[Release] A little extra for Female High Elves, Humans, Night Elves

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Re: [Release] A little extra for Female High Elves

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:33 am

I'm watching with concern as this post turns into a hotbed of degeneration.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Bubamasteros

Post by Bubamasteros » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:43 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:33 am
I'm watching with concern as this post turns into a hotbed of degeneration.
Cry about it crying_turtle
Чел... Я баня-бочка.

Nafta

Post by Nafta » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:28 pm

female goblins plzplzplzplz

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:44 pm

Today I've discovered a workflow that's basically better than mine in almost every single way KEKW. Now I'll definitely tinker some more for proper bouncing and such (That is ofc, if no modding chad suddenly materialize out of thin air and drops some giga retroport of hell from retail version or something).

My only character is hardcore high elf mage Watcherself on Turtle WoW. I play occasionally.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:18 pm

Watchers3d wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:44 pm
proper bouncing
I like the sound of that.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:31 am

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:18 pm
Watchers3d wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:44 pm
proper bouncing
I like the sound of that.
turtle_in_love
*wobble wobble*

Watchers3d

Re: [Release] A little extra for Female High Elves, Humans, Night Elves

Post by Watchers3d » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:45 am

I'm quietly dropping an update with female humans and night elves, because HD Mod is not updated yet and because I didn't made everything I wanted to yet. You can grab the new version from the first post in the topic.

Lets call this one a test version. Humans and Helves are in dire need of some deformations in motion, and night elves need a refinement too. Female humans need more elaborate, interesting shapes around chest area. Night Elves body textures has to be corrected. And also a little bit here, a little bit there.

I'll take my vacation until ~Jan. 10, then I'll come back and hopefully introduce the rest around January.

UPD apparently Redmagejoe released an edited Patch-A patch. You can find it in HD Project topic. Download Patch-Z, rename it back to Patch-A, throw it in Data folder and replace an old one. For the most part you'll be set for today.
Last edited by Watchers3d on Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My only character is hardcore high elf mage Watcherself on Turtle WoW. I play occasionally.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:47 am

Watchers3d wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:45 am

I'm quietly dropping an update with female humans and night elves, because HD Mod is not updated yet and because I didn't made everything I wanted to yet. You can grab the new version from the first post in the topic.

Lets call this one a test version. Humans and Helves are in dire need of some deformations in motion, and night elves need a refinement too. Female humans need more elaborate, interesting shapes around chest area. Night Elves body textures has to be corrected. And also a little bit here, a little bit there.

I'll take my vacation until ~Jan. 10, then I'll come back and hopefully introduce the rest around January.

UPD apparently Redmagejoe released an edited Patch-A patch. You can find it in HD Project topic. Download Patch-Z, rename it back to Patch-A, throw it in Data folder and replace an old one. For the most part you'll be set for today.
Thank you very much for the work you have done. Happy New Year!

Medicenplani

Post by Medicenplani » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:11 am

Splendid job, very useful patch, following your career with great interest.

Any chance of adding undead to this already wonderful, modification of the game?

Nib42

Post by Nib42 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:14 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to mod the HD patch to replace the legion human male models with the default vanilla ones?

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 pm

Nib42 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:14 pm
Hello,
Is it possible to mod the HD patch to replace the legion human male models with the default vanilla ones?
Do it yourself. Grab MPQEditor and delete the new model from the respective MPQ. Save. Boom, done.

edit: just be aware that this mod requires HD patch human (and other) models.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:55 pm

Nib42 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:14 pm
Hello,
It's possible but the drawback is there are some npc's that use that skin and deleting some textures will affect npc's in the world. If your willing to tolerate swirl faces on npc's then go for it, delete away!!
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:45 am

Came back just a day go. I'll cook further in regards to this mod in the next days or so. If you spotted some wrongs, holler. I'll fix it.
Medicenplani wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:11 am
Splendid job, very useful patch, following your career with great interest.

Any chance of adding undead to this already wonderful, modification of the game?
I'll take a good shot getting myself an Asian version of WoW. If I get my hands on one, then I think I'll make an undead female.

Glarthir

Post by Glarthir » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 pm

After all these years! Any plans on covering more races?

