Upcoming PvP changes

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Upcoming PvP changes

Post by Akalix » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:40 am

PvP on Turtle WoW: Concepts and Upcoming Changes

Rank Decay: Allowing breaks.
While we are proponents of the competitiveness of the Vanilla PvP system we know the current system is too punishing for players that can't dedicate large amounts time without breaks to PvPing. Thus, you can no longer drop PvP ranks by decaying. Decay still happens but your total amount of RP will never drop below the minimum amount of RP required for your current rank. To check the minimum RP for any given rank, refer to the reply here: viewtopic.php?p=67819#p67819

Mercenaries: Adding crossfaction to battlegrounds.
This is a change we are looking to add to provide quicker queuetimes and allow re-filling of deserted slots. The age of our realm causes a great disparity in gear within battlegrounds, thus we are looking into ways to use this to balance out teams better.

PvP Rewards: Adding depth to PvP itemization.
The current pool of options for PvP gear is fairly limited currently. We are looking to add further depth into this gearing system in the future to allow more gearing diversity from PvP rewards, enabling them to keep up with PvE players.

These changes will all be implemented in various stages of the 1.17.x patch cycle, starting with Rank Decay changes coming on the launch of 1.17.0
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Re: PvP on Turtle WoW: Concepts and Upcoming Changes

Post by Akalix » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:41 am

Minimum Points by Rank

Rank 1: 15HK
Rank 2: 2000
Rank 3: 5000
Rank 4: 10000
Rank 5: 15000
Rank 6: 20000
Rank 7: 25000
Rank 8: 30000
Rank 9: 35000
Rank 10: 40000
Rank 11: 45000
Rank 12: 50000
Rank 13: 55000
Rank 14: 60000
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:13 am

What about the people who farmer rank 14 / 13 before this change. Do we get to keep our title?

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:14 am

Holy cow!! <3

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:25 am

Charanko asking for a PVP realm in 3, 2, 1...

Erousagi

Post by Erousagi » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:28 am

Will the vanilla weekly standing be kept or the classic era new honor system be adopted? Only adopting the no down rank half of the new system doesn't really solve the current PVP issue tbh

More PVP set variants sounds great, especially for hybrid classes.

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:42 am

Does this mean that if I got R14 previously, then I would be R14 again and get the title again?
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Boyo - Goblin Warrior 60

Zamkabob

Post by Zamkabob » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:45 am

This has already been asked but the devs need to be overloaded. If I was previously Rank 12 but now I am rank 4 because I decided to have a life again, would I go back up to R12? ty in advance.

Yidhra

Post by Yidhra » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:56 am

So will there be PvP class balance patches now as well?

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:57 am

Huuuuge! Please do a one time grandfathering of everyone to the rank listed in our pvp tab. I got rank 10 two years ago and it would be awesome to have it back as if this system wss always there. Im sure i am not alone!
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:15 am

That's great news! turtle_in_love_head

Rof

Post by Rof » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:35 am

as others have said highest rank obtained should be given to the players, its silly to make players grind rank 14 again to re-obtain the title and goes against the entire point of the change of letting people have lives again

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:20 am

satisfied_turtle_head
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:25 am
Charanko asking for a PVP realm in 3, 2, 1...
So any news in pvp realm? satisfied_turtle_head

Good changes
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:42 am

So main problem with PvP ranking and honor is getting past rank 10 with all the people who share accounts (or AFK or bot).

Also the calculation takes too long because we compete against each other for the honor......make it a flat amount of honor per level (scaling up logically to r14) with max rank you can get per week (like at most 1/2 rank per week after r7).

Removing the ability to drop below a rank is a good idea but this still does not allow anyone who plays properly (no acct share, no afk, no bot) to actually get r14 or even r12 really, just look at what people like Darkhawk share on Discord playing a fairly good amount and getting moved back within rank 11....this bliz like change still does not fix the root issue that no one can get actual rank gear AND have a life outside of wow (and it incentivizes bots and AFK lame-o's).

So what you should do instead is just remove the decay completely and only allow at most a half rank per week (1/4 rank per week when you get to r12). Without doing this no one who actually plays and enjoys PvP will ever get r14 unless they are retired and even then it would be really hard to play it TOO MUCH IN A ROW and not fun like a game should be.

This game is very fun to PvP at but you are really gating the ability to get ranked gear by forcing people into this behaivor of semi-cheating or no-lifeing it which is counter-twow ideology so please read Discord and please don't ONLY do this because it won't really change much.

Removing decay and putting week times on it allows anyone to get it casually as well (but it would just take forever).

Also it helps all the "AFK/semi-bot" crowd to get their gear and get out of BGs since they are PvE'ing a PvP instance....and get honor numbers that basically require a bot or acct share. Also plenty of pple have r14 gear from early twow when it took like 5 hours or something.

Finally PvP gear is still not nearly as good as NAXX on average so just let it be with a flat amount system so people can enjoy.

The decay within rank will still not lead to fun or rewards and will perpetuate the cycle of afk/bot/pve inside PvP
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:53 am

The other stuff like gear diversity, A+ great ideas, all BG reps could get better gear (espec at early rep levels) with a lot of sta for noobs.

