Tel'Abim Launch Time / Phase Schedule

Jc473

Re: Tel'Abim Launch Time / Phase Schedule

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:46 pm

Equalrites wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:13 pm
Why a schedule on a PvP server is all about PvE/Raid things ?
This is stupid, it's going to be another PvE server stormed because it's «fresh», and nothing more.

Lock away raids once and for all and get some serious update on how PvP interact within the world itself.
1) There are a lot of players who like to raid and PvP. They are very much expecting both facets of the game to be available on a PvP server, just like in original Vanilla WoW.

2) The raids are integral to the lore of certain zones. For example, there's a reason why all the silithids have a presence in southern Kalimdor... it's a precursor to the AQ event!

3) If you really want some 'serious update on how PvP interacts within the world itself', then they should probably delay this server launch by 6-12 months so they can design new PvP systems and figure out how to balance parallel gear progressions of PvP/Raiding content.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:56 pm

Prasica wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:36 am
Could we potentially increase the length of each phase and extend the overall timeline?

maybe 6 months in phase 1(the best phase btw)
3-5 months in phase 2( the second best phase btw)
3 months in phase 3(the revival of world pvp phase)
phase 4(i dont care)

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:15 pm

Akalix wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:42 am
Tel'Abim will be launching on October 27th at 5:00PM GMT!!

Tel'Abim Phase Schedule
Any content not listed can be assumed as available on launch!
Specific days for phase progression will be specified at a future date.

• Phase 1 will last 3 months, including:
    • All new dungeons (Crescent Grove, Gilneas City, Hateforge Quarry, Karazhan Crypt, Stormwind Vault, Caverns of Time: Black Morass)
    • Blood Ring and Sunnyglade Valley
    • Onyxia's Lair
    • Molten Core
    • Lower Karazhan Halls
    • Concavius
    • Dark Reaver of Karazhan
    • Azuregos
    • Kazzak
  • Phase 2 will last 2 months, including:
    • Blackwing Lair
    • Zul'Gurub
    • Emerald Sanctum
    • Dragons of Nightmare
    • Nerubian Overseer
    • Ostarius
  • Phase 3 will last 2 months, including:
    • AQ War Effort
    • AQ20
    • AQ40
  • Phase 4 will include:
    • Scourge Invasion
    • Naxxramas
We look forward to seeing you on October 27th! Return to monkey on Tel'Abim PvP!
Don't include the custom content, PvP server is a PvP server, they want PvP no lore, so, don't waste time in that.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:27 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:15 pm
Don't include the custom content, PvP server is a PvP server, they want PvP no lore, so, don't waste time in that.
There are plenty of people who look forward to doing PvP and Raiding on the same server.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:14 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:27 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
There are plenty of people who look forward to doing PvP and Raiding on the same server.
There will be all the classic content, raids from magma core to Ahn'qiraj.
So, you don't want to UNBALANCE the game, I don't want to see a lot of PvP players crying here for the balance.
They already got their PvP server, don't ask for more, the devs have a lot of work to do with the 1.17.1 content.

Daxxx

Post by Daxxx » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:29 pm

I completely agree with the above: increase the time of the phases and do not add AQ and Nax. I would like to see PVP things at low levels so that BG would also be interesting to go to.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:35 pm

Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:56 pm
Prasica wrote:
Could we potentially increase the length of each phase and extend the overall timeline?

phase 4(i dont care)
These are solid timelines indeed… i would also nerf t3 gear
Last edited by Charanko on Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:36 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:14 pm
So, you don't want to UNBALANCE the game, I don't want to see a lot of PvP players crying here for the balance.
They already got their PvP server, don't ask for more, the devs have a lot of work to do with the 1.17.1 content.
Well, there's no way they will want to run two separate versions of the game. That just creates unnecessary overhead. I think the itemisation across both servers will be the same. The only difference is that the PvP server's items will be phased.

But even if they did strip out all of the custom content, the PvPers will still get annoyed once everyone is in AQ/Naxx gear. This is an inherent problem of the game; the balancing of parallel gear progressions of PvP/Raiding content. Eventually, you'll have PvPers quit once there are a bunch of Naxx raiders joining the BGs. This will especially be true for the fresh level 60 PvPers.

Slayridah

Post by Slayridah » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Please increase the time for each phase to something like 6 months, and consider not adding AQ/Nax phases at all. Also as others have mentioned already, would be interesting to have no BG's in Phase 1 to encourage world pvp.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 pm

OK, so the server will last 7 months before people leave and ask for a new one... got it!

Wolfheart1990

Post by Wolfheart1990 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:09 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:14 pm
Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:27 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
What a bad take. A PvP realm and custom content are not mutually exclusive. "PvP players crying here" "they want PvP no lore" "They already got their PvP server" You clearly have some kind of scorn against the portion of the community that wants to play on a fresh PVP version of TurtleWoW. If you don't want to have anything to do with these players then stay in the PVE server. Don't try to talk for your strawman perception of "the PvPers" or give vapid suggestions about a realm that you don't want to play on. You don't get a monopoly on what TurtleWoW decides to focus on - they make those choices based polls and community feedback, not your personal vendetta against "the PVPers".

