Hunter changes.

Ulukay
Has liked: 1 time

Hunter changes.

Post by Ulukay » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:08 pm

I'd like to play with a pet breeder. To give all the battles to the pet. But unfortunately, this is not possible, due to some circumstances.
First of all, attacking only with the pet - the opponent is not considered hit, so I and the pet will not get experience and loot.
Secondly, there is not enough buff for the pet (there is an improved talent [Improved Eyes of the Beast], but this is not enough (without character involvement) and there are a number of problems with it, for example, the inability to move the character and use other abilities).It would be nice if the character was focused on the pet to strengthen it, but was agile and had at least some opportunity for skill.
I have two ideas for changing [Aspect of the Beast].
1) Can remake it to strengthen a pet and character (like a pack instinct) or a group.
2) Can remake it so that it changes the behavior of the character, forbidding him to use any weapon and giving him the ability of a beast/pet (I know this will be a difficult task, possibly impossible) or at least some kind of buff.
Why aren't there any items to enhance the pet? Or maybe make it so that certain item stats, such as "Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects", can buff the pet in a certain talent.
Strangely, "Increases the damage and healing dealt by magic spells and effects" has no effect on traps.

And also, why not give [Aspect of the Beast] a soft landing. After all, it's a cat (on the icon).

In general, I would like to say that I would like to see the possibility of wider animal husbandry. Something like a mage, for pets.

Ulukay

Re: Hunter changes.

Post by Ulukay » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:04 pm

I think it is possible to make [Scatter Shot] an ability, but so that the disorientation effect can be obtained through the talent.

Thelleria

Post by Thelleria » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 pm

I personally have a little problem with pet pathfinding. When I did my first MC on the server (that was also my first time doing a raid on hunter classic era) I was walking alongside my raid and pet at the cliffside to to the smal path above Golemagg. Once we pulled the next trash group I noticed that my pet was not next to me. Once I locked back I saw it running far behind close to another player and the mob group close to it. I did not see if my pet was the one adding them, but I guess it is safe to asume it did. Ever since I am kind of shy to put out my pet in the raids.

And since there is nothing to boost damage when there is no pet around, it is kind of a disadvantage.

I'd also love to have additional stabel slots to store more pets.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:57 am

Thelleria wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 pm
I personally have a little problem with pet pathfinding. When I did my first MC on the server (that was also my first time doing a raid on hunter classic era) I was walking alongside my raid and pet at the cliffside to to the smal path above Golemagg. Once we pulled the next trash group I noticed that my pet was not next to me. Once I locked back I saw it running far behind close to another player and the mob group close to it. I did not see if my pet was the one adding them, but I guess it is safe to asume it did. Ever since I am kind of shy to put out my pet in the raids.

And since there is nothing to boost damage when there is no pet around, it is kind of a disadvantage.

I'd also love to have additional stabel slots to store more pets.
What if they introduced another pet stance called ‘Heel’. So, the pet would act like one of the summonable companions that sticks to you like glue (even when you jump off ledges). Can anyone confirm if one of the summonable companions (e.g a small pet yeti or a parrot) behaves like this?

If this works, I suppose the pet would be untargetable until you give it any command like Attack/Guard/Stay. Perhaps this should replace the existing ‘Passive’ stance.

I think it’s really bad when hunters have to dismiss their pet when scaling various jumps/ledges…

Thelleria

Post by Thelleria » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:10 pm

We were not even jumping off some cliff. If we had done that I'd have put away my pet. We were just walking on an edge. And I did not expect my pet go just go off like that on it's own. Maybe that is just telling how inexpirienced I am as a hunter in classic.

But having a damage buff when not playing wth a pet is also something I'd be glad to have.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:13 pm

I don’t understand why it was necessary to forbid the use of small arms in the [Aspect of the Wolf], I still can’t use it close to the enemy, but I could at least use [Scatter Shot].
Not only is it that [the Aspect of the Wolf] is limited in itself (power growth is noticeable only at the 30th level, but closer to 45m, the increase is not much noticeable), it also turns off a lot of life spaces.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:10 am

I dreamed of a new hunter talent today, [Lightning Storm]. A mark placed on an enemy (similar to [Hunter's Mark]) that deals lightning damage (nature) when a hunter attacks an enemy in melee combat. And just as fiery, on a different level.
Oh dreams..😴

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 am

pls explain to me this. how can hunters pet have the same swimming speed as the aquatic form of druid??? this is not normal. pls change it asap.
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Thelleria

Post by Thelleria » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 pm

Well since the council for class changes seems to be working now, I have a little list:
  • More stable slots
  • Fixed pet pathfinding!
  • A damage buff like the "lone wolf" that adds a damange buff if you play without a pet
  • Bigger quiver and ammunition bag (32 slots) for long raid nights
  • Maybe allowing to place traps in compat if that is not to unbalanced. Might defenetly be useful. Maybe with a longer time to place the trap?
Well I am not that expirienced in Turtle WoW raiding so I do not have any wished in regards to skill changes for the moment.

I personally like the addition of Trueshot, that was not in vanilla as far as I can recall. In Vanilla you were bound to Aimed Shot and it's 3sec casttime so only slow weapons were playable. Trueshot therefor adds a lot for faster weapons.

Also having the Trueshot Aura permanent is a change I loved! I was always forgetting to recast it and all Auras were permanent in WarCraft III anyway.

So I think the team has a good track record so far and I hope for the best in the future smiling_turtle

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:11 am

As for me, Trueshot is completely useless - an extra waste of mana, with a tiny damage increase.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:59 pm

Ulukay wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:11 am
As for me, Trueshot is completely useless - an extra waste of mana, with a tiny damage increase.
So you are wasted hunter from memes.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sat May 25, 2024 7:11 am

Please make throwable weapons usable in the melee zone. But you can reduce its range, for example, 0-8.
In connection with the change in throwing weapons, this would be useful.
And also, it was possible to make it possible to use [Distracting Shot] with throwing weapons or something else. satisfied_turtle_head

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:38 am

Also, can try to slightly change or add additional levels to the skill [Wing Clipping] so that it does a little more damage? 5 on the first and 25 on the second is few, very little, for a large amount of mana. Yes, I use this skill to deal extra melee damage.
Last edited by Ulukay on Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:34 am

Ulukay wrote:
Smartest melee hunter

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:57 pm

Ulukay wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:10 am
I dreamed of a new shaman talent today, [Lightning Storm]. A mark placed on an enemy that deals lightning damage (nature) when a shaman attacks an enemy in melee combat. And just as fiery, on a different level.
Oh dreams..😴
Fixed turtle_tongue_head

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:02 pm

Ulukay wrote:
Y'know, when I was young(er) there's this thing my dad's told me a few times.

He said- "Son. You may not be the stupidest son of a bitch on this earth, but you better hope that guy doesn't die. 'Cause then you would be."

Please don't die, Ulukay.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:31 pm

Borefficz wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:34 am
Smartest melee hunter
In general, I don't use only melee. I use different variations, depending on the situations, but mostly melee. But I really don't like the fact that I can't use small arms or throwing weapons, together with the wolf aspect. It constantly has to be turned off, and then turned on again, which consumes a lot of mana and it is very inconvenient.

Calli

Post by Calli » Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:50 pm

Melee weave could be easily re-introduced. Your arcane shots/pet have a small chance to cause a mark on the enemy for 5 seconds (target/pet becomes red or orange or sparkles to signal that visually)that increases your next melee swing damage by 100% and places a debuff on the target that increases all damage by 5% for 10-20 seconds. So when it happens you run in like crazy, hit the target and run back and continue shooting. But hunter going melee all the time like a rogue? No, that is bad and should not ever happen. It is against the core philosophy of the class.