Silvermoon as a Raid?

Meatshield7

Silvermoon as a Raid?

Post by Meatshield7 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm still new to TurtleWoW but so far I'm loving the experience. I thought I'd pitch an idea to the devs. Any thoughts of turning Silvermoon City into a raid, with Eversong Woods being contested territory with factions for players to grind reputation?

Volkyte

Re: Silvermoon as a Raid?

Post by Volkyte » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 pm

As far as I know silvermoon should be a rubble and nothing more past lich king devastation. The Everson woods should be new elfs 10 level area with questing hubs
Sunwell is dried up in wc3 to resurrect KT. Guess not much is left lore wise for it.

Meatshield7

Post by Meatshield7 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:57 pm

You can have a number of bosses like M'uru, some roided up troll ogre that was experimented on. An giant arcane protector that went crazy. Maybe have a large demon that got summoned by accident.
The Horde & Alliance could have there own starting zones.

This is just me throwing ideas out here.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 pm

What you can do is put Deatholme like TBC and make Darkhan a raid boss.

Meatshield7

Post by Meatshield7 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:07 pm

Or maybe turn Deatholme into a dungeon, with Dar'khan as the end boss?

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:21 pm

I hope that whatever emerges from Quel'thalas will finally have a legendary for Hunters...

Fanatix

Post by Fanatix » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:23 pm

It is a good location but would need world building in addition to raid building which takes up a lot of Ressources. The theme is as good as any.

What new raids I think should focus on tough is less the theme (besides not repeat an existing one) more the gameplay feature.
Time runs in Zul Aman f.ex to this day is are of the most remembered raids for me and I would love to see something similar on turtle Independent of the theme used.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:51 pm

I wanted this for gilneas and silvermoon.

But they should have multiple instances like SM. Gilneas should have had a worgen wing and human wing.

Silvermoon should have a blood elf wing and undead wing.

Looks like in the next patch the 1-10 high elf location will have you fighting blood elves.

Meatshield7

Post by Meatshield7 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:59 pm

Does anyone know how to post pictures on here? I'm trying to insert a few maps I drew.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Meatshield7 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:59 pm
Does anyone know how to post pictures on here? I'm trying to insert a few maps I drew.
What I do is…

Step 1: Upload image to imgur.com
Step 2: Click on image in your list of images uploaded.
Step 3: copy paste BBcode

… I think

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:28 pm

Meatshield7 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:59 pm
Upload them to Google Drive and post the link here, the forum automatically displays the image.

Meatshield7

Post by Meatshield7 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:39 am

Thank you, I'll give that a try because for some odd reason. Imgur.com now wants your phone number and I find that suspicious.

Meatshield7

Post by Meatshield7 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:52 am

Okay these were created before the latest patch, so I made Lor'themar Theron a raid boss because I couldn't think of anyone or anything else. And looking at it now. Lor'themar as a boss would be a bad choice and I'm happy they brought him to the new High-Elf starting zone. I'm sure you guys can think of a better boss than him. The dark green areas are where the undead taint would be.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:43 pm

Meatshield7 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:52 am

Okay these were created before the latest patch, so I made Lor'themar Theron a raid boss because I couldn't think of anyone or anything else. And looking at it now. Lor'themar as a boss would be a bad choice and I'm happy they brought him to the new High-Elf starting zone. I'm sure you guys can think of a better boss than him. The dark green areas are where the undead taint would be.
If you look in the Database you will find a couple of canceled quests that mention Dar'khan Drathir, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to use him as the final boss, after all, the lore says that he was the traitor who sold Quel'thalas to the plague in exchange for immortality.

I can't really think of any bosses for Silvermoon other than him, since there aren't many characters, so maybe if it's not Dar'khan, Turtle will have to create some new character to serve as the final boss for the Raid (if it happens). ends up implementing as Raid).
I don't know if Turtle will eventually include it in the lore in some way.

And yes, I agree with you, leaving Lor'themar as the bad guy would have been a bad idea, since, in retail, Lor'themar is not bad, he was just a victim of the twisted lore that Blizzard gave to the Blood Elves for their eagerness to include them in the Horde at any cost.

Meatshield7

Post by Meatshield7 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:11 am

OMG yes Dar'khan Drathir would be perfect as the end boss. How could I have forgotten him? Thank you.