Armored Azure Drake and other dragons...

Jmilesi

Re: Armored Azure Drake and other dragons...

Post by Jmilesi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:37 pm

Isn't The invincible the obvious choice here?

Aaryln

Post by Aaryln » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:55 pm

I think a solution that would avoid needing more model customization work for the team would be to use some of the unobtainable mounts of early WoW:

- The Bengal Tiger is quite an iconic mount due to urban legends and its legacy in modern WoW, it would probably fit Alliance Immortals.
- As for Horde Immortals, either the Venomhide Ravasaur (Horde counterpart of the Winterspring Tiger, supposed to be added in Vanilla but actually added in WOTLK), or if it's difficult to import / too HD, the Ivory Raptor which is in the Vanilla files and looks pretty great.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was downloading the client, those are already in-game lol
Last edited by Aaryln on Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryln - Leveling Hunter Main

Kaiowa

Post by Kaiowa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:13 pm

I'm not biased on the drake mount tbh, it's cool but wouldnt mind another mount when I reach 60 HC either. As long as it stands out and shows the achievement the players have made.

However removing it for "lore" reasons doesn't seem realistic imo considering people can ride round on a cartoon cloud? haha

If the drake is to be removed, my top options to replace would be:

Mammoth from WotlK
Talbuk from BC

Sticking to vanilla:
Sewer Beast
Goblin Mech
STV Gorilla

Qvberzelt

Post by Qvberzelt » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:42 pm

The Bronze Stalker
Do you still want a drake without wing ?
Hehehe~
What a good comprise, isn't ?
So, this is my second choice, by at least it's now my favorite: Warpstalker.

Yes, it's from TBC, but it can perfectly feet on Vanilla for some reasons, if TWoW's Staff are intrigued with it, it's possible to take the same Lore from this specie, and already put in Vanilla, for many reasons, like orcs.

Remember about red dragonflight in trouble with the (Dark) Horde, in Warcraft 2 ? Initialy, the Blackrock clan have many sub-clan, as Blacktooth Grin for assassination and spy's stuff; here, i am talking about another sub-clan, Dragonmaw, as you can see or think about them, they're already here in-game, Wetlands (Grim'batol, too). Well they're trying to tame many dragons and drakes, don't forget it, they're under the command of the Warchief Rend Blackhand. Rend Blackhand "serves" Nefarian aswell, Nefarian is one of the most popular vilain in Vanilla, he's a black wyrm but also a great scientist.

I am not gonna lie, I don't like Cataclysm but we saw many good things about his great works, reviving Onyxia is a thing too, but even at Vanilla, he creates a weird chromatic dragonflight (Dunno why it's a Flight because no one can speak for them, they're just beasts). Nefarian is trying to stole or capture breeder for more eggs, from every Flights, so why not a failed experience ? It happens, as a great scientist he's, in the beginning, he failed.

Then, the Black Dragonflight do many thing at this era, what about Nozdormu's one ? Someone from the Bronze dragonflight can be involved to save some weird eggs from their flight or some (corrupted) bronze dragonsworn evolved into dragonspawn en then devolved into a quadriped creature and looks like a Warpstalker.
Beside it, at the end, Nozdormu himself can show up in front of you, blessing us with Immortality, he can take us in pity for 60th level of labor, like Herakles, a mortal becomes god.

Why he'll do something like that ? We're doing CoT:Black Morass at lvl60, guys, the Bronze Dragonflight do not trust any mortal, in fact its the most reclusive flight "We, Bronze, do not interferate with mortals", unless you're close to them as a Dragonsworn. By the way, the first druid as tauren, and Cenarius second apprentice is blessed by immortality, Xarantaur the Witness.

This is can be epic, your immortality is epic, claim egg from a twisted dragonspawn or failed dragonsworn, Nozdormu as witness rewarding you with immortality, unable to fix you with your own soul because she's lost in the Twisted Nether.
Maybe this Soul, your soul is used to as component for this weird experience ? You're linked with this "creature" ? A title and a mount, a blessing and your soul mate.

Here we are, I already saw it, to ride a Warp Stalker in Pserv at Woltk, I know it's not the same thing at Vanilla, but still very fun to ride it. Already done the experience.

I really hope you'll like my idea.

Ressources:
https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/spell=502 ... rp-stalker
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=20906/phase ... odelviewer (Might to be Revamped/Recolored if chosen, of course)
Last edited by Qvberzelt on Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters: Shendelzare - Agnishikha

Reservoirdog

Post by Reservoirdog » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:01 pm

I think that whatever the reward is has to be as unique and instantly recognizable as the azure drake. That said, I think a Cerebus fits perfectly with the theme of hardcore, and you could even have a quest to defeat/tame it once you hit 60. Something along the lines of you taming the cerebus to get your soul back, ect ect. I mean what would be cooler than a 3 headed hound mount that fits perfectly with the theme?

Raenidae

Post by Raenidae » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:12 pm

Personally, with how attached some HC players are to the azure drake, I think that even if the hardcore mount is changed for the future, players who have already earned it should be allowed to keep it as a sort of feat of strength.

In terms of a suggestion for a new mount, the jeweled panther has a pretty cool appearance imo

Cindervision

Post by Cindervision » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:09 am

I joined the server today and am on my way to make my first Hardcore character, and I stopped on the way to that glorious path only to post that I also support using the Dragon Turtles from Mists. Back when I played on live, they were my preferred ground mount for any circumstances I needed them in because of the amazing /mountspecial and I would love love LOVE to earn the right to ride those proud beasts again as an Immortal!