Just saying I can tell this blizz decay within rank isn't really a big change and there is no reason to just remove decay.

If you were to sit down and think like a human for a minute and ask: "how much time would it take me per day to get from r12-13" in a system where it's flat vrs decay within rank:

decay within rank: 80/week for 3 weeks
no decay: 300 hours

if you then think about this you would be like ya maybe most people can't get 80 hours in a week 3 weeks in a row and maintain their life. But 300 hours could be gotten in 3-4 weeks or in 12+ months

just a more humane choice to remove decay

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:54 am

blizz will copy you cuz they stupid corporate a$$ bags sans-soul

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:02 am

also instead of giving everyone their previous PvP rank if you removed decay those people would be playing because it would be something they could reasonably eventually obtain.

I don't care if you give people their rank but comon allow normal folks to get ranked eventually too!

Tiancaixin

Post by Tiancaixin » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:13 am

Does this mean that if I got R13 before, then I would be R13 again and use new pvp item

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:40 am

1. Rank decay disabled is great but doesn't solve no living being required. I suggest tinkering with the formula. Lower decay from 20 to 5% but also lower the ro gain per bracket. Made a detailed math post on it last year how that would affect the ranking weeks.

2. Crossfaction bgs is great. Pls consider also crossfaction World pvp as raid vs raid on World bosses is cancer. Your crossfactipn group Getting ganked is also cancer when you basically break rules if you heal your teammate

3. I disagree on buffing pvp gear to the level of aq or naxx gear. Pvp should not be an alternative gearing system to replace raiding. Make the current gear easier to get.

Shoc

Post by Shoc » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:58 am

Crossfaction BGs are a very bad idea. As if ppl didnt cry enough about paladins, now imagine Paladin with Windfury in BGs. Totally broken. Please dont do Crossfaction BG. Also we alliance will have to fight horde with 50% paladin teams.
Dont to Crossfaction BG. dont! just dont

Also would be nice, if we got back our "Most earned rank" ?
So i wont have to start it from the bottom again :(
Last edited by Shoc on Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:00 am

Just exdlue shaman and pala from crossfaction and fixed

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:27 am

The decay change is a good addition, I'm looking forward to the PvP rewards being expanded smiling_turtle

Cross-faction PvP;

I think we should consider that it's a roleplaying server, there is this false idea that roleplaying involves only PvE, but that is not true, faction conflict is the foundation of the warcraft lore as well as the foundation of PvP in wow.

Personally, I prefer slightly longer queue then fighting the members of my faction just for the sake of fighting. In arenas it'd perhaps make sense, and some cross-faction interaction because of diplomacy makes sense.
Even cross-faction PvE in specific situations is understandable, the Horde and Alliance joined forces in the past to overcome a common threat, or cooperate on an individual level.

Even if there would be a mercenary system, where one can sign up to to be one and fight for both sides, everyone would sign up for slightly faster queues, even those that aren't fond of the idea, if it is happening and they are fighting their faction members anyway, it'd make no difference not signing up. Mercenary would become not the exception but the norm.
(the Paladin-Shaman is not something that worries me because I'd like Undead Paladins and Dwarf Shamans, with adequate racial changes of course)

I wouldn't want cross-faction battlegrounds (and especially not xfaction world pvp), not in the past with 200 people online, and especially not with thousands now, it is in my opinion unnecessary, there would have to be an exception, perhaps a new battleground where it makes sense (one in Silithus where C'thun drove the players insane for example).

There is a reason why those battlegrounds happen, in the lore, and the players are part of that world, there shouldn't be this kind of disconnect. Arenas are the only instanced PvP where the player is there for the sake of fighting and even there it'd be reasonable to expect your partner to be from your faction, unless you are forced to fight, but battlegrounds are very different, it is like an organised world pvp battle.

The equivalent of cross-faction bgs would be adding spawns of mobs in dungeons that make no sense there whatsoever, for example scarlet crusaders in RFC or lepper gnomes in BFD, only to have more loot... even there you could more easily retcon the dungeon than to justify a full scale crossfaction pvp.

Only way I see it being a good idea is if there was a significant trafeoff for betraying ones faction, like a big cost in all friendly races reputations every time one becomes a mercenary, and it could go below friendly, and the player would become an outlaw, only friendly with a new crossfaction mercenary faction, and it'd take some sort of effort to regain the trust of your former comrades. Also mercenaries would gain half of the honor, and killing them would reward twice the honor.

The Roman Empire used to hire members of the hostile "barbarian" tribes as mercenaries, and they couldn't just return afterwards to their homeland as if nothing happened, if they have betrayed them and sided with the enemy in a battle a day before.
Last edited by Mativh on Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:00 am

I agreed xfaction BGs sound like a bad idea

At the very least don't allow shamans and pallys to play together for both balance and role playing reasons.

Makes this not vanilla anymore.

