Shockadin or Retri ? Solo wPVP/BGs

Molodostzovet

Shockadin or Retri ? Solo wPVP/BGs

Post by Molodostzovet » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:35 pm

Hello, guys.
I'm newbie at tWoW.
Is it hard to get plate with +spelldamage for Shockadin?
Start playing at start new pvp realm. Which spec is more effective/OP in PvP? Can you show build please?
I'm doing solo pvp in open world, BGs also.

Tendies

Re: Shockadin or Retri ? Solo wPVP/BGs

Post by Tendies » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:00 pm

No, shockadin gearing is easy and the spec is utterly broken in PvP.

Thol

Post by Thol » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:00 pm

Turtle WoW added more plate spell damage items and modified existing sets too. Shockadin is superior in the sense that it provides more support, since it's a fully fledged healer with strong burst to defend himself. If you only do solo PvP I think Ret/Spelladin would be better for you.
Here are the talents I use as shockadin: https://talents.turtle-wow.org/paladin/ZUJ0W6V-0-5F0JE

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:48 pm

Thol wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:00 pm
Turtle WoW added more plate spell damage items and modified existing sets too. Shockadin is superior in the sense that it provides more support, since it's a fully fledged healer with strong burst to defend himself. If you only do solo PvP I think Ret/Spelladin would be better for you.
Here are the talents I use as shockadin: https://talents.turtle-wow.org/paladin/ZUJ0W6V-0-5F0JE
Why no 5/5 Seal of Right? Is it bad?

Thol

Post by Thol » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:19 pm

Steelgrip wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:48 pm
Thol wrote:
Afaik it only increases the base damage of it and does not scales with spellpower, it could be good if Turtle changed that.

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:27 pm

Don't forget to abuse lifesteal with your spec

Molodostzovet

Post by Molodostzovet » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:21 pm

Tendies wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:27 pm
What you mean?

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:58 pm

Molodostzovet wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:21 pm
Tendies wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:27 pm
What you mean?
Lifesteal procs scale with spellpower and can be procced on command with how broken paladins are on turtle.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:22 am

Shockadin shined the most in TBC, but is more viable on TWoW than in basic Vanilla.
It is a hybrid, you deal less damage than retribution but have better healing. It is in my opinion more interesting and definitely an enjoyable build to do wpvp with, there is enough spellpower gear, if you're willing to wear non-plate, and new ones have been added.

I'd like to see +holy damage items and holy resist being part of the game.

Needless to say, whenever I see a Paladin doing PvP only because the class is OP, I like to teach them a lesson. Give my regards to the Spirit Healer. insidious_turtle
Last edited by Mativh on Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Isabellaparker

Post by Isabellaparker » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:15 am

I can confidently tell you that it is much simpler than you think
Challenge yourself with snake 3D

Worth

Post by Worth » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:01 am

Both Shockadin and Ret Paladin can be effective in solo PvP and BGs in World of Warcraft Classic. Gear can be difficult to acquire, as you will need to find plate with +spell damage
My favorite games are World of Warcraft Classic and basket random.

Batey9

Post by Batey9 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:01 pm

Thol wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:19 pm
Steelgrip wrote:
Thol wrote:
Afaik it only increases the base damage of it and does not scales with spellpower, it could be good if Turtle changed that.
This is correct. Same reason Healing Light isn't good. The bonus applies before the SP factors in. Only real reason why Healadins take Healing Light is because there's no reason not to on your path to Illumination. For Shockadin, you can really skip both. Improved Seal of Righteousness and Healing Light are both new player traps.

Thol

Post by Thol » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:10 am

Batey9 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:01 pm
Thol wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:19 pm
Steelgrip wrote:

This is correct. Same reason Healing Light isn't good. The bonus applies before the SP factors in. Only real reason why Healadins take Healing Light is because there's no reason not to on your path to Illumination. For Shockadin, you can really skip both. Improved Seal of Righteousness and Healing Light are both new player traps.
I'm taking healing light since on Turtle it says it increases the effectiveness of Holy Shock as well, not sure if it's both offense and defense though or only when healing with it.