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:09 pm

Harkus wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 pm
OK, so the server will last 7 months before people leave and ask for a new one... got it!
An inminent death...
That's the reason why the PvP servers die.
I hope the devs don't waste much time on it and center back again in the PvE server.
Can happen two things:
The server dies and Turtle Closes it.
The server dies and turtle makes it a PvE server.

Theskum1

Post by Theskum1 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:23 pm

Turtle staff don't listen to any of these comments please. What you are doing is great.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:30 pm

Don't do AQ40 and naxx after just a few months! Or without balancing out t2.5 and t3!

T3 and for some classes t2,5 are virtually geared towards level 70 endgame. They vastly outpace hp and survivability and turn pvp into a pointless one-shot battle. It is extremely unfun to fight warlocks whose dots kill you regardless if they do nothing else, or rogues where every stunlock is death anyway. While they won't say it, it's also extremely unfun to BE a warlock that only needs to put dots on a target and anything else you do doesn't matter, or a rogue who never has to do anything beyond a stunlock to kill.

T2 is the ideal place for pvp balance, where good gear will still turn you into a killing machine, but there's some interactivity involved and killing players is not like farming low level mobs.

There's also no real reason for t3/t2.5 even being available as they are in pvp, because there's already a pve realm where AQ40 and naxx are common, if you want to run them and enjoy them, you can do it in the main realm, the only reason you'd do it is to push through one-shots.

This is a disaster waiting to happen and it gives the pvp realm a lifetime of 10ish months, after which it will be completely unplayable.

You're not learning from the mistakes Blizzard did with classic - a pvp realm WILL mean sweaty tryhards all around and fi you don't limit that, it'll ruin it for everyone. Sweaty tryhards themselves aren't having fun most of the time. Population fix is a good start, because it was a problem and it was the most publicized problem, but the floodgates of people quitting classic happened because of sweaty premades/wpvp.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:38 pm

Theskum1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:23 pm
Turtle staff don't listen to any of these comments please. What you are doing is great.
They NEED to hear this time.
This is an imminent disaster.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:46 pm

People have spoken and 2 things are pretty clear

1. Majority of people want longer phases( like 20 different people already said this)
2. A good portion don't even want aq40/naxx

Aq20 could be part of phase 2 so we get ojs and also aq20 doesn't ruin PvP item balance.

Please at least do 1. And think about 2. (T2 gear locked could be a really great long term wow vanilla pvp server).

I'd stay for years and make many alts if it was T2 item locked since the pvp would be competitive and fun.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Charanko wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:35 pm
Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:56 pm
Prasica wrote:

phase 4(i dont care)
These are solid timelines indeed… i would also nerf t3 gear
yeah naxx gear is too op from a pvp POV
i dont know anyone who likes to play in a phase 4(pvp or even pve) server btw
naxx looks like a pre expansion for "lich king content" but blizzard decides to go other route and we get TBC.
idk... i just hate naxx in general

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:52 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:46 pm
People have spoken and 2 things are pretty clear

1. Majority of people want longer phases( like 20 different people already said this)
2. A good portion don't even want aq40/naxx

Aq20 could be part of phase 2 so we get ojs and also aq20 doesn't ruin PvP item balance.

Please at least do 1. And think about 2. (T2 gear locked could be a really great long term wow vanilla pvp server).

I'd stay for years and make many alts if it was T2 item locked since the pvp would be competitive and fun.
phase 3 is good for Reviving world pvp
but we need longer phases to make this enjoyable
1 year in phase 1 and 2 seems fine to me
after that we get phase 3 to 'revitalize the World"

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:00 pm

first
i put my trust in Torta devs to make the phases 3 and 4 enjoyable
balancing t2.5 and t3(plus naxx gear in general)
i love molten core/onyxian/BWL gear (stat wise and looks too)
ideas-
make phase 3 gear more Arcane+Nature(themed) for casters and classes in general nerfing general stats to be like Phase 2
same in NAxx with Shadow/frost + a nerf in general stats.reworking items with cool mechanics not just powercreeping.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Shutting down PvE Realm and going for a PVP fresh cycle WHEN?

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Shutting down PvE Realm and going for a PVP FRESH cycle WHEN?

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:33 pm

I hope they don't try to ballance seperstely for the pvp realm. Sounds like a lot of work. I would rather have more custom content for everybody.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:35 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:29 pm
Shutting down PvE Realm and going for a PVP FRESH cycle WHEN?
Tell me this is a joke...

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:17 pm

Gotta be a joke. No serious person wants to hurt or shut down PvE server.

Just make improvements for PVP such as longer phases and better/more BG rep rewards.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:43 pm

hehe for what i read here, i think the fresh pvp crew need is a season pvp server that reset every 3 months ---> fresh and clean every 3 months ;p

But i have played in some fresh pvp in the past (elisyum, lighthope) just 2 exemples is enouth, no!? what i see in that pirate servers was a race to 60, heavy dungeons farming for pre-bis, a race to clear mc, bwl... (raid logging, gdkp, ...), they do pvp yes, AVs fast runs to get the exalted ring.