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:13 am

Akalix wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:40 am
PvP on Turtle WoW: Concepts and Upcoming Changes

Rank Decay: Allowing breaks.
While we are proponents of the competitiveness of the Vanilla PvP system we know the current system is too punishing for players that can't dedicate large amounts time without breaks to PvPing. Thus, you can no longer drop PvP ranks by decaying. Decay still happens but your total amount of RP will never drop below the minimum amount of RP required for your current rank. To check the minimum RP for any given rank, refer to the reply here: viewtopic.php?p=67819#p67819

Mercenaries: Adding crossfaction to battlegrounds.
This is a change we are looking to add to provide quicker queuetimes and allow re-filling of deserted slots. The age of our realm causes a great disparity in gear within battlegrounds, thus we are looking into ways to use this to balance out teams better.

PvP Rewards: Adding depth to PvP itemization.
The current pool of options for PvP gear is fairly limited currently. We are looking to add further depth into this gearing system in the future to allow more gearing diversity from PvP rewards, enabling them to keep up with PvE players.

These changes will all be implemented in various stages of the 1.17.x patch cycle, starting with Rank Decay changes coming on the launch of 1.17.0

This is MASSIVE! Thank you so much turtle devs those are some much needed changes.

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:16 am

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of texts...

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:19 am

Only thing i'm ambivalent on is the mercenaries thing. Don't like that at all. Keep at least one thing Alliance vs Horde.

Everything else is good.

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:28 am

Satirical wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:19 am
Only thing i'm ambivalent on is the mercenaries thing. Don't like that at all. Keep at least one thing Alliance vs Horde.

Everything else is good.

We literally have cross faction parties but you guys lose it at cross faction bg's? Lol definitely no anti pvp agenda behind your sentiment.

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:10 am

I don't mind PVP at all. Just don't think it's lore friendly to do mercenaries. And I literally said everything else was good so I dont know where you got whatever you're screeching about.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:23 am

Yidhra wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:56 am
So will there be PvP class balance patches now as well?
No, because now paladins and shamans are on both sides turtle_tongue_head
Satirical wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:10 am
I don't mind PVP at all. Just don't think it's lore friendly to do mercenaries.

But do read into something that isn't there.
Faction war is not lore friendly to begin with. At the end of Warcraft III, all factions have suffered immense losses, have just defeated an intergalactic threat. The only way they managed to BARELY do this is by working together. It was only a temporary setback for the Legion however. The idea that after only a few years they would be at war again is completely ridiculous, especially when you consider the Lich King is still out there and more powerful than ever before...

In that light I've always viewed faction conflict in Turtle more as skirmishes, minor conflicts. Plus I do not see why the occasional shaman could not have beef with the undead or why the occasional paladin would not much value the night elves' forests. And honestly, humans teaming up with tauren is no more ridiculous than undead teaming up with orcs or night elves teaming up with dwarves... the vanilla factions were clearly created with gameplay intentions rather than lore reasons. It would have been cool to have four factions but alas!

Plus as others have said, teaming up in PvE is fine but not PvP?

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:27 am

PVE teaming makes sense since like you said, adventurers teaming up to destroy bigger threats.

PVP, why would a human help out the orcs when they'd probably just kill him instead? and why woud a tauren help out the dwarves when they destroy the land? and undead teaming with orcs/NE and drawves are mainly about helping out the Horde/Alliance members? they're undermining themselves by working for the other side.

Classic did have a thing where you could fight the same members of your faction but you had a "mask" on that made you look like the other side, i thought it was silly then but hey ho. it's all one mans opinion, i'd be fine either way, and i didn't even say i didn't like it, i said was ambivalent towards it, it may be good, it may not be, also re-reading what I said, I did say I didn't like it, maybe that was too strong of a thing to say

Edit for clarification

Remorsxz

Post by Remorsxz » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:06 am

i see no reason not to add mercenary mode for BGs
like, u can have ur "alliance vs horde" in world pvp, although cross-faction grouping is allowed here, but playing a battleground is more about winning and checking up points/flags instead of "i will kill those nasty orcs let me at them"
reducing BG queue timers is the greatest idea ever

we can also put it the other way - if i, as a paladin, can team up with the horde in pve, and most of my friends are horde, why should i be forced to fighting them in BGs? why shouldn't i be able to team up with them there as well?

and the cries that pve gear should always be better and not equal - kekw

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 am

Remorsxz wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:06 am
i see no reason not to add mercenary mode for BGs
like, u can have ur "alliance vs horde" in world pvp, although cross-faction grouping is allowed here, but playing a battleground is more about winning and checking up points/flags instead of "i will kill those nasty orcs let me at them"
reducing BG queue timers is the greatest idea ever

we can also put it the other way - if i, as a paladin, can team up with the horde in pve, and most of my friends are horde, why should i be forced to fighting them in BGs? why shouldn't i be able to team up with them there as well?

and the cries that pve gear should always be better and not equal - kekw
What world pvp? Its a pve server…
Last edited by Charanko on Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Remorsxz

Post by Remorsxz » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:58 am

opt in for warmode and u have it

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:14 am

Remorsxz wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:58 am
opt in for warmode and u have it
What makes you think im not perma warmode since lvl 1?
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Remorsxz

Post by Remorsxz » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:28 am

i didnt think