Thol

Post by Thol » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:57 am

What about a spectral turtle?
Would just need to slap the spectral shader on a regular vanilla turtle, no modeling/rigging required like that. smiling_turtle_head

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:48 pm

All these turtle suggestions should instead be the reward for the slow and steady mode, just saying

Thol

Post by Thol » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:40 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:48 pm
All these turtle suggestions should instead be the reward for the slow and steady mode, just saying
The project is called turtle wow, just saying satisfied_turtle_head

Chlupee

Post by Chlupee » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:52 pm

Sidwar wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:41 pm
Maybe get one free mount from turtle shop? and player is free to choose
There should br a unique mount for the HC challenge, otherwise it feels like you can just buy the rewards instead of going HC

There should be a unique mount that stands out while not being too annoying, the current dragon would work if you just change the size, esp of his wings

...or do something new, surprise us

Suthorian

Post by Suthorian » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:21 pm

I would suggest changing the dragon for Image
This is the:
Great Thunder Dragon Turtle

This is an unused look. This appearance has never been available on a player mount.
Suthorian - Therabrim

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:13 pm

MoP's dragon turtle would be perfect. The natural evolution of your Torta.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:15 am

Aszura wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:51 pm
Crommush wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:56 pm
Another suggestion I have in mind is Spectral Steed for the Alliance

And Spectral Wolf for Hordies?
+1

These are the best options.
They fit the HC theme
This is probably the best replacement.

Notawen

Post by Notawen » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:13 pm

How about a dragon with six legs?

Exizefra

Post by Exizefra » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:43 pm

Suthorian wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:21 pm
This is the:

This is an unused look. This appearance has never been available on a player mount.
Vote for that by both hands! I think it's a perfect mount for a Immortal players. First, it looks great - cool, massive, brutal and with extra accesories, fit for a dudes who beat such a hard challenge. Second, it's a turtle - server mascot smiling_turtle . Third, it's a fully lore-friendly, even more than fel horses, ghost animals and other examples posted here (a truly unique creatures - give them to all Immortals is like giving them Invincibles); after all, it's logical - if there is common turtles on Azeroth why should't be a big drake turtles?
I think that's a great choice :)

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:01 pm

Exizefra wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:43 pm
Suthorian wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:21 pm
This is the:

Vote for that by both hands! I think it's a perfect mount for a Immortal players. First, it looks great - cool, massive, brutal and with extra accesories, fit for a dudes who beat such a hard challenge. Second, it's a turtle - server mascot smiling_turtle . Third, it's a fully lore-friendly, even more than fel horses, ghost animals and other examples posted here (a truly unique creatures - give them to all Immortals is like giving them Invincibles); after all, it's logical - if there is common turtles on Azeroth why should't be a big drake turtles?
I think that's a great choice :)
+1

Rakura

Post by Rakura » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:56 pm

Sorry but having a horse for alliance is just a waste. Horde get all the cool mounts to be fair. I'm also against the Shredder as there is another way or was to earn it. The dragon was a very unique way to earn something and it played into both sides.

Honestly, if other expansion models are possible I would say the follow for "lore" reasons:
lizard: https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/n ... nMount.jpg
Devilsaur: https://i.redd.it/2tgzkjk74t731.png

Overall the mount needs to be neutral so one side doesn't feel left out. I like the wolf and panther mounts for example. The above suggestions help solve the issue.

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:35 pm

- The red turtle would be good, after I propose that at level 60 the player can choose the color of the turtle at the end of the quest.

Versidue

Post by Versidue » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:12 pm

Honestly, I don't feel that a flying dragon is any more immersion breaking than the wildhammer gryphon mounts. (which ftr I do not think should be removed! they're cool!) It's a little immersion breaking because dragons are sentient, and there's no explanation for how you got it, though...

But a horse or dragon turtle just don't have the same "wow!" factor as the dragon, and it would be a real disappointment to get them, for me.

The Bronze Stalker warpstalker mount is my favorite suggestion by far, especially with a quest! And I definitely think that anyone who already had a dragon should get to keep theirs!
Skyshot - LVL 60 Immortal High Elf Hunter
Zennik - LVL 20+ Goblin Rogue
Starsoul - LVL 18+ Night Elf Priest
Dyrinn - Hardcore Dwarf Warrior

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:33 pm

If only Torta decide to bring us a Race only Mounts for the lvl 60 reward, that could be awesome, but No a horse ... dam good to know turtle servers is awesome, but the Imperial charger naaa we are lossing a really nice oportunity to have a race only mount reward. Who knows maybe a Real MVP Turtle Mount

Versidue

Post by Versidue » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:50 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:50 pm
Alternatively, I'd suggest this one: Image
I'm not sure why we were even asked if you guys were just going to go with your first idea XD

Like, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the server a lot. But jeez. Pretty bummed by this

Valste

Post by Valste » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:58 pm

Alternatively, instead of a mount, add in "legendary" skins for those who complete HC. Similar to how retail added those achievement sets. More options there.

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:09 am

Hey there!

We're very thankful for all the suggestions, we've looked at all of them and sadly had to exclude any models that are not compatible with the Vanilla client. We took into consideration that a mount has to stand out but be fