Oct 27 update Holy Shield poll

Bob022

Oct 27 update Holy Shield poll

Post by Bob022 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:28 pm

Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:59 pm
Fixed issue with Improved Seal of Justice incorrectly buffing Holy Shield damage instead of Seal of Justice proc
With this change applied, my Holy Shield rank 3 spell hits for roughly 2/3 of its previous value. Rank 1 hits for less than half. Both of them lost something over 60 damage. Are other players experiencing the same? I ask so I know whether it's across the board, or a local clientside reporting issue.

Redmagejoe

Re: Oct 27 update Holy Shield poll

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:09 pm

Bob022 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:28 pm
Torta wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:59 pm
Fixed issue with Improved Seal of Justice incorrectly buffing Holy Shield damage instead of Seal of Justice proc
With this change applied, my Holy Shield rank 3 spell hits for roughly 2/3 of its previous value. Rank 1 hits for less than half. Both of them lost something over 60 damage. Are other players experiencing the same? I ask so I know whether it's across the board, or a local clientside reporting issue.
Your post sounds like you're asking about a bug? But the item you quoted says pretty clearly that it was an unintended bug that was fixed. Improved Seal of Justice is supposed to increase chance to stun the target on auto attacks while Seal of Justice is on by X%. It was not, and instead was adding +X damage to Holy Shield. This has been fixed, and so Holy Shield lost this bonus damage it was never meant to have.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:10 pm

This is your brain on paladin.

Bob022

Post by Bob022 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:47 pm

Tiresome when folks cruise the internet just looking to pick fights or attack people. Yes, I can plainly see it's a a change to an unintended mechanic. I have eyes, too. I still want to know if others are seeing the same thing I am, since T-wow's client sometimes has oddities relating to the cache. For example, if I see it hit for 135, and some other player says, no, his hits for a default of 180, then I know there's something funky going on.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:30 pm

Bob022 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:47 pm
Tiresome when folks cruise the internet just looking to pick fights or attack people. Yes, I can plainly see it's a a change to an unintended mechanic. I have eyes, too. I still want to know if others are seeing the same thing I am, since T-wow's client sometimes has oddities relating to the cache. For example, if I see it hit for 135, and some other player says, no, his hits for a default of 180, then I know there's something funky going on.
Consider yourself lucky, that they didn't insult you on a personal level, for asking a question

On the main topic, i don't play Pala, but i asked a friend and he gets the same numbers as you
so everything seems normal...
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Bob022

Post by Bob022 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:57 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:30 pm
On the main topic, i don't play Pala, but i asked a friend and he gets the same numbers as you
so everything seems normal...
Thanks for asking. That's what I wanted to know.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:04 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:30 pm
Consider yourself lucky, that they didn't insult you on a personal level, for asking a question
The OP did not make any sort of post deserving of insult like the variety of bad faith copy/pastes made on this forum daily. You, on the other hand, are quite deliberately picking a fight by choosing to post this instead of just the actual helpful reply that followed. This was a completely unnecessary inciting remark and precisely why you earn backlash.

Bob022 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:47 pm
I still want to know if others are seeing the same thing I am, since T-wow's client sometimes has oddities relating to the cache.
I can assure you that this was 100% a serverside fix, as the damage being reflected in your combat log and reflected in the tooltip are tied to the actual calculated values and reported by the server, not the client. This was definitely fixed, and any variation in Holy Shield damage between Paladins would be due to spellpower, and quite small at that (100 spellpower yields 5 Holy Shield damage, for example)

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:15 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:04 pm

The OP did not make any sort of post deserving of insult like the variety of bad faith copy/pastes made on this forum daily. You, on the other hand, are quite deliberately picking a fight by choosing to post this instead of just the actual helpful reply that followed. This was a completely unnecessary inciting remark and precisely why you earn backlash.

i was actually referring to "Gantulga"
nothing wrong with your reply here
but as they say, if the cap fits you, wear it... hiding_smth_turtle_head
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:19 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:15 pm
i was actually referring to "Gantulga"
Discretion is the better part of valor. Ignore it.

Casavir

Post by Casavir » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:21 pm

Paladin is still a broken class with no Attack Power to Spell Power scaling.