by Nienor » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:22 pm

I wanted to take the prompt idea by Mac and write another :) Mac wrote a good intro so I'll put that here:

Writing prompts. They can be a good way to develop and explore one's characters. They can also help improve and flex one's writing skills. But moreover, they can be a lot of fun to engage in. So let's have a thread for role-playing writing prompts.

Feel free to respond any way you'd like. If you want to give a short answer, that's great. If you want to write out a long and lengthy scene in reply, wonderful. You can write a poem or song if you wish. Just put yourself in your character's head and try to think how they think. If you have multiple characters you like playing, feel free to give multiple responses. You don't even have to be a role-player to play along.

Here's the writing prompt:

You are in a quiet village, just passing through. You see at the inn a notice of someone offering a big reward for the retrieval of some rather difficult obtain materials from the wilderness, dangerous for regular towns folk but not for an adventurer like yourself. It takes you hours and was tedious but finally you collect the materials however when you return to find the towns person who required the materials they tell you that someone was there earlier that day and that the reward has already been claimed-- what do you do?
Last edited by Nienor on Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Queenoona

Re: What Would You Do? -- Role-Playing Writing Prompts

Post by Queenoona » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:15 pm

While its disappointing that the reward has been claimed, a journey is not defined by a destination but the road that you travel to reach it. Still learning this land, I would inquire what use the material has and what benefits it provides. If possible I would attempt to make some use of it myself or share the knowledge with others who may have such aptitude. If the material is perishable or cumbersome I would leave it with the requester regardless so that it does not go to waste. Otherwise I would part with a portion of what had been gathered as thanks for sharing the knowledge and find a use for what remains.

Nienor

Re: What Would You Do? -- Role-Playing Writing Prompts

Post by Nienor » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:34 pm

Queenoona wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:15 pm
While its disappointing that the reward has been claimed, a journey is not defined by a destination but the road that you travel to reach it. Still learning this land, I would inquire what use the material has and what benefits it provides. If possible I would attempt to make some use of it myself or share the knowledge with others who may have such aptitude. If the material is perishable or cumbersome I would leave it with the requester regardless so that it does not go to waste. Otherwise I would part with a portion of what had been gathered as thanks for sharing the knowledge and find a use for what remains.
That's very level headed and wise.