Remove Dated from The Icy Menace quest

Shootrlootr

Remove Dated from The Icy Menace quest

Post by Shootrlootr » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:48 pm

Dated is actively working to make this quest as miserable as possible and is constantly antagonizing players that are trying to complete the quest. He hides in stealth, misleads people, goes out of bounds, and sits under the ocean for the sole purpose of wasting people's time. With such lines as:
"I love logging off when an entire raid party of 40 forms to find me" and
"Just quit and send me all of your gold"

This person should not be a part of this event. If actively working to stop hundreds of people from completing a quest is considered griefing, then Dated is one of the most egregious griefers on the server.

Tendies

Re: Remove Dated from The Icy Menace quest

Post by Tendies » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:53 pm

Never choose a druid or a rogue for this quest.

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:40 am

The amount of crying from people unable to find Dated is just funny

I found him quickly within seconds.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Dated

Post by Dated » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:46 am

yo this guy is based.
I FUCKING love turtlewow. i play this game 21 hours a day with 2 hours to sleep and even when i do sleep i wake up SHAKING in a cold sweat wanting to play turtlewow. im PHYSICALLY ill when im not playing turtlewow. this is what i call DEDICATION!! -Dated

Shootrlootr

Post by Shootrlootr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:07 am

Ah yes Mr. "I just so happened upon Dated so I dont see why you had a problem with it." Thank you for your input.

Dated

Post by Dated » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:10 am

you're aware i gaslight right? you got /who /target and minimap target ping, if you think its personal its not. once i'm found once depending on if its a group or not i let them snowball me then i move. when im moving to my next spot its a chase anyone who can snowball me imbetween gets it but im also using avoid methods. Buy some swimming gear for the ocean treads the only time i sat at the middle of the ocean is when i went to the banana on tel'abims minimap. :D
I FUCKING love turtlewow. i play this game 21 hours a day with 2 hours to sleep and even when i do sleep i wake up SHAKING in a cold sweat wanting to play turtlewow. im PHYSICALLY ill when im not playing turtlewow. this is what i call DEDICATION!! -Dated

Shootrlootr

Post by Shootrlootr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:17 am

Ah yes "Don't worry I'm a good guy. I just gaslight everyone"

I wasnt in a group and you stealthed and ported away from me. So dont give me any of that shit.

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:50 am

skill issue sadly

Luigihomaforum

Post by Luigihomaforum » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:52 am

Just dont use an attention seeker for your christmas quest next time.
Last edited by Luigihomaforum on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dated

Post by Dated » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:05 am

bro fr skill issuse with that one.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:29 am

Shootrlootr wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:48 pm
Dated is actively working to make this quest as miserable as possible and is constantly antagonizing players that are trying to complete the quest. He hides in stealth, misleads people, goes out of bounds, and sits under the ocean for the sole purpose of wasting people's time. With such lines as:
"I love logging off when an entire raid party of 40 forms to find me" and
"Just quit and send me all of your gold"

This person should not be a part of this event. If actively working to stop hundreds of people from completing a quest is considered griefing, then Dated is one of the most egregious griefers on the server.
I didn't like dated until now

Artashir

Post by Artashir » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:43 am

So the guild who run AQ 40 can snowball him , but for the rest player go- chase the wind. I call that corruption and trade with influence.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:48 am

Dated is the best part of the quest.
I mean, that's the point of that type of event quest, you have the oportunity to interact with the staff.
-Akalix
-Vrograg
-Shockwarden
where easy to found.
But dated took me like a day and half, even camped him when he went offline in Zoram Strand yesterday.
And the main point, the quest is not a main quest, don't give you a blue or purple item, it's only a pet and a toy, if that quest where only "Go to a place and bring me five poop of Santa Claus" will be boring, so Dated, if you read this...KEEP HIDING AND LET THE PEOPLE KNOW THE MEAN OF EFFORT IN VANILLA WOW.

Shootrlootr

Post by Shootrlootr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:57 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:48 am
I mean, that's the point of that type of event quest, you have the oportunity to interact with the staff.
-Akalix
-Vrograg
-Shockwarden
where easy to found.
But dated took me like a day and half, even camped him when he went offline in Zoram Strand yesterday.
And the main point, the quest is not a main quest, don't give you a blue or purple item, it's only a pet and a toy, if that quest where only "Go to a place and bring me five poop of Santa Claus" will be boring, so Dated, if you read this...KEEP HIDING AND LET THE PEOPLE KNOW THE MEAN OF EFFORT IN VANILLA WOW.
The dude is actively going places that people shouldnt be able to get (such as under Orgrimmar) and making fun of the people who try to get to him. I'm sorry but camping an offline player for an indeterminate amount of time isnt "the effort of vanilla wow" that's just terrible tedium. If Dated wants to hide out in a hard to find spot and give clues to his whereabouts that's cool, but don't go stealthing and teleporting away from people for 5 hours and waste everyones time, all the while laughing at them.