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm

insidious_turtle I think you guys focus on the wrong part,they said they will produce new equipment for the pvper,so don’t say that words so depressing . As my point of view,the time zone is the thing really need to care about.because on the one hand,people have time to enjoy every phase,and also have the motivation to join the dungeon and BG. For instance if AQ is goona open only 2month later after bwl.naxx too,people just wanna waiting for the next phase!cause no one have that much time and that luckily to get the equipment of the current phase. Btw it also limited the motivation of pvper,cause they put so much effort to get R14 but when they finally got it the naxx just opened.I know there will be new equipment but also is too quick for the realm!
So please consider about the time
Phase 1 :4-6 mes
Phase 2:3-5 months at least
Phase 3:3-5 months
Phase 4 forever,and I really don’t mind the time much longer!we both will have a great time!
Only a little change but will be changed a lot,and also you guys have plenty time to balance or creating new stuff!
Best wish,thx for the new realm,thx for the team,you are the best!
Ps:if when the realm open have discount of donation it would be perfect! insidious_turtle

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:59 pm

Mikeyhong wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm
they said they will produce new equipment for the pvper
Where/when did they say this?

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:01 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Mikeyhong wrote:
Read it carefully bro,and the other post have had posted

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:03 pm

Daxxx wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:29 pm
I completely agree with the above: increase the time of the phases and do not add AQ and Nax. I would like to see PVP things at low levels so that BG would also be interesting to go to.
I feel like AQ is fine and encourages a lot of world pvp and competition with the war effort but I would be entirely fine with removing naxx.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Mikeyhong wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:01 pm
Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Mikeyhong wrote:
Read it carefully bro,and the other post have had posted
I've just searched through the discord and forum posts for mentions of new PvP equipment and cannot find anything.

The quote I think you are referring to is this one,
""This realm will feature identical content to our PvE realm. Covering all the Mysteries of Azeroth expansion content, which includes revamped and new items, quests, zones, dungeons, raids, and much more.""
viewtopic.php?t=10966

If this is the quote you are referring to, then I encourage you to "read it carefully bro". It states that it will have identical content to the PvE ream. The next sentence just states what general content the Mysteries of Azeroth expanion has... which includes new items.

If this is not the quote you were referring to, then I apologise. Please can you tell me where I can find it?

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:38 pm

From here: viewtopic.php?p=67818&hilit=Depth+pvp+rewards#p67818

PvP Rewards: Adding depth to PvP itemization.
The current pool of options for PvP gear is fairly limited currently. We are looking to add further depth into this gearing system in the future to allow more gearing diversity from PvP rewards, enabling them to keep up with PvE players.

Torensvk

Post by Torensvk » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:43 pm

Im also on board with making the phases last longer, this way it feels more forced not to miss a single ID because of so little weeks per phase

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:47 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:38 pm

The current pool of options for PvP gear is fairly limited currently. We are looking to add further depth into this gearing system in the future to allow more gearing diversity from PvP rewards, enabling them to keep up with PvE players.
Ah, thank you. Thought Mikehong was referring to a more recent post. @Mikeyhong, apologies.

Well, this is good to hear. I'm curious if the gear will rival the power of Naxx items.

Theskum1

Post by Theskum1 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:28 pm

Vaikaris wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:30 pm
Don't do AQ40 and naxx after just a few months! Or without balancing out t2.5 and t3!

T3 and for some classes t2,5 are virtually geared towards level 70 endgame. They vastly outpace hp and survivability and turn pvp into a pointless one-shot battle. It is extremely unfun to fight warlocks whose dots kill you regardless if they do nothing else, or rogues where every stunlock is death anyway. While they won't say it, it's also extremely unfun to BE a warlock that only needs to put dots on a target and anything else you do doesn't matter, or a rogue who never has to do anything beyond a stunlock to kill.

T2 is the ideal place for pvp balance, where good gear will still turn you into a killing machine, but there's some interactivity involved and killing players is not like farming low level mobs.

There's also no real reason for t3/t2.5 even being available as they are in pvp, because there's already a pve realm where AQ40 and naxx are common, if you want to run them and enjoy them, you can do it in the main realm, the only reason you'd do it is to push through one-shots.

This is a disaster waiting to happen and it gives the pvp realm a lifetime of 10ish months, after which it will be completely unplayable.

You're not learning from the mistakes Blizzard did with classic - a pvp realm WILL mean sweaty tryhards all around and fi you don't limit that, it'll ruin it for everyone. Sweaty tryhards themselves aren't having fun most of the time. Population fix is a good start, because it was a problem and it was the most publicized problem, but the floodgates of people quitting classic happened because of sweaty premades/wpvp.
Server lifetime of 10 months is more than enough. Just make a new server every year. Fresh wipe is by far the most fun anyway.

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:46 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Chudman123 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:38 pm

Ah, thank you. Thought Mikehong was referring to a more recent post. @Mikeyhong, apologies.

Well, this is good to hear. I'm curious if the gear will rival the power of Naxx items.
i also curious about that,but at begainning i think the phase need to slow down.