Rated blood ring

Steakhouse

Re: Rated blood ring

Post by Steakhouse » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:42 am

Noshu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:38 am
yea, just ignore balance and give us the rated arenas. It's not like adding rated are going to make the server less fun or playable
Why would rated arenas have an effect on the server's fun or playability ? Just don't play it if you don't like it ?

What I'm trying to point out is that arena-perfect balance is gonna take way too many ressources from twow for a feature that isn't really part of their mission statement, so I'd personally be fine with rated arenas with the current class balance. I never said "ignore balance", either.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Steakhouse wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:42 am
Noshu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:38 am
yea, just ignore balance and give us the rated arenas. It's not like adding rated are going to make the server less fun or playable
Why would rated arenas have an effect on the server's fun or playability ? Just don't play it if you don't like it ?

What I'm trying to point out is that arena-perfect balance is gonna take way too many ressources from twow for a feature that isn't really part of their mission statement, so I'd personally be fine with rated arenas with the current class balance. I never said "ignore balance", either.
yea totally agree and thats what I meant, idk if you misunderstood me

Steakhouse

Post by Steakhouse » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 pm

I think I misread sarcasm lol

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:49 pm

Steakhouse wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 pm
I think I misread sarcasm lol
It's okay, as long as we get rated arenas

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:07 pm

Shouldn't be a thing till class balance is back to 1.12 or better

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:35 pm

we need rated arenas, 3v3 and bring 2v2 back pls.

and pls prohibit 2x or 3x palas q at the same time this is crazy.....

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:41 pm

Tendies wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:07 pm
So true, because in 1.12.. thats when class balance was SPOT ON. Dumbest comment in this thread, hands down.

Add rated, if for nothing else, to make the class imbalances shine through in data instead of a thread popping up here and there. Mages on top, baby!

Sidenote: With all the money this project is raking in I would LOVE to see a developer assigned to making class changes, full time.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:27 pm

Mackylol wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:41 pm
Tendies wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:07 pm
So true, because in 1.12.. thats when class balance was SPOT ON. Dumbest comment in this thread, hands down.

Add rated, if for nothing else, to make the class imbalances shine through in data instead of a thread popping up here and there. Mages on top, baby!

Sidenote: With all the money this project is raking in I would LOVE to see a developer assigned to making class changes, full time.
+1

Tastinggoman

Post by Tastinggoman » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:57 am

we need 3v3 and 2v2 arenas with ELO system.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:05 am

Tastinggoman wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:57 am
we need 3v3 and 2v2 arenas with ELO system.
Yes please, it would be so sick. Regardless of balancing

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:52 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:35 pm
we need rated arenas, 3v3 and bring 2v2 back pls.

and pls prohibit 2x or 3x palas q at the same time this is crazy.....
Just give the rated arenas, balancing can be done separately

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:00 pm

Rated arenas plox, pvp is so inactive now since server pop has decreased :(

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:15 pm

Saw pvp changes on the 2024-2025 timeline, rated arenas please! <3

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 am

Please make rated arenas or T-wow won't be able to compete with the pvp scene on epoch wow

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:07 am

Rated arenas please

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am

Im afraid a lot of pvp players will jump ship and go to epoch wow since they will provide better PvP content. Turtle really needs to do something about this in order to keep their pvp community on turtle

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:43 pm

I came to TWoW / Tel'Abim thinking there would be arenas like in TBC, but with WoW Classic content... It's my fault, I read too quickly, because it turns out it's just a 3v3 BG.

However, for an arena system that isn't too frustrating, it would need:

1/ Cross-faction & cross-server
For the variety: otherwise, we'll ALWAYS end up against the same teams (it's expected at high ratings, but frustrating at low-medium ratings)

2/ PvP gear purchasable with honor / arena points
To be competitive against the AQ/Naxx gear from Nordanaar

3/ More arenas
At least those from TBC, but I imagine we could also adapt Gurubashi? or create others - it would be a highlight of TWoW)

I'm not certain, but it feels like without these three elements, the rated blood ring would only be fun for a small minority of players.

However, even though I push for better wPvP (see the other dedicated topic), I must confess I would loooooove for rated arenas to make their way to TWoW (it's a quick/easy way to do PvP when you're in a period where you can't spend too much time on WoW). The two aspects aren't incompatible.

PS: I would also love rated BGs (in which PvP guilds could specialize, in addition to wPvP, instead of raids), but that would require a far larger player base.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:13 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:43 pm
I came to TWoW / Tel'Abim thinking there would be arenas like in TBC, but with WoW Classic content... It's my fault, I read too quickly, because it turns out it's just a 3v3 BG.