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:01 am

Shootrlootr wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:57 am
Dracarusggotham wrote:
-Akalix
-Vrograg
-Shockwarden
where easy to found.
The dude is actively going places that people shouldnt be able to get (such as under Orgrimmar) and making fun of the people who try to get to him. I'm sorry but camping an offline player for an indeterminate amount of time isnt "the effort of vanilla wow" that's just terrible tedium. If Dated wants to hide out in a hard to find spot and give clues to his whereabouts that's cool, but don't go stealthing and teleporting away from people for 5 hours and waste everyones time, all the while laughing at them.

Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:10 am

Shootrlootr wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:57 am
Dracarusggotham wrote:
-Akalix
-Vrograg
-Shockwarden
where easy to found.
Well, the guy has entire raids behind him...
So, I guess it's not too hard, and after all, he is not doing bad things, it's only a bit troll but after all, it's a good way to interact with the staff.
And as I said, it's an optional quest, not a main quest, the rewards are only a pet (useless in this server cause the pet battles are absent) and a toy...it's literally only a Christmass Tree toy.
Yeah, it's a bit annoying, but after all, you choose to do this optional quest.

Tinyaho

Post by Tinyaho » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:27 am

Agreed,Dated ruined this quest, and make it boring.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:51 am

Either play by his rules or don't do the quest. There's plenty of other quests to do

Ataika
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ataika » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:00 am

I second that, the guy is a wierdo.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:38 am

Well, he made this quest annoying. It's already took ~30-60m to get others and you need to do it while they are online bu spending hours to get such reward - well it's cut every casual players who are spending 1-3h at evening.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:17 am

Disagree. He’s making the quest fun by adding challenge and sport to it. Quests that are just easy gimmes are boring.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:42 pm

Dated wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:46 am
yo this guy is based.
I FUCKING love Dated. I play Turtle WoW 21 hours a day with 2 hours of sleep hoping to see Dated and even when I do sleep I wake up SHAKING in a cold sweat wanting to play Turtle WoW with Dated. I am PHYSICALLY ILL when I'm not with Dated. This is what I call DATEDICATION!!!
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:12 pm

Based dated
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Veeco

Post by Veeco » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:29 pm

I spent way too long yesterday chasing Dated through Ashenvale and Azshara then when I got close to him, after outplaying his run-away strat, he just stealthed and ran. Then his little lackey, Coldmirror just ports him away to UC. So once again the chase was on to play his dumbass game in EPL, where once again I outplayed his run-away strat, but this time I GOT HIS ASS!!!

As annoyed I was for that 45 min or so, it was so rewarding to tag him!

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Based Dated skill filtering scrubs.

Dated

Post by Dated » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:40 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
-Akalix
-Vrograg
-Shockwarden
where easy to found.
we keepin the thief train going baby.

Dated

Post by Dated » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:43 pm

Artashir wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:43 am
So the guild who run AQ 40 can snowball him , but for the rest player go- chase the wind. I call that corruption and trade with influence.
Oh no, my guild that i put together and raid with can snowball me when i show up to raids i schedule crying_turtle crying_turtle crying_turtle

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:47 pm

Dated wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:40 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
-Akalix
-Vrograg
-Shockwarden
where easy to found.
we keepin the thief train going baby.
For make the people rage, there's a couple of places in the Wetlands for hide.
Only swim in the shores and you will find it, there are a lot of empty small shores with trees.
I'm surprised about the amount of empty places that WoW Vanilla have, even with trees, taking in mind you never go there for questing or exploration.

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:10 pm

Breaking news: hundreds of people have fell ill to a fatal disease because they were unable to complete a seasonal quest on a bootleg world of warcraft server

maybe you'll find Dated if you go outside your house so just cope and go touch grass

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:56 pm

Dated wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:46 am
yo this guy is based.
Personally, i want to thank you!!!
By far the best event i have participated!
F the crybabies, they have no clue~
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Atroxan

Post by Atroxan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:50 pm

/popcorn

Vision0228

Post by Vision0228 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:46 pm

I just remember I saw him the other day, but before I could throw snowball at him, he quickly went into stealth and I could never find him after that, I could only see him /spit at me in the chat window.
I mean if u can call that fun.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:13 pm

Well, I'd suggest next time talking with persons prior put em in this quest - mb they are pla to not play for following weeks or mb somethings wrongs with a person.

Vision0228

Post by Vision0228 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:47 pm

He's finally removed.
I guess he's not that important as he thought he was.
Served him right.