Should I start now or wai for eu pvp server?

Algeri420

Should I start now or wai for eu pvp server?

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:24 pm

Hello, Im new and I cant choose on which server I should play. eu server seem really big but Im affraid that it might lost big chunk of population when pvp server is relased. Anyway creating new server when we have nice one is kinda stupid idea (just turn warmode on and you will have wpvp wary_turtle_head ). I hope that both servers are decently populated tho. Im fan of wpvp so I dunno what to do.

Crunshy1512

Re: Should I start now or wai for eu pvp server?

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:38 pm

Wait for eu2, like all of us. Demand information on launch

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:19 pm

Just play on the original server with warmode on. You'll find enough wpvp if you actually bother fighting people. On top of that, it gives a 30% XP boost, so you're levelling faster. Plus, there's a lot of community there since it's been out since 2018.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:28 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:19 pm
Just play on the original server with warmode on. You'll find enough wpvp if you actually bother fighting people. On top of that, it gives a 30% XP boost, so you're levelling faster. Plus, there's a lot of community there since it's been out since 2018.
I was hinking about doing exaclly that but Im affraid that majority of pvpers gonna change to pvp server and Im going to be left with pvers or even worse, egnish speaking community is splited beween two servers.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:35 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:28 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
I was hinking about doing exaclly that but Im affraid that majority of pvpers gonna change to pvp server and Im going to be left with pvers or even worse, egnish speaking community is splited beween two servers.
English players (For the most part I hope) actually won't be as split as you think. The server's just gonna end up flooded with chinese like the current one, even if there's been measures taken to make SEA realms more appealing to them. Now, as for PvP, you're probably right, but I'm pretty sure the server's gonna be fresh. Meaning all those people who've naxx geared themselves and spent all their time ranking won't want to leave just to start over.

Quick edit: So yeah, we'll probably lose a lot of PvPers...

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:13 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:35 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:28 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
English players (For the most part I hope) actually won't be as split as you think. The server's just gonna end up flooded with chinese like the current one, even if there's been measures taken to make SEA realms more appealing to them. Now, as for PvP, you're probably right, but I'm pretty sure the server's gonna be fresh. Meaning all those people who've naxx geared themselves and spent all their time ranking won't want to leave just to start over.

Quick edit: So yeah, we'll probably lose a lot of PvPers...
tbh new server should be for hc players since normal players and hc players steal each other mobs and are pain in arse for eachoher

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:28 pm

It is not even certain there will be a new EU server at all

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:45 pm

Harkus wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:28 pm
It is not even certain there will be a new EU server at all
what? I thought its 100% confirmed

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:25 pm

I think it would happen,because they promised it but only no is on discussing.I expect they would have us a nice releam,even is not perfect,but we could make it happen then make it better,finally it would be perfect!

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:26 pm

WOW,especially en 60,PVP is really important part of the game

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:19 pm

Wpvp on a crossfaction severr is mood without ffa mode like in stv arena. I wish the woukd change thaz in the pve serve too. Woukd make way more sense and fun.

About the server, still hoping shang changes his mind and allows hc realm. A server like classic hc if free trade, ah, working lft and hardcore 60 without the need of inferno mode and with an optional transfer to normal servers at 60.

Imo, this should have prio over a pvp server

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:38 pm

New server soon?

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:47 pm

They sure as hell are giving us the radio silence treatment on eu2...

Daedric

Post by Daedric » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:48 pm

They just opened an SEA PvP realm as per the announcements. Only makes sense an EU one will soon follow. I sincerely hope that's the case, as myself, and many others have fond memories of PvP servers, and am hoping to find somewhere to settle down for a long, long time. I'm honestly grateful the Dev team is as active as they are and are willing to accommodate different playing styles. I'd love to call Turtle WoW my home for many years to come, as other servers have come and gone.

viewtopic.php?p=66580#p66580
The SEA realm (https://cn.turtle-wow.org/) Blood Ring has been officially launched, offering a PvP gaming experience! There are a few differences that set this realm apart from our usual realms in terms of gameplay.

There is no crossfaction interaction in any form. This means that you cannot chat, group, trade, or join guilds with players from the opposite faction.

The honor rewards for killing City Leaders have been increased by a rate of 1.5.

War Mode is not available on this realm, as it becomes obsolete in a PvP environment.

Hardcore Mode is not available on this realm.