For the variety: otherwise, we'll ALWAYS end up against the same teams (it's expected at high ratings, but frustrating at low-medium ratings)

3/ More arenas
At least those from TBC, but I imagine we could also adapt Gurubashi? or create others - it would be a highlight of TWoW)

I'm not certain, but it feels like without these three elements, the rated blood ring would only be fun for a small minority of players.

However, even though I push for better wPvP (see the other dedicated topic), I must confess I would loooooove for rated arenas to make their way to TWoW (it's a quick/easy way to do PvP when you're in a period where you can't spend too much time on WoW). The two aspects aren't incompatible.

PS: I would also love rated BGs (in which PvP guilds could specialize, in addition to wPvP, instead of raids), but that would require a far larger player base.
Yea man, I agree with everything you say. Rated content is a must have, and a complete overhaul of the pvp gears. Now with T4 etc coming, it'll be even more relevant.

That they havent added crossfaction pvp in bgs/bloodring yet is beyond me. Why the hell not? Everything else is crossfaction on the server. Also atm horde queuetimes are long af... If there was crossfaction queuetimes would be fast and equal for both factions.

Also im sick of competing against 500 chinese top ladder rankers who play 24/7. The vanilla pvp system is trash, I'd much rather see honor+arenapoints like in tbc and forward as well

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:00 am

Ragetto wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:43 pm

3/ More arenas

I feel sorry for you for picking tel'abim btw. That world must be really empty?

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:37 am

Noshu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:00 am
Yes, a bit. It has its advantages in some areas (e.g., farming :) ), but also all the drawbacks you can imagine... and maybe worse. It's quite strange, I don't feel like I'm playing 'for real' yet that's exactly what I want.

During peak hours, Orgrimmar is quite lively, but the world overall feels a bit empty.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 am

Ragetto wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:37 am
Noshu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:00 am
Yes, a bit. It has its advantages in some areas (e.g., farming :) ), but also all the drawbacks you can imagine... and maybe worse. It's quite strange, I don't feel like I'm playing 'for real' yet that's exactly what I want.

During peak hours, Orgrimmar is quite lively, but the world overall feels a bit empty.
Yea, its a pity that the tel'abim population has declined so heavily. I doubt it will get better :/
You should come to Nordanaar instead, at least we have occational BGs. Hopefully they do something about pvp soon, or I wont stay for much longer when alternative servers seem to do this a lot better.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:24 am

Noshu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 am
Yea, its a pity that the tel'abim population has declined so heavily. I doubt it will get better :/
You should come to Nordanaar instead, at least we have occational BGs. Hopefully they do something about pvp soon, or I wont stay for much longer when alternative servers seem to do this a lot better.
If there's no migration, I won't go to Nordanaar. I don't have the desire or the time to restart from scratch; I've already changed my daily routines in the past two months just to level up/equip my character.

I came back to WoW after a 10-year break purely out of nostalgia, got to re-experience it, and it was really cool... but what I would have liked to do was to have a sufficiently equipped character and do some PvP from time to time. That's what I did in WoTLK before I stopped, and it was great.

Seems that's not possible on TWoW. Great project though, just not for me

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:01 am

Ragetto wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:24 am
Noshu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 am
If there's no migration, I won't go to Nordanaar. I don't have the desire or the time to restart from scratch; I've already changed my daily routines in the past two months just to level up/equip my character.

I came back to WoW after a 10-year break purely out of nostalgia, got to re-experience it, and it was really cool... but what I would have liked to do was to have a sufficiently equipped character and do some PvP from time to time. That's what I did in WoTLK before I stopped, and it was great.

Seems that's not possible on TWoW. Great project though, just not for me
And turtle lost another one of their players due to it's underwhelming pvp scene... Hope u come back some day m8!

Rikkavil

Post by Rikkavil » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:00 am

I think Noshu's comments are thoughtful and well-placed. Also, I don't see any suggestions that would be anything but beneficial to the fairly bland Turtle pvp environment. We need competition. We are humans, and we enjoy competing in various facets of our lives. And while we are doing so, we want to feel rewarded. In WoW, we compete in dps metres, with loot awards, mount collections, catwalks, and the skill required to outperform another player in pvp.

I've been a member of the Turtle PVP community for 11 months, and like Noshu, I've reached the BIS'hines on my character. Unfortunately, the power my character eliminates contestants is depressing. It makes me feel bored as I am not challenged. The main cause of the unbalance is the difference in gear. Naxx, over rank 11 and AQ40 geared players should only compete against one another. Ranked matches may help to address this issue.

However, what I've recently observed is a complete hibernation in the pvp community. We have 5500 players online, and AB wait times range from 30 to 60 minutes. That means that fewer than one percent of gamers (one person per hundred players) are queuing. The message could be read in two ways: 1. Players on this Turtle server dislike pvp. 2. The state of pvp is poor and not worth the time commitment.

Recently, I achieved an exalted reputation in every single pvp faction. My reward for putting in so much dedicated time, which is more than going 20 times on every single raid (months of time investment because you can only enter 40-man raids once a week), is _nothing_. Not one item on the reputation table is superior to my naxxxxxx's. I did not even get a title! And I say "dedicated time" since my name will appear most if not every time top on the battleground's farewell board. I strive for win by keeping my mind engaged while playing, deciding which strategies to use versus which opponent. How to defeat, how to protect my team, and how to take advantage of the environment.

!! This is a personal message to the Turtle development team: Please hire someone that is pvp-oriented and cares about the pvp community while also being responsible for developing the future of Turtle pvp environment. I strongly advise you not to do it on your own with the team you currently have, as my nearly a year of experience on the Turtle wow server has shown that you are unqualified to truly understand the soul of the player vs. player environment. Or you just don't care.

My character's name is Arumm. Please say hello if you see me online.

Also, please treat Warcraft PvP as a friendly competition. Like two beach volleyball teams competing against each other. They do not spit or yell at one other; instead, they work together to entertain the audience by providing good struggle. Struggles are made by not giving up the fight until the time is end, the whistle is blown or the opponent team has reached a score which ends the game. Fight till the end. Make yourself proud of yourself!

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:36 pm

Noshu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:01 am
nd turtle lost another one of their players due to it's underwhelming pvp scene... Hope u come back some day m8!
I'm not going to leave TWoW in the very short term; there are still a few things I want to do (even though the ranking grind system is truly horrendous) turtle_tongue_head

I'm just foreseeing that in a few weeks I'll really have nothing interesting/useful left to do as a PvP player. At this moment, I'll leave.

However, I'll leave behind a fairly well-equipped character, ready to be played again if there ever were something new (like rated arenas! or anything that offers a bit of a challenge - or just a merge of the two servers)

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:58 pm

I like the idea of rated arenas a lot and do agree it would be a unique vanilla feature which could draw people here to play pvp.

Some ideas

1. Make this for AB and WSG too
2. Make it so it doesn't split population but instead rewards people trying hard (so everyone gets a rating and feeders rating is just always 0ish)
3. Make invon (ice block, lips, bubble, bop) on a 2 minute cooldown for all other invon. Having a mage that ice blocks twice then lips isn't really fun or even closer to balanced.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:00 pm

Ragetto wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:36 pm
Noshu wrote:
nd turtle lost another one of their players due to it's underwhelming pvp scene... Hope u come back some day m8!
I'm not going to leave TWoW in the very short term; there are still a few things I want to do (even though the ranking grind system is truly horrendous) turtle_tongue_head

I'm just foreseeing that in a few weeks I'll really have nothing interesting/useful left to do as a PvP player. At this moment, I'll leave.

However, I'll leave behind a fairly well-equipped character, ready to be played again if there ever were something new (like rated arenas! or anything that offers a bit of a challenge - or just a merge of the two servers)
This perfectly describes all vanilla pvp, get to the rank you want then quit due to exhaustion or nothing else to earn.

Why honor as a currency, pvp consumes, and and rated play makes a lot of sense. Makes it forever playable like how you would play dota or something.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:07 pm

Plenty of good suggestions in this thread, I would be happy if just one of these things could be implemented sometime soon or in the not all too distant future.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:28 am

Ragetto wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:36 pm
Noshu wrote:

Alright m8, hope you can come back in the future and enjoy the game again :)

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Elleshar wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:07 pm
Plenty of good suggestions in this thread, I would be happy if just one of these things could be implemented sometime soon or in the not all too distant future.
Yeah I hope so too m8. We need some updates to the pvp

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:23 am

Tinyplease wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:18 pm
lmao "paladin bad cuz orc racial"
Idiocy
not just that, most paladins are complete shit in arena

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 am

Krotux wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:23 am
Tinyplease wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:18 pm
lmao "paladin bad cuz orc racial"
Idiocy
not just that, most paladins are complete shit in arena
Yea, imo just ignore class balance and add rated arenas. Would be fun even if it's imbalanced

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:33 am

fix pvp please

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm

If rated arenas were ever to become a thing, should consumes maybe be restricted to just conjured items like it is in retail?

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:14 pm

Elleshar wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm
If rated arenas were ever to become a thing, should consumes maybe be restricted to just conjured items like it is in retail?
Like in TBC/WotLK, I would say, meaning a limitation on the types of consumables as well as spells with too long cooldowns.

Excessive use of powerful consumables would ruin everything, I believe.

But well, until we get to that point...