Bad behavior in Dungeon finder

Nablatidis

Bad behavior in Dungeon finder

Post by Nablatidis » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:11 pm

Hi,

Are there more people tired of assholes getting away with shitty behavior in dungeons without any repercussions?
Example below by the paladin Demacia and the group I got paired with in dungeon finder.

And then I was kicked before it had even started. After I spent time queuing and getting to the dungeon. I tried reporting it but it got nowhere. Maybe this isn't against the servers TOS, but there has to be something that can be done to keep people from toxic behavior like this.

The easy fix is what Blizzard has had in their dungeon finder from the start: no leader and a voting system if people feel they need to kick someone. Abuse like this I've seen happen several times during my short stay here, while it's practically impossble in blizzards system.

Or how about a karma type council/ court system consisting of player volunteers or GMs. Where people get marks/strikes with a potential ban if you keep up poor behavior. Possibly banning you from dungeon finder.

And before people say "just play with people you know". That doesn't really fix the problem as the asshats stay and respectful people leave.

Bigsmerf

Re: Bad behavior in Dungeon finder

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:03 pm

What the actual fuck. People do this? What kind of goobie snoobert queues up for a dungeon finder and expects someone who's likely been waiting quite a while to just up and leave or take being kicked without complaint because 'my friend wants to do this.' Absolute neckbeard scum behavior.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:17 pm

greetings, today you have learned that Hard Knocks Society is a guild full of twats

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:35 pm

Typical Classic chad behavior. What a dick thing to do.

If that person has more toons that reads this, please post your other characters names here so I know to avoid you.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:54 pm

Admins can't force people to be good and decent.

Only the players who enable this sort of behavior can.

Better to just leave the situation then deal with whatever other BS comes up when it's time to deal with loot.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:59 pm

Yeah, Demacia acted like an asshole.

Though your suggestions are mind blowing to me and only show you have no idea about their consequences.
Nablatidis wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:11 pm
I tried reporting it but it got nowhere. Maybe this isn't against the servers TOS, but there has to be something that can be done to keep people from toxic behavior like this.
Nablatidis wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:11 pm
Or how about a karma type council/ court system consisting of player volunteers or GMs. Where people get marks/strikes with a potential ban if you keep up poor behavior. Possibly banning you from dungeon finder.
This is MMO. This is a world, just virtual. People like Demacia exist and yes, they are dicks. But it's their freedom to act like this, it's their own decision to be a dick. Acting like this they accept the consequences of their bad behaviour. You revealed what he has done, it's fine.
But it doesn't change the fact that any devs or other council has no right to punish them by ban. Simply because if Turtle devs add such rule, sooner or later the server will become arbitrary, corrupted and it will lead to GM's power abuse. This will not only potentially hurt players who did nothing wrong but also will lead to bad reviews, opinions of the server and paradoxically it will only awake toxic behaviour within our community. Just watch how toxic are the servers that ban people for acting like this. Technically, Demacia did nothing wrong - he kicked you out of the group and whole conversation was private in group. He is asshole but he doesn't deserve any authority punishment.

I feel a bit embarrassed I have to explain such obvious things as if I were talking to a child. Well, PEGI says World of Warcraft can be played by children above 12 years old. Maybe it's not bad to have fresh blood in WoW community after all. turtle_tongue_head
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Jan125

Post by Jan125 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:05 pm

LFT works by sending chat messages.
You can avoid grouping with people by /ignore-ing them.
As soon as a tank sees he's getting ignored, he will probably do the same to you and you will never see each other again. Probably.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:21 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:17 pm
greetings, today you have learned that Hard Knocks Society is a guild full of twats
My friend told me they accept ninja looters. But it was maybe one year ago.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Nablatidis

Post by Nablatidis » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:59 pm
Yeah, Demacia acted like an asshole....
Demacia...is that you? :)
Not gonna be bated in to that childish way of arguing. What I suggests has worked for Wow for atleast 10 years and it would as such most likely work here as well. I think Blizz knows you can't get rid of asshole. But I think they did a decent job in mitigating the effect assholes can have.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:23 pm

Nablatidis wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:57 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Yeah, Demacia acted like an asshole....
Demacia...is that you? :)
Not gonna be bated in to that childish way of arguing. What I suggests has worked for Wow for atleast 10 years and it would as such most likely work here as well. I think Blizz knows you can't get rid of asshole. But I think they did a decent job in mitigating the effect assholes can have.
Yeah, you've got me. I'd been waiting in panic for the moment when the person I kicked out of the group would talk about me on the forum. xD
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Spot
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Spot » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:52 am

I've never partied with Demacia, and because of these posts here.. I never will. Thank you community for the heads up.

Dinoriel

Post by Dinoriel » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:22 pm

On the bright side, getting kicked from a group like that means you are no longer contributing to them getting XP and loot. Sure, someone else will, but at least you didn't waste any more time with that party.

As soon as the rolling for a spot bs would pop up, I probably would have left the group myself. They can have fun waiting an hour for another healer to show up.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:22 am

Dinoriel wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:22 pm
On the bright side, getting kicked from a group like that means you are no longer contributing to them getting XP and loot. Sure, someone else will, but at least you didn't waste any more time with that party.

As soon as the rolling for a spot bs would pop up, I probably would have left the group myself. They can have fun waiting an hour for another healer to show up.
Y'know, I don't have much to say to that aside from

B a s e d

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:59 pm

We need the dungeon desertion curse.
Maybe we can make a Topic with the name of race, name and faction and make them public, with that the people can avoid playing with them.
Even we can add the guild, and with that, the entire guild will be marked.

The users can be the Tirisfal Council of Turtle WoW.

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:15 pm

Lmao it's the wording of Demacia that makes it so bad.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:15 pm

Just realized everyone left the party in that last screenshot and got a good chuckle out of that. Couldn't imagine the reaction that goof had when things didn't go his way.

Trojjie1

Post by Trojjie1 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:31 pm

I think the most elegant solution is everyone /ignore demacia.

Not only can this be used to ensure karma exists on turtlewow, he will be unable to join majority of lft groups, plus it will send a message out to other's that there are repercussions to treating peope this way.

Mundane

Post by Mundane » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:48 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:15 pm
Just realized everyone left the party in that last screenshot and got a good chuckle out of that. Couldn't imagine the reaction that goof had when things didn't go his way.
Possibly that's the system messages you get when you are removed from LFT group.

Dudeface

Post by Dudeface » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:59 am

Zvyrhol wrote:

This isn't America, keep your infantile 'freedom' chanting to yourself.

Zvyrhol

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:07 am

Dudeface wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:59 am
Zvyrhol wrote:

This isn't America, keep your infantile 'freedom' chanting to yourself.
I'm not even American nor I do live in there.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041