Please make Aimed shot worth using

Gaap6969

Please make Aimed shot worth using

Post by Gaap6969 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:49 pm

It is really cool to get new abilities like Trueshot etc. The problem is that Trueshot is so good that Aimed shot isnt worth using. What ends up happening is that instead of adding something to the rotation, you just spam Trueshot and cast multi-shot in cd. The rotation ends up being as boring as in og vanilla and thats really too bad considering that the rotation could be much better if only Aimed shot was worth using.

Anyone else feel the same? I'd love it if Turtle added even more abilities as it really makes the game more fun imo.

Love the server btw and just want it to be the best it can be.

Juzam

Re: Please make Aimed shot worth using

Post by Juzam » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:56 am

Getting rid of Aimed shot in PVE rotation is the best thing who could have happened.

AS force you to use super slow weapons to get the best dps even if faster weapons with better dps are available.

In Twow, it would prevent the use of haste items or fast weapons to get more Improved aspects of the Hawk procs.

Aimed shot is now an opener just like Ambush which is fine.

The other direction Twow could have taken to revamp hunter would have been, instead of adding trueshot, to make stings and traps scale on AP (or RAP) and arcane shot based on weapon damage normalised at 2.8 (which also would have helped hunter in pvp because hunter is the worst ranged class regarding to the ability of doing damage while moving, others have much better instants or dots to apply while moving).

But they choosed Trueshot, and it work great for PVE.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:31 am

I think the hunters rotation at the moment leaves a lot to be desired. Adding trueshot was a good move, but its so good it pushed aimed shot out of the rotation. Aimed shot is an ability that demands to be used skillfully (not cast it when you are about to get hit by aoe, watch the swingtimer etc) and is a huge dopamine spike. It being not worth using is really sad.

It also doesn't function as an opener, or rather hunter has no use for openers in such a reagard. Since your target in PvP will get you as their target if you start casting on them from an unexpected angle. While in PvE the threatspike is undesirable to the point of just sending in the pet and starting to shoot is preferable 99% of the time.

Ranged attackspeed haste also improves the cast time of Aimed shot, The haste argument is mute.

But Trueshot does make fast weapons a bit more enticing to play with (even tho i still don't think they outperform slow ones). Which is overall a welcome change.
Its a tough one to fix. Nerfing Trueshot to give aimed room is just nerfing hunter so one ability gets to shine again. Which i don't think is necessarily a good choice either.

Juzam

Post by Juzam » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:40 pm

Atreidon wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:31 am
I think the hunters rotation at the moment leaves a lot to be desired. Adding trueshot was a good move, but its so good it pushed aimed shot out of the rotation. Aimed shot is an ability that demands to be used skillfully (not cast it when you are about to get hit by aoe, watch the swingtimer etc) and is a huge dopamine spike. It being not worth using is really sad.
Trueshot ask for the same, you also need to watch the swingtimer, not cast it when you are about to get hit by aoe, etc.
It also doesn't function as an opener, or rather hunter has no use for openers in such a reagard. Since your target in PvP will get you as their target if you start casting on them from an unexpected angle. While in PvE the threatspike is undesirable to the point of just sending in the pet and starting to shoot is preferable 99% of the time.
There is still lot of use, Opening against strong elites you kite, extra aggro allow you to send your pet not risking he take aggro back when you run, and ofc opening after a frost trap or a scatter shot, etc.

I totally agree with you about PvP, if you managed to use environment properly and get unnoticed by an ennemy, when you aim at him, he should not immediately get you on target. While it's understandable it work like that for a spell cast, because it's an incantation, make noise, etc, it should never be the case when aiming with a ranged weapon, Changing that would be very welcome for Aimed shot.
Ranged attackspeed haste also improves the cast time of Aimed shot, The haste argument is mute.
The main source of ranged attack speed for hunter is the quiver, and it doesn't improve aimed shot cast time at all.
But Trueshot does make fast weapons a bit more enticing to play with (even tho i still don't think they outperform slow ones). Which is overall a welcome change.
Its a tough one to fix. Nerfing Trueshot to give aimed room is just nerfing hunter so one ability gets to shine again. Which i don't think is necessarily a good choice either.
When weapon dps is close, fastest weapon tend to outperform slow ones. Not for superfast weapons like pvp bow 1.8 or 1.6 epic bow because you'll clip your autoshot when you use trueshot, but for weapons resulting in an regular attack speed around 1.8 to 2.3 (once taken into account haste on stuff and quiver), which is attainable with weapons between 2.0 and 3.0 depending the amount of attack speed on your gear.

Because those weapons will not clip or only clip under both rapid fire and improved aspect of the hawk proc. And attacking faster also means having more aspects procs, leading to shooting even faster. and shooting faster not only increase our auto shot dps but also trueshot one if you use 1 trueshot after each autoshot.

Gxmaki1

Post by Gxmaki1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:33 pm

My suggestion is to change it to an instant skill, but it can only be used during the kill phase