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:20 am

Glarthir wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 pm
Sure, probably I'll make undead female too. As of today, I have to finish/polish current models. Now I'm working on some jiggle in female human animations. Rear side can be more smooth too.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:01 am

Watchers3d wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:20 am
Glarthir wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 pm
Sure, probably I'll make undead female too. As of today, I have to finish/polish current models. Now I'm working on some jiggle in female human animations. Rear side can be more smooth too.
Still waiting for the update of the HD Project haha maybe I will make my own fix for it.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:34 am

how about tauren and troll

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:01 am
Still waiting for the update of the HD Project haha maybe I will make my own fix for it.
Ye. I have a similar thought about player character textures. But as of today I think I'll hold on to actually add them. Soon, eventually, I think guys from HD Project will add them themselves.
Springboards wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:34 am
how about tauren and troll
Sorry. No such plans for the coming days. I have a little to no interest in trolls and taurens. There are a lot of talented people around Turtle project. I'm sure someone eventually comes up with these races in a similar fashion.

Skilllikewall

Post by Skilllikewall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:17 pm

Hi! can you link blender file?
Or something that working in 3.3.5 client, or atleast 00.skin files?

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:50 pm

Confirmed, Astricon retired from the mod and he will not update it anymore.
I will try updating it by myself, but I can't promise anything.

Caotic

Post by Caotic » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:53 am

do you have any plans for adding horde races to the mod

Ruwall

Post by Ruwall » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:56 am

oh mama, guess i have to try it

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:12 am

Skilllikewall wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:17 pm
Hi! can you link blender file?
Sure. Some day later.
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:50 pm
Do we know what's missing exactly? Maybe we can compare old dbc files with the new ones from patch-Z, make the list out of it and then, fill in the blanks? Or maybe we can ask Redmagejoe for some list like that?
Is it only textures that are missing? The thing is, only one new face variation for any race can be already quite a headache, because of skin color variations. But what's missing is a lot more.
As of today I am on my female human updates. For esoteric reasons, humans gave me quite a fight. Today I am not close to a thought like "my stuff is done, now I can add some textures in". You can try, that would be great, but beware, because this stuff is basically real, but not paid job all right.

You would have to batch process a ton of textures. I used ImageMagick for my batch processing purposes. You can look in to it. It was especially helpful with downsampling algorithm (I think I used Catrom), and when I made faces. There are two textures, the top one and the bottom one. So I took my full faces textures, and cutted pixels from the top, to make the bottom one, and from the bottom, to make a top one.
And Photoshop too. Some stuff like Bakednpctextures, when you have to insert a new face to replace an old one, I don't know how you can do it faster but just drop it in Photoshop. There's also some basic scripting available in Photoshop for batch processing purposes.

And do not use Photoshop for downsampling purposes with default, bicubic interpolation. Take any image and scale it down with bicubic. Half transparent pixels on the borders of the image is an artifact, it is caused by bicubic interpolation method. And those half transparent pixels will affect how textures look in the game. I used Catrom interpolation in ImageMagick for downsampling.
Caotic wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:53 am
do you have any plans for adding horde races to the mod
Greetings. An updated version will release with undead female.
Ruwall wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:56 am
oh mama, guess i have to try it
Sure! If you want to play with this mod today, then you have to download patch-Z from HD Project topic, rename it back to patch-A and throw it in WoW/Data folder along with this patch, patch-F. But be warned, not all textures are in place. It is because the game got recently updated and they added some new ones. Skin colors, face variations, hair colors. Stuff like that.
Last edited by Watchers3d on Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 am

Out of all the horde races why choose undead???

Ruwall

Post by Ruwall » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:57 am

Oh my, very well! :D and thank's for you job and effort on this! beceaus well, to bring mods like this is requiere a bit of job and work, and we are glad people like you do it by reasons of "have fun on the game!" and lest hope all go well with the HD project and of course, all go smooth on you work, modeling is hard i try it my self and went "damn, this is more hard than i think"

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:38 am

Springboards wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 am
Frankenstein’s monster was canonically horny as hell, look at his whole quest for a matching waifu so it tracks in my opinion.

Kondzior
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Kondzior » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:12 pm

Would love that on 335 wotlk :O

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:12 pm

Watchers3d wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:12 am
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Do we know what's missing exactly? Maybe we can compare old dbc files with the new ones from patch-Z, make the list out of it and then, fill in the blanks? Or maybe we can ask Redmagejoe for some list like that?
Is it only textures that are missing? The thing is, only one new face variation for any race can be already quite a headache, because of skin color variations. But what's missing is a lot more.
As of today I am on my female human updates. For esoteric reasons, humans gave me quite a fight. Today I am not close to a thought like "my stuff is done, now I can add some textures in". You can try, that would be great, but beware, because this stuff is basically real, but not paid job all right.

