Some ideas for Druid

Onega11

Some ideas for Druid

Post by Onega11 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:01 pm

Druid Class Turtle wow ideas.

Fist weps for druid
Can visually see them on the druid in forms.
Maybe slow the druids movement speed down due to bulkiness. This allows chance on hit and enchants and wf totem can proc. I know this would favor fist weps over all else so a work around could be conjured.

New markings or tattoos on the druid skin as an enchant or maybe a rune in the world. Large items marks with ancient runes to buff the druid or shaman. Different runes will give different tattoos and different buffs- for example a fire rune will give fire resistance and give red markings on the bear/cat/boomkin forms. There could be hand in requirement's for the runes and the buff only lasts so long.

Capturing fish in aqua form, if the druid is swimming through the fish spawn rings it could add some fish to the inventory. Tauren get striding which is stacked on herb gathering so this cant be to op.

Bark skin usable in form.

Swipe hits 5 over 3 targets while in bear form and can be used in cat form, maybe keep it at 3 targets in cat form

Rebirth has short cd when used outside combat. Long cd when used as a cb res.

Polearms would be nice to use

Travel form speed increases with level like the turtle mount speed? It is funny to see tauren and turtles out running a cheetah lol. Will max at 60 percent. Could increase with riding skill.

Symbiosis was a move added sometime after wotlk where the druid can trade a spell with another class. This is a great idea and could be added with low tier spells to add flavor and lore.

Spirit bomb would be great, ask the world for it energy and sacrifice your allies life force to nuke an enemy. The more energy, the bigger and stronger it will be... Kakarot..you can do it! lol

New forms that take over existing forms, A few ideas for forms could be..

Cat Form ideas: spider, wolf, crocodile, raptor, hyena,

Bear form ideas: kodoo, TURTLE,

Boomkin: gnolls, those horsemen things, dragon,

Keep the moves simple and things will carry over for both abilities and talents. Say spider for example has a poison over time move called sting but it a simple renaming of rake with a new picture with poison instead of bleed damage. Rename fb with furious fangs. Just pick animals that can stealth and again rename and change the pics of the ability.
A raptor and wolf would do very similar moves to the original cat form. This is a work in progress of course but is meant to spark ideas that could b implemented and fun. limit it to 1 different form at a time, so you can only have cat or spider, not both.

This can also be compounded in the shop, the player can learn the form through a quest and can have skin changes via the shop.

Make a slower larger travel form that can be mounted by an ally for traveling. Like..a TURTLE!

These are just ideas and are food for thought. What do you all think

Bigsmerf

Re: Some ideas for Druid

Post by Bigsmerf » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:51 pm

I don't have many inputs but I did want to make it clear druids can already use polearms
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:16 pm

and Fistweapons

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:12 am

Need to give the druids the form of a hypogriff for flying. 😅

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:33 am

Would be nice to scale travel form to riding skill, same as Plainsrunning, but if druid gets in combat reduce speed to its standard 40% for pvp reasons.

Templar85
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Templar85 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:41 am

Druid could get visual flying form beside cheetah. Flying means just hover above the ground by 5 feet but grounded enemies can still attack like being on a normal mount.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:22 am

Barkskin in form would be so good for pve bear.

I'm all for any optional visual changes. Different tattoo options, diff horns, diff hair, diff skin colors. That was the best part of MoP as a Druid imho...or maybe it was cata...but where your skin color and hair style choice affected the look of your forms.

The speed increasing ones and the ones that add/change spells...not so much.

As for a normal rez...I know ppl ask for it a lot. I don't know how I feel about it, if I'm being honest. Its kind of the charm of vanilla wow. We're not all the same. We have strengths and weaknesses as different classes. Even as a bear tank main, I don't think we need more targets in swipe. Sure it would be cool, but that takes away from the Pally tank niche. The only way I think I'd be down with it would be if it was connected to a deep resto talent or something else to make it feel more limited or restricted. If you want to spin it as a positive, if we don't get a normal rez, we can just sit and drink and not have to rez anyone...just buff our groups as they fill up, then thank our lucky stars we're not priests with 3 group buffs with an expensive reagent and group fort is like 3.6k mana....so you get MAYBE 2 groups, then you have to drink again.
Inovatu wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:16 pm
and Fistweapons
Druids can't use OH fist weapons.... /cry MY TMMOOOOGGG! No, FR, it would be very cool to get off hands so we could tmog sets.

Side note...we need more cross weapon mogging abilities. e.g. staves can be mogged as maces. imho, if its 2h, it should be able to be mogged with and other 2hander. Same thing goes for MH/OH 1handed weaps.

Onega11

Post by Onega11 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:09 am

Just to clarify, i did not know the druid on tw can use polearms but i did know about the fist weps, my request was for the weps to visible while in form. they can be kept simple.

A few things i forgot that i would like to add are:

trinkets used in form
potion used in form
i support another users post in claw sharpening stones, this is not my idea and i do not take credit for it.
chance on hit procs would be nice aswell.

thanks

Ransin950

Post by Ransin950 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:43 am

We need travel form speed increases with level like the turtle mount speed。

we need a New skill: Capturing fish. Fishing skill is required, with a 10 second casting time that can only be used in Aqua form. After casting, you can obtain a fishing pick up and increase the fishing skill level accordingly. The picked up items are the same as the fishing skill.

We need a new skill in tree form to replace the healing touch. For example, Life Bloom or nourish.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:03 am

I was thinking turn Hurricane into 2 sec cast AOE like Mages Flamestrike, you could cast it then shift into bear, would be good for Aoe pulls, and balance could still dps while hurricanes going (Like the Centaur Storm Casters version)

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:37 pm

guys!! hunters pet has same swimming speed with druids aquatic form.

pls fix this first of all. is not a normal thing imo....

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:13 am

Loved if tree form could access to whole healing toolkit.
Some kind of shield wall effect to bear.
Hurricane change and possibly a nature 'curse' for moonkin.
No idea about cats.

Tbh above-mentioned fish catching seems like a cool idea.

Tomberry

Post by Tomberry » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:58 pm

Make Rake viable by scaling with ap.
It's completely useless at the moment and not worth any energy.

Allow Barkskin in bear form, with reduced attack speed. So you can trade threat for tankiness in critical situations.

Give cats a swipe. Something like claw with higher energy cost that hits 3 targets and does not generate combo points. It would not affect the DPS on bosses but make trash a bit more enjoyable.

Xormplus

Post by Xormplus » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:02 am

good idea good idea

Templar85
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Templar85 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:51 am

I posted my druid rework ideas couple of Months ago to here viewtopic.php?p=83965#p83965 It is very detailly and offering solutions to the problems that Druids facing right now. I refined and rethinked some of them. What do you guys think about it?

Tomberry

Post by Tomberry » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:02 am

@Templar85
Some very cool ideas, but if you implement only half of them, druid will be the new op class.

2-3 of them could work very well.
I like the idea of a bear Revenge.