A few questions from a returning turtle ;)

Dodge

A few questions from a returning turtle ;)

Post by Dodge » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi,
I had a quite long break (1 -1.5 y) from TurtleWOW (and WOW in general), yet now I would like to return so I got some questions about what has changed since I was playing here before.

I'm aware that some of the answers can be found here, but as I got a ton of unread threads, announcements and messages, maybe someone could simply answer shortly my questions below:

1. Is a hardcore mode still a thing? what is difference now? I Remember when only the dynamic rates (0.5-0.8 depending on level range) were introduced and there was a choice to remain at 0.5x rates as a hardcore player - what are the "non-HC" rates nowdays?

2. Is it viable nowdays to play at 0.5 rates? I remember that some time ago leveling 40-50 or so lvl range was a really pain (lack of quests?) (I won't be leveling in dungeons -> see point 4.)

3. What is the current approach to RP? Is it mandatory now? What is the "ratio" of RP / non-RP players nowdays? I'm not really into RP and don't like to be forced to this

4. I don't have much time to play a long sessions (like over 1h) so I would not be participating in dungeons/evens that much, mostly solo play and some quick stuff (random encounters ;)). Are there any players like me here? Or rather most of the players are really committed and focused on more "hardcore" gaming?

5. How does the interaction between factions look like now? I'm asking about communication, party-ing etc. I know there's some Diplomat feature, but how does inter-faction comm. work with and without the Diplomat? It is easy to become a Diplomat?

6. last and a bit 'lame' question ;) - I never played vanilla ( TBC and WOTLK only), so: which of the classes available for NE (war/dru/rog/pri/hun) is *in your opinion* most fun for solo/questing/leisure play on vanilla and why?

Cheers!
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Gameri

Re: A few questions from a returning turtle ;)

Post by Gameri » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:48 pm

I would be happy to play with you

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:53 pm

1. yes it's still a thing, now you loose 5% exp when you die however

2. new quests are being added all the time, you could always try writing some yourself if you find your lacking quests

3. I know RP exists on turtle wow but it's never happened to me, maybe it's just the alliance the RP

4. I have no idea, I'd hardly call myself hardcore though

5. join /world and talk to the diplomat in stormwind or orgrimar and you're a diplomat, you get a little token thingy that goes in your keyring

6. war is painful to level without a main to funnel gear and money to them

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 pm

1. Nonhardcore rates are 1x now. Dying on hardcore wipes 5% of your current level, but you cannot lose levels.

2. The 40-50 range got a few more quests, but they are primarily elite quests.

3. Roleplay is pretty rare and most players don't engage in it.

4. I'd say that "hardcore" players are an extreme minority here. Most players are very casual. We're still working towards opening the gates of Ahn'qiraj, for example.

5. Still very alliance heavy, but diplomacy means everything but quests and pvp is effectively faction neutral.

6. Since you don't have a lot of play time, I'll advocate rogue. Pickpocketing is like a separate game you can play solo with as few as 5 minutes.

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 am

Thank you all for the answers and see you in game :)
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head