Druid PvP

Bornszar

Druid PvP

Post by Bornszar » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:59 pm

How well will druids hold their own in pvp on the new server? I've just decided to give turtle wow a try and heard there is a new server launching this Friday. I've always really liked the jack of all trades type class but was curious if they will get deleted by most of the classes. Is feral dps a thing in turtle? Will feral dps get raid spots? TIA

Drubarrymooer

Re: Druid PvP

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 pm

Feral DPS IS a thing on Turtle as is bear tanking. Feral I would rate A or S tier because you can basically out last any opponent one on one and you're very versatile in groups.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:05 pm

Feral dps is perfectly viable, and actually pretty damn good in the wide spectrum of things. They've got general utility for raids, a party wide 3% crit buff, emergency off heals, and so on. In PvP, their respectable DPS, burst, and wide variety of tools make them extremely versatile and very powerful in the right hands.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 pm

Feral is arguably the best pvp spec in turtle. It's a very engaging spec to play and bear form is absolutely CRACKED because of buffs meant to make it more viable in pve. Frenzied Regeneration is an insanely strong cooldown that makes you nearly unkillable for a bit.

For pve, feral isn't the worst. Ret and feral are both significantly better than in vanilla - still very outclassed by warriors, mage et cetera - but they are not dead weights anymore. Enhancement still is a bit of a burden but at least you'll be giving totem buffs.

Bornszar

Post by Bornszar » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:17 pm

Very good to know that they can hold their own. What is the CD of frenzied regeneration? Can you use it in bear form or does it pop you out of form?

How many feral dps druids will be taken to a 10/20 man raid?

Does turtle wow have sets for feral or is it still all for resto? Speaking of resto, how is resto on turtle, in regards to PvE and PvP?

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:22 pm

Jstansberry wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 pm
For pve, feral isn't the worst. Ret and feral are both significantly better than in vanilla - still very outclassed by warriors, mage et cetera - but they are not dead weights anymore. Enhancement still is a bit of a burden but at least you'll be giving totem buffs.
Ehh, idk. While I have trouble being consistent, mainly tank most of the time and get excited/nervous and mess up when I DPS. However, I have beaten warriors/topped DPS both with and without world buffs and all Naxx geared on the following fights, Vael, Patchwerk a few times, Twin Emps, C'thun, and Nefarian...I also got 3rd on Thaddy once but that's heavily RNG dependant. I think it's easier to do better as a warrior or rogue, but it's 100% doable at similar gear/consume/buff levels.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:36 pm

Bornszar wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:17 pm
Very good to know that they can hold their own. What is the CD of frenzied regeneration? Can you use it in bear form or does it pop you out of form?

How many feral dps druids will be taken to a 10/20 man raid?

Does turtle wow have sets for feral or is it still all for resto? Speaking of resto, how is resto on turtle, in regards to PvE and PvP?
You use it in Bear form...its 3mins and heals taking rage/sec and converting it to hp. There's also beserk which gives temporary hp in bear form and increased attack speed/energy regen in cat form. That's a 6min cd. BWG rolls with as many that will come and hold their own. in Naxx, there's usually just 2. AQ40 and below we'll have 3 or 4 on a melee heavy night.

Manletow

Post by Manletow » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Jstansberry wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 pm
Feral is arguably the best pvp spec in turtle. It's a very engaging spec to play and bear form is absolutely CRACKED because of buffs meant to make it more viable in pve. Frenzied Regeneration is an insanely strong cooldown that makes you nearly unkillable for a bit.
If by "best spec in pvp" you mean "best DRUID spec in pvp" then... nah i still dont agree. Resto is generally gonna be more useful due to the constant lack of healers (and they can still opportunistically shapeshift as they see fit).

Tho as you said, i'm sure Ferals a fun spec to play.

Frenzied Regeneration is (perhaps) mildly overpowered in PVP but generally Bear Form is a terrible form to use as its damage is rather horrendous (especially when using FR as it depletes all their rage). Bear should only be used sparingly (usually when enemies try and focus-fire you).

This makes sense as Warrior is putrid in PVP and Bear form is an even shittier version of a Warrior.

Feral Druid is C-tier in PVP.
They can last a long time no doubt, but lack finishing power.
And their Cat/Bear forms are lacking in generally useful abilities such as an interrupt (this is intentional design).
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:38 pm

Manletow wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:49 pm

If by "best spec in pvp" you mean "best DRUID spec in pvp" then... nah i still dont agree. Resto is generally gonna be more useful due to the constant lack of healers (and they can still opportunistically shapeshift as they see fit).

Tho as you said, i'm sure Ferals a fun spec to play.

Frenzied Regeneration is (perhaps) mildly overpowered in PVP but generally Bear Form is a terrible form to use as its damage is rather horrendous (especially when using FR as it depletes all their rage). Bear should only be used sparingly (usually when enemies try and focus-fire you).

This makes sense as Warrior is putrid in PVP and Bear form is an even shittier version of a Warrior.

They can last a long time no doubt, but lack finishing power.
And their Cat/Bear forms are lacking in generally useful abilities such as an interrupt (this is intentional design).
Bear has both Feral Charge and Bash to interrupt. They don't do great damage but 10k+ HP, Frenzied Regen, double the armor of a warrior, and being able to shift in and out of forms to dispel movement debuffs makes them by far the best flag carriers in WSG and also very good point defenders in AB. Feral Charge has half the cooldown of warrior Intercept and druids can dispel slows/snares at will so bears are actually the vastly better version of warriors in PVP - Warriors may have the potential to do more damage but that means almost nothing if they can only get 2 hits in before being chain kited. If you don't think ferals are super strong in PVP you probably don't play battlegrounds, they are S tier for sure.

