Pally Leveling

Keepo661

Pally Leveling

Post by Keepo661 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first time playing as Paladin in hc. Generally Id like to be a tank so Im going to leveling by using onehand and shield. I do have few questions as following:

1. Should I take fast weapon or slow weapon?
2. Do I spam Crusader Strike to generate threat?
3. Is int important for pally since there is a talent give me the ability to restore 2% mana per each block?

Thank you for your response and hope yall have a good day!

Azcron

Re: Pally Leveling

Post by Azcron » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:32 pm

1. Either. I used whatever I got my hands on while leveling, although I tried not to go slower than 2.5.
2. No, Crusader Strike is a mana burn. Rank 1 Holy strike main target. Keep Holy Shield up and Rank 1 Consecration with at least 3 mobs.
3. Yes. No mana, no abilities , no aggro. Not saying you have to have Int on every item. You can get away with just having it on accessories ( rings, neck, cloak) There are also new items with Twow that give Pally more options now as well.

N8owl

Re: Pally Leveling

Post by N8owl » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:23 am

• As soon as you get Seal of Light/Wisdom you want a fast weapon. Before that take the weapon with the most damage.
  • Lay max level Consecration and lvl1 if you mana goes down. You get your taunt at lvl26, so play with people you know will wait for the second Consecration. ;)
    SoR (Seal of Righteousness) will usually do it's thing with threat, but if some mates will not behave you can Judge or do holy strikes. Don't forget, Paladins are auto attack andy's for a reason, you want to abuse the 5s rule as often as you can to regain mana.
    Use BoP (Blessing of Protection) on a mate that got aggro and is about to die.
  • Stamina/Int is far superior in leveling a Paladin than everything else. Even more on Turtle, were you can even better convert mana into damage/threat or healing. If you can't get eagle gear, additional whale gear will do fine or anything with stamina on it. Take 5 points in Divine Intellect if you mana is not sufficient.
Watch some Pallytime215 videos. He is a cranky one, but he knows what he is talking about and most things you can convert to Turtle WoW.