We have set a different minimum player requirement to start battlegrounds. Warsong Gulch: 8 players, Arathi Basin: 10 players, Alterac Valley: 30 players.

We also have other upcoming changes PvP scheduled to go live with the next Patch 1.17.0. Please note that many of these changes will require a client update: viewtopic.php?t=5391

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:45 pm

Daedric wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:48 pm
They just opened an SEA PvP realm as per the announcements. Only makes sense an EU one will soon follow. I sincerely hope that's the case, as myself, and many others have fond memories of PvP servers, and am hoping to find somewhere to settle down for a long, long time. I'm honestly grateful the Dev team is as active as they are and are willing to accommodate different playing styles. I'd love to call Turtle WoW my home for many years to come, as other servers have come and gone.

The SEA realm (https://cn.turtle-wow.org/) Blood Ring has been officially launched, offering a PvP gaming experience! There are a few differences that set this realm apart from our usual realms in terms of gameplay.

There is no crossfaction interaction in any form. This means that you cannot chat, group, trade, or join guilds with players from the opposite faction.

The honor rewards for killing City Leaders have been increased by a rate of 1.5.

War Mode is not available on this realm, as it becomes obsolete in a PvP environment.

We have set a different minimum player requirement to start battlegrounds. Warsong Gulch: 8 players, Arathi Basin: 10 players, Alterac Valley: 30 players.

We also have other upcoming changes PvP scheduled to go live with the next Patch 1.17.0. Please note that many of these changes will require a client update: viewtopic.php?t=5391
crap, thats bad, now we gonna have two badly populated servers. Wanna have wpvp? turn on pvp. Even worse thing is how unbalanced alliance is to horde. Its gonna be 65A/35H since high elves and retardly OP paladins

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:52 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:45 pm
Daedric wrote:

crap, thats bad, now we gonna have two badly populated servers. Wanna have wpvp? turn on pvp. Even worse thing is how unbalanced alliance is to horde. Its gonna be 65A/35H since high elves and retardly OP paladins

You sure have strong opionions for someone that's "new"

lol.

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:54 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:52 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Daedric wrote:

lol.
do you believe everything you read on internets? Im not new and been playing on this server for he past year but on different accounts insidious_turtle . Just wanted to check what people thinks lol.

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 pm

I'll make it quick because you're "new"

We want a pvp server because warmode does absolutely nothing.

Most people that have warmode on just have it on for their 30% exp buff.
Most people on the current server are not interested in PVP infact they hate pvp and go out of their way to refuse any interaction regarding to pvp as a result bg's are absolutely dead apart from a tiny tiny few.

You cannot have pvp oriented gameplay on a massively pve oriented server and that's fine, that's why when devs proposed a pvp server we were all immensely happy. A lot of people are waiting on the fence for the pvp server and will not play on the pve server because its not geared towards how they want to play nor is the community very accepting of the pvp community.

Therefor your response with just turn warmode on lulz is shortsighted and flatout stupid lol.

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:02 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:54 pm
Feetlover444 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:52 pm
Algeri420 wrote:

lol.
do you believe everything you read on internets? Im not new and been playing on this server for he past year but on different accounts insidious_turtle . Just wanted to check what people thinks lol.
Yeah I guessed so from your very first message you very much framed that message in quite the hostile way towards the new upcoming pvp server it's fairly obvious you're not new at all and are just trying to turn Dev sentiment around lel

Algeri420

Post by Algeri420 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:06 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 pm
I'll make it quick because you're "new"

We want a pvp server because warmode does absolutely nothing.

Most people that have warmode on just have it on for their 30% exp buff.
Most people on the current server are not interested in PVP infact they hate pvp and go out of their way to refuse any interaction regarding to pvp as a result bg's are absolutely dead apart from a tiny tiny few.

You cannot have pvp oriented gameplay on a massively pve oriented server and that's fine, that's why when devs proposed a pvp server we were all immensely happy. A lot of people are waiting on the fence for the pvp server and will not play on the pve server because its not geared towards how they want to play nor is the community very accepting of the pvp community.

Therefor your response with just turn warmode on lulz is shortsighted and flatout stupid lol.
lmao xD, if devs dont do anything about faction inbalance then its going to be fun just watching it burning, even as a mainly pvp player, I think that pvp server is just stupid Idea and waste of everyones time if devs dont nerf paladins and do somehing about faction inbalance.

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:06 pm

All we need is eu2

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:07 pm

No, no, we need Jesus.