Limited Recipes

Sheed90

Limited Recipes

Post by Sheed90 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:32 am

Since over a week now I try to get the recipe of Thorium Widges from two of the three vendors:

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=61439 (Bimock Sparkbrake <Engineering Supplies>)
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=5175 (Gearcutter Cogspinner <Engineering Supplies>)

But it is never available. In the most of time there're camping players from chineese guilds.
Looks like this:

It is also not available in the auction house. Or at a very high price.

Is it realy needed to limit those standard recipes? That gives players the opportunity to create an artificial shortage and block other players.

Guild mates also told me that this is similar with other limited vendor recipes.

Nib42

Re: Limited Recipes

Post by Nib42 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:10 pm

Everlook engineer schematic npc is also camped 24/7 by chinese lvl 60's.

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Same to the engineer schematic npc in Booty Bay...

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:35 pm

I think we should make most of these recipes bop or increase the restock frequency.

That being said, it's not just a Chinese thing. This was a problem way before the Chinese influx. The 60s camping might just be waiting for the recipe like you. I've been guilty of this when leveling professions.

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:44 pm

Another day, another camper:

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:15 pm

I think this one is doable. Yesterday my Engineering alt finally hit that skill range and so I tried to get the recipe. Took me about half a day of occasionally checking the vendors for a few minutes. They are camped as hell, 2-3 people waiting at each, but I could eventually pick up the Widget schematic. It's a bit daunting when the level 1 camping has "Widget" in the name, but using some alts myself so I could check all three vendors without travel times I was able to get it within what I consider a reasonable time.

Now Truesilver Transformers I'm having a lot less hope xD That one is like Undermine Clam Chowder - single neutral vendor in the entire world. The Chowder took me almost two months of occasional checking to pick up... Haven't even looked at the Everlook stuff. Oh well...

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:51 pm

Elesion wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:15 pm
Undermine Clam Chowder - single neutral vendor in the entire world. The Chowder took me almost two months of occasional checking to pick up... Haven't even looked at the Everlook stuff. Oh well...
You got it after 2 months? I gave up after like 3 or 4 weeks. And that was like 18 months ago. Lol.

Honestly they should increase the amount of vendors with each recipe, make more recipes bop, and increase the frequency of the limited spawn ones.

I'm so sick of the classic meta that has developed on twow.

Blapeuh

Post by Blapeuh » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:36 am

@Sheed90

Thank you for reacting to my comment viewtopic.php?p=83626#p83626.
Having red your topic and seeing the consensus around this subject.
I surely hope it will reach Torta so a resolute solution can be found and implemented.

Streamlining the fun of play should be a priority (in my honest opinion).
I'm very much interested to know the opinions of people in the dev team about this :)

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:36 pm

Yes absolutely! Me too. :-)