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:04 pm

I dont know man --- unless they completely redone Feral ... I gotta say it was a MEME spec when I played ... more here : viewtopic.php?p=45813#p45813

/played 30 days on my Feral about 12 days on 60 in BGs ...

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:21 pm

Feral is a top tier Blood Ring pick and hard counters most melees. Other druid specs are considerably better all around.
I'd say druid is high tier and downright broken in some situations/matchups.

Manletow

Post by Manletow » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:20 am

Jstansberry wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:38 pm
Bear has both Feral Charge and Bash to interrupt. They don't do great damage but 10k+ HP, Frenzied Regen, double the armor of a warrior, and being able to shift in and out of forms to dispel movement debuffs makes them by far the best flag carriers in WSG and also very good point defenders in AB. Feral Charge has half the cooldown of warrior Intercept and druids can dispel slows/snares at will so bears are actually the vastly better version of warriors in PVP - Warriors may have the potential to do more damage but that means almost nothing if they can only get 2 hits in before being chain kited. If you don't think ferals are super strong in PVP you probably don't play battlegrounds, they are S tier for sure.
Your druid opinions are about as dumb as your Shaman opinions... sry dude

Those abilities are not reliable interrupts for various reasons (such as range requirement and/or long cooldowns)

"Dont do great damage" ... Bear form DPS is HORRENDOUS dude. it cant be overstated how weaksauce their slaps are

10k+ HP... lol. the most ive ever seen in a BG is like 8.5k hp... you're just a liar bud.
You think fully raid buffed Naxx gear Druids are in the average Blood Ring/BG match...?

Anyway yes ANY class/spec in Naxx Gear (aka the best gear possible) will be a formidable opponent. Your statement is meaningless.

Armor is useless against the many spell-based abilities in WoW. Paladins are everywhere and Holy Strike cuts thru Bears armor like butter. (OP bullshit and needs to be addressed imo)

Warriors can actually do damage + can use Hamstring so they are both more fearsome if/when they charge you AND harder to kite than a Bear form Druid.

But you dont even NEED to kite a bear form Druid as you can just fearlessly tank their pathetic weaksauce attacks

"Druids are S-Tier" bud you need to stop sharing your braindead opinions of class balance lol
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:31 am

How about balance/restro in pvp and pve? is it still bad in pve?

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:16 pm

Manletow wrote:
100% this.

The class has no meaningful cc and only has a delayed interrupt (gotta run out / get distance and spend GCDs on switching forms) and it cannot use pots/trinkets/etc without breaking form. These things alone make the class C-tier.

You can probably kill players that dont use their abilities but primarily its a class that can do some fun trickery and is useful for support/tanking/flagcarrying/stealing bases.

There is alot of new gear that makes its damage better than previously but it is absolutely NOT an S-tier class in PvP. You will be happier in a PvE setting as flexibility is your strength being able to fill any role need and do quite well.

You shouldnt be topping any healing or damage meters with the current state of the class and you wont be tanking Emps or Sapph. You will be decent at everything, set your expectation at 'decent'.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 pm

Mackylol wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:16 pm
Manletow wrote:
100% this.

The class has no meaningful cc and only has a delayed interrupt (gotta run out / get distance and spend GCDs on switching forms) and it cannot use pots/trinkets/etc without breaking form. These things alone make the class C-tier.

You can probably kill players that dont use their abilities but primarily its a class that can do some fun trickery and is useful for support/tanking/flagcarrying/stealing bases.

There is alot of new gear that makes its damage better than previously but it is absolutely NOT an S-tier class in PvP. You will be happier in a PvE setting as flexibility is your strength being able to fill any role need and do quite well.

You shouldnt be topping any healing or damage meters with the current state of the class and you wont be tanking Emps or Sapph. You will be decent at everything, set your expectation at 'decent'.
Druids do tank twins here in some guilds and I've tanked Saph, KT and pretty much every boss in the game from beginning to end, outside Nef....and I even think I've tanked him as a backup tank before. Optimal? No. Doable? Certainly.

As for not being able to use consumables, hendrishift has some built in macros that make it pretty simple.

And I've topped meters on Patchwerk and Twins with and without world buffs. It's not easy to do ... But I'm not some druid king. I'm moderately capable at my class.

PvP BGs are a different animal....no pun intended. But Shape seems to be doing well. I don't know anyone else ranking atm

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:32 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 pm
Mackylol wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:16 pm
Manletow wrote:
100% this.

Druids do tank twins here in some guilds and I've tanked Saph, KT and pretty much every boss in the game from beginning to end, outside Nef....and I even think I've tanked him as a backup tank before. Optimal? No. Doable? Certainly.

As for not being able to use consumables, hendrishift has some built in macros that make it pretty simple.

And I've topped meters on Patchwerk and Twins with and without world buffs. It's not easy to do ... But I'm not some druid king. I'm moderately capable at my class.

PvP BGs are a different animal....no pun intended. But Shape seems to be doing well. I don't know anyone else ranking atm
Love to hear it!