You would have to batch process a ton of textures. I used ImageMagick for my batch processing purposes. You can look in to it. It was especially helpful with downsampling algorithm (I think I used Catrom), and when I made faces. There are two textures, the top one and the bottom one. So I took my full faces textures, and cutted pixels from the top, to make the bottom one, and from the bottom, to make a top one.
And Photoshop too. Some stuff like Bakednpctextures, when you have to insert a new face to replace an old one, I don't know how you can do it faster but just drop it in Photoshop. There's also some basic scripting available in Photoshop for batch processing purposes.

And do not use Photoshop for downsampling purposes with default, bicubic interpolation. Take any image and scale it down with bicubic. Half transparent pixels on the borders of the image is an artifact, it is caused by bicubic interpolation method. And those half transparent pixels will affect how textures look in the game. I used Catrom interpolation in ImageMagick for downsampling.
They are only textures that are missing, in the game they look "Broken" because what it really tries to do is apply the original textures, since the ones used by the HD mod have a different distribution, but, in essence, the only thing you have to do is to take one of the existing "HD" textures, modify it to have the appropriate color, and apply it back to the .MPQ for it to read.
I don't think it's necessary to modify the DBCs, it's just a matter of applying the correct textures.

Only, regarding the Goblins, if that were an understatement, I don't have much idea how to modify the 3D models.

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm

Springboards wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 am
Well. Lets live another day and see what it brings. As of today, I'm on my humans and didn't started any horde race yet (but soon).
Kondzior wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:12 pm
Would love that on 335 wotlk :O
WotLK, being a platform and a center for wow modding as such, already has a lot of talented people and mods around it. I think you can easily find mods such as this one with a similar fashion.
Ruwall wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:57 am
Oh my, very well! :D and thank's for you job and effort on this! beceaus well, to bring mods like this is requiere a bit of job and work, and we are glad people like you do it by reasons of "have fun on the game!" and lest hope all go well with the HD project and of course, all go smooth on you work, modeling is hard i try it my self and went "damn, this is more hard than i think"
Thank you, sir.
Dracarusggotham wrote:
They are only textures that are missing, in the game they look "Broken" because what it really tries to do is apply the original textures, since the ones used by the HD mod have a different distribution, but, in essence, the only thing you have to do is to take one of the existing "HD" textures, modify it to have the appropriate color, and apply it back to the .MPQ for it to read.
I don't think it's necessary to modify the DBCs, it's just a matter of applying the correct textures.

Only, regarding the Goblins, if that were an understatement, I don't have much idea how to modify the 3D models.
Yes. But I don't think you need to modify any existing textures, or at least, not in all cases. You need to retroport from retail. I still have to take a look at these new patch default textures, but I suspect they just made it in a similar fashion to textures, that already exist in hd WoW. I think goblins are easily solvable like that. Look into retail files, maybe they already have more goblin face textures and if so, just retroport it.
Yes, you don't have to modify Patch-Z dbc files. It is done correctly already. But you need to know, what textures are missing exactly.

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:07 pm

Today I was surfing around retail files. Apparently, they made a new dragon race or whoever they are. Basically female humans, at least for a female model, but modified. There was underwear, too. Edited it a little, ported to humans to take a look. And nah. Vanilla wow allowed resolution is miserably low unfortunately. I'll leave default underwear as it is. But I've also noticed that default HD Mod human textures are kind of on a pale side, due to compression and similar reasons. So, I'll add my port to overwrite them probably.

Ruwall

Post by Ruwall » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:52 pm

damn, is look interesting, and yes, the new race are called the Dractyr's, kinda of dragonborn's, both a draconic form and a human one, they look cool :D and to bad the new features of the new race don't match well on the project

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:28 pm

Watchers3d wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:07 pm
Today I was surfing around retail files. Apparently, they made a new dragon race or whoever they are. Basically female humans, at least for a female model, but modified. There was underwear, too. Edited it a little, ported to humans to take a look. And nah. Vanilla wow allowed resolution is miserably low unfortunately. I'll leave default underwear as it is. But I've also noticed that default HD Mod human textures are kind of on a pale side, due to compression and similar reasons. So, I'll add my port to overwrite them probably.

Looks good, could be a good option

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:18 am

Mod is updated.

Bad - fixed.
Good - added.
Zug-zug.

No new races for now.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:45 am

Is it compatible with HD patch?

Watchers3d

Post by Watchers3d » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:45 am

Volkyte wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:45 am
Is it compatible with HD patch?
Greetings, Volkyte.

It is compatible ONLY with HD Patch.