Nighthaven as a Minor Capital

Abundance

Nighthaven as a Minor Capital

Post by Abundance » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:04 pm

It’s no secret that Moonglade never really sees any visitor besides the odd druid that uses it as an alternative hearthstone and that it serves no specific purpose besides housing a handful of quests and a yearly event. (Although the same could be said for any other capital city taking into account our population, but anyhow.)

To encourage player activity, as well as communication between druid players I think it would be interesting if Nighthaven could mimic the Steamwheedle towns by having an inn, banking, mailbox and auction house service as well as general supplies/trade goods and reagents vendor.

This would be completely within the confines of the lore as it used to be the capital of the night elves before the planting of Teldrassil and foundation of Darnassus, as well as playing a significant role as the capital of the Cenarion Circle.

Furthermore it wouldn’t divert any significant attention from any other city in the game (including the Steamwheedle Cartel affiliated towns) due to its remote location and lack of mass transit, which makes it a less desirable destination for the non-druid player.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this! :)
Last edited by Abundance on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arraya

Re: Nighthaven as a Minor Capital

Post by Arraya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:56 pm

Wow, this is a really good idea. I've always loved Nighthaven and having it become slightly more useful will be a great boon! Hopefully, they do so, because its a very good point.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:23 pm

"an inn, banking, mailbox and auction house service as well as general supplies/trade goods and reagents vendor."

I agree that there should be an inn, mailbox, general / trade good supplies and a reagent vendor. However, I don't see banks and auction houses as something that would make sense for a group of druids to have. Druid are not very materialistic, so I don't see them operating as bankers or auction house traders.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Nice idea, let's improve this zone a bit :)

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm

Some better coloring for a zone first:

Before:

After:

Abundance

Post by Abundance » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:12 am

I am glad you took the time to look at my suggestion, and happier still it was accepted!

If it is any help, I wouldn’t mind creating the NPCS myself to spare you additional work besides placing them in the town.

Again, thank you so much!

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:40 am

Hmm, I kind of wish for it to have the old skybox. Without that iconic lightning, Moonglade just doesn't feel like Moonglade anymore and I think it's important to keep the area retain its identity.

Azjael

Post by Azjael » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:11 pm

I agree with Arraya, there's something about that lighting that makes it very mesmerizing, I think it should remain the same. But maybe we as the players can find a way to make the zone more active, for instance, those of us that have Druids can set a day to meet IC and RP, and this could be a weekly thing. Like a council or something like that.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Oof, the lighting needs to go back to the original. Now it just looks like Darkshore?
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri May 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Alright, you won.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 pm

I already crafted a green googles to imitate the green light.