Make the game relatively more like Warcraft III rather than TBC, please.

Sleeplust

Make the game relatively more like Warcraft III rather than TBC, please.

Post by Sleeplust » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:10 pm

My points are simple:
  • Blood elves ARE cononically high elves who still hold hatred towards the Horde and trolls.
  • Night elves used to be the common enemy of Thrall and Jaina's joint force and seem odd to serve under the flag of the HUMAN Aliance.
  • The forsaken should also be made a separate faction who look more like Gadgetzan or goblin markets in Horde's view.
  • The orc is the "ancient enemies" of the Draenei race, as described in The Frozen Throne. The Draenei is not eredars' relative remodeled in the lore of TBC, who came to Draenor as immigrants.
Lastly, Blizzard's biggest falure is their policy that prioritises the gaming mechanism or balance by sacrificing the originally rational plot and making the perfect structure of the original game no longer sustainable.

Galendor

Re: Make the game relatively more like Warcraft III rather than TBC, please.

Post by Galendor » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:50 pm

What is the meaning of that?
Did someone among the devs said different about first & fourth points?
Or it is possible in Vanilla version of the game to create the third playable faction?
I genuinely want to understand a purpose of this topic.

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:30 pm

Yah, the night elves in the alliance and forsaken in the horde didn't make sense in the context of picking up where WC3 ended, but it made sense to do so if the goal was to have night elves and forsaken be playable races.

Studbucket

Post by Studbucket » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:46 pm

I'd love to see something implemented to better align with your points. However, this was a game based off of vanilla. So they have lots of freedom to avoid some of the TBC nonsense that happened.

I'm not sure how much freedom the TWoW team has to fix vanilla nonsense (undead in Horde, etc). And there's so much built on top of the two faction system now.

But I agree with your desires and sentiments.
Member of <Grey Haven>. Mains: Koukouvagia, Awsploda, Gordoba.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:54 am

draeneis are kind of uncorrupted eredar though...

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:50 am

Draeneis don't exist, was a retcon of TBC with the Blood Elves joining the Horde, are Eredar or broken, but Draeneis don't exist here.
Blood Elves and High Elves are separated, conserves the lore of Warcraft III, but canonically, Blood Elves are a Common enemy for the High Elves and the Alliance due to their alliance with Illidan and the Naga.
The Night Elves at the end became alllies for the Alliance and the Horde, but due to the hostilities of the Horde against them they formally joined the Alliance and broke any relations with the Horde.
The Forsaken are in a convenience alliance with the Horde, they don't feel a deep allegiance to the Horde races.

The game tries to maintain the lore of WoW, and follows the previous lore of Warcraft III as it can.

Sleeplust

Post by Sleeplust » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:11 pm

Springboards wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:54 am
draeneis are kind of uncorrupted eredar though...
Draeneis are residents of Draenor, as their name was created by the original/earliest Blizzard designers, rather than eredars. You can't find any clues in any book, manual or game version of Warcraft III that indicate the two races are evolutionarily related. Don't try to persuade me with TBC's ill-designed lore.