Winds of Discovery — the 20% and 50% EXP events!

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Winds of Discovery — the 20% and 50% EXP events!

Post by Torta » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:43 pm

Dracarusggotham

Re: Winds of Discovery — the 20% and 50% EXP events!

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:47 pm

If I already passed the lvl 20 I will receive the gift? or it's only for reaching lvl 20?

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:25 pm

Discovery?
Will we see runes for shaman tank?

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:29 pm

The name "Winds of Discovery" is weird to be honest. Increased experience rates had always caused me to skip more zones because I was leveling up very fast. I didn't need to move to another zone with similar level-range because completing full zone gave me enough experience. And discovering zones with gray quests/mobs seems to be a bit boring. So the experience rates actually limit discovery, you will visit less zones and subzones along your faster journey to level 60.

Will be any way to turn off increased experience rates?
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:35 pm

This is a bad decision imo.

Just like I thought the PvP server was, and look where that has ended up. When will the Devs start listening to the players.

Hopefully this isn't forced and optional at least...

It seems like a desperate attempt to try fix the dead pvp sever and pull people away from SoD... Which won't work.

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 pm

Somehow these bonuses do not fit with the logic of slowly exploration of the world in the lauch trailer

May be for PvP realm... But not for RPPvE realm.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:17 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:47 pm
If I already passed the lvl 20 I will receive the gift? or it's only for reaching lvl 20?
Fresh characters hitting 20, however all qualify for bonus exp.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:18 pm

Adding a XP bonus to Tel'abim is just a band-aid fix. Making actual content for Tel'abim such as actual class changes and custom PvP objectives with a similar PvP system to TBC will keep people around instead of waiting for updates from the PvE server.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Boyo - Goblin Warrior 60

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:11 pm

Fizzler wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:18 pm
Adding a XP bonus to Tel'abim is just a band-aid fix. Making actual content for Tel'abim such as actual class changes and custom PvP objectives with a similar PvP system to TBC will keep people around instead of waiting for updates from the PvE server.
We aren't exactly all relaxed and cluelessly sipping cocktails here, and things in the development cycle take actual time. You've been spreading negativity and disdain all around the forums and I suggest you fix this before reaching the limit of our patience.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:20 pm

Fizzler wrote:
I mean... yeah? It's to help new players not feel left behind and enable people who are interested in trying out Turtle.

We've already announced custom PvP objects, PvP system changes, and class changes.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:29 pm

Fizzler wrote:
Bro, calm down and eat a Snickers.
TWoW is a PvE Server, the PvP was only for fulfill the demand on some sector of players who spammed and cryied everywhere for a PvP Server.
Let the devs first publish the patch for the PvE Server, the MAIN server, and then let them fix all the things for the PvP.
TWoW is a PvE-RP server centerd in story, dungeons, new zones and characters, no the simple and boring PvP.
Good night.

Whitewolf76239

Post by Whitewolf76239 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:43 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:35 pm
This is a bad decision imo.

Just like I thought the PvP server was, and look where that has ended up. When will the Devs start listening to the players.

Hopefully this isn't forced and optional at least...

It seems like a desperate attempt to try fix the dead pvp sever and pull people away from SoD... Which won't work.
my god will you people ever shut up? complaining and whining on a free server is all it ever is.

Ultizers

Post by Ultizers » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 pm

I still think it's a good idea to just merge the PVP server back to the main server and add rewards for war mode at level 60 and add more PVP events. Splitting up the community to pander to the fresh chasers was a mistake imo. A good chunk of them jumped to SOD/Onyxia etc to get their new fix as they do. The 50% bonus band aid is just insane, getting into fun server territory with super fast leveling.

I think if TWoW gets over 10k players and queues again on the western side, then open up a second/PVP realm.
Last edited by Ultizers on Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whitewolf76239

Post by Whitewolf76239 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:45 pm

Elisleris wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 pm
Somehow these bonuses do not fit with the logic of slowly exploration of the world in the lauch trailer

May be for PvP realm... But not for RPPvE realm.
that video is from 2018, when Turtlewow was 0.5x rates...

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 pm

is it worth leveling an alt for the gift? Or is it just normal stuff like 14 slot bags?

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:14 am

Ultizers wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 pm
I still think it's a good idea to just merge the PVP server back to the main server and add rewards for war mode at level 60 and add more PVP events. Splitting up the community to pander to the fresh chasers was a mistake imo. A good chunk of them jumped to SOD/Onyxia etc to get their new fix as they do. The 50% bonus band aid is just insane, getting into fun server territory with super fast leveling.

I think if TWoW gets over 10k players and queues again on the western side, then open up a second/PVP realm.
Worst take, dont listen to him
The people playing pvp love it; it will grow in time …let us be
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:28 am

I love It!

There are always people complaining about anything. I have already leveled up too many characters to enjoy the level as before, will the experience buff be active with the release of the patch? If so, how long will it last?

Koronisz

Post by Koronisz » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:58 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:11 pm
Fizzler wrote:
We aren't exactly all relaxed and cluelessly sipping cocktails here, and things in the development cycle take actual time. You've been spreading negativity and disdain all around the forums and I suggest you fix this before reaching the limit of our patience.
holy based

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:15 am

Anadrol wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:28 am
I love It!

There are always people complaining about anything. I have already leveled up too many characters to enjoy the level as before, will the experience buff be active with the release of the patch? If so, how long will it last?
Their announcement says until 6th Jan

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:22 am

Jc473 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:15 am
Anadrol wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:28 am
I love It!

Their announcement says until 6th Jan
True, Ty :)

Neox2

Post by Neox2 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:27 am

What do you guys think the lvl 20 gift will be!? I hope it is a mount or something.

Oderic

Post by Oderic » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:18 am

sorry if this was answered somewhere, but is there a way to disable the exp boost of this event?

Drenari

Post by Drenari » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:53 am

I look for winds of discovery to appear on the faces of those in the elevator after silently letting one rip. hiding_smth_turtle_head

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:52 am

It almost sounds like Season of Discovery. 🙂

Vyntoras

Post by Vyntoras » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 am

Hey, so, I've seen a lot of uncertainty since it isn't stated anywhere.

Is the boost 1-20 or 1-60?

Nisro85

Post by Nisro85 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:54 am

I am very excited about this. I don't understand the negativity.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:04 pm

Vyntoras wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 am
Hey, so, I've seen a lot of uncertainty since it isn't stated anywhere.

Is the boost 1-20 or 1-60?
It will apply to all characters (existing or new) at any level. I saw a comment from Akalix which confirmed this.

Deadlyshadows

Post by Deadlyshadows » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:51 pm

Gift is a Tabard :-)

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:56 pm

Deadlyshadows wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:51 pm
Gift is a Tabard :-)
players after discovering this.

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:56 pm

Korval1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:52 am
It almost sounds like Season of Discovery. 🙂
More like "don't worry son, we have season of discovery at home"

Larrycowson

Post by Larrycowson » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:27 am

Torta throwing out a veiled threat at Fizzler for a legitimate criticism is pretty iconic tbh and only gives further negative PR.

Personally though, I think this event is great and SOD is trash, and as a pve player I'm enjoying the turtle realm and its updates, but I do feel for the pvp players and hope the extra 20% honor helps em out until the next pvp update.

It is kinda funny to me though the pvp players demanded a pvp realm and don't actually like what they have now that they have it. Maybe the world pvp isn't as fun as they thought it was when put on a level playing field with other pvp players. The progression just isn't that fun in vanilla and you're better off piping in pve gear

Terras

Post by Terras » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:41 pm

Larrycowson wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:27 am
Torta throwing out a veiled threat at Fizzler for a legitimate criticism is pretty iconic tbh and only gives further negative PR.
I can't say it was veiled. Seems like Fizzler has hit nerve on a group of people that are already overworked and under paid. That being said, I agree that as the lead on this Torta could have responded better and I can't say that Fizzler only posts negative things. I don't know how he behaves in game or on the discord (I'm not on there much) but that was a little rough boss @Torta.

Analove

Post by Analove » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:18 am

Great job ruining what worked not perfectly fine, but good enough. For the sake of forced EXP that nobody asked for. Whatever direction dev team is taking IT"S WRONG. I can't fkin launch the game every since this update came out. I downloaded client for the 2nd time now and still nothing happened. What are you doing TW? Why are you doing this? Who asked you to do that? I understand when there is a big patch with novelties and it takes some pain in the arse for few weeks, but all this bullshit for extra exp that I am intentionally cutting by the glyphs? Like, really turtle wow? Is that what you want?? unhappy_turtle

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:50 am

Analove wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:18 am
Great job ruining what worked not perfectly fine, but good enough. For the sake of forced EXP that nobody asked for. Whatever direction dev team is taking IT"S WRONG. I can't fkin launch the game every since this update came out. I downloaded client for the 2nd time now and still nothing happened. What are you doing TW? Why are you doing this? Who asked you to do that? I understand when there is a big patch with novelties and it takes some pain in the arse for few weeks, but all this bullshit for extra exp that I am intentionally cutting by the glyphs? Like, really turtle wow? Is that what you want?? unhappy_turtle
I recommend asking for help in the Discord server ('support' channel). A lot of helpful people will gladly assist with technical difficulties.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:49 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:43 pm
This wont save the server!

Work on the balancing or at least say that you do it in the future!!

Players have already left because of this!