Fire Warlock Viable Version

Krokzogg

Fire Warlock Viable Version

Post by Krokzogg » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:46 am

Problem 1: Fire Warlock is not viable in dungeons and raids. (A lot of threat from Searing Pain)
Problem 2: Warlock's spell rotation in dungeons and raids is too simple. (Spam Shadow Bolt)

I agree that the high amount of threat from Searing Pain is a warlock trait and a penalty for using demon magic. But the original developers added a large threat without providing adequate ways to reduce it. And as a result, the Fire Warlock is only used in pvp and for tanking a few bosses. Someone can use a Fire Warlock with a high level Gear, Paladin Aura and Master Demonologist + Imp. But at low levels, the Fire Warlock is not viable.

Solution option: Add a spell to reduce the threat of Searing Pain from 200% to 100%.

---------------------------------------------------
Soft Flame Rank 1
Level 18
0 Mana 30 yd range
Instant
Requires Warlock
Reduce the threat of Searing Pain by half for target that is already afflicted by Immolate, until 4 Searing Pain are applied. Effect lasts a maximum of 12 sec. and consuming the Immolate spell.
---------------------------------------------------

Rotation: [ Immolate --> Soft Flame --> Searing Pain x4 ]

This is better than spamming Shadow Bolt and doesn't pose much of a threat.
Builds for PVP and for tanking some bosses will remain the same. They simply won't use Soft Flame.

This is an example solution.
How do you like the idea?

Bigsmerf

Re: Fire Warlock Viable Version

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:41 pm

A name like "Soft flame" is a bit wimpy sounding to me. Something like subtle ember might be cool. As for the general idea? I love it.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:48 pm

its like a -threat conflagrate?
i like it.
maybe putting this effect in shadowburn

Berkanar

Post by Berkanar » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:53 pm

Ooh I like this idea!

How about we have a spell that lowers all threat by half on the current target for any spell that a Warlock and their pet may cast? We could also call this "Fel Paranoia" (the target is Paranoid at a non-existent threat for 12 seconds). Or perhaps the spell could be a buff that gets applied to the Warlock and the Warlock's pet themselves, lowering all threat.
Just a dude hopping from classes and having loads of fun while trying to help others. smiling_turtle_head

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:29 pm

I like the idea but for shadowburn it would be too late, OP mostly meant buffs for leveling warlocks.
Minus threat on searing pain could help a lot during leveling and that plus fire spell tier gears could provide an alternative to sb spamming in late game.

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:20 pm

This is so bad to the fire warlocks dps they will have low threat even if this spell didn't give threat reduction.

Use immolate, then use this spell, then reapply immolate cause it consumed it? So much waste of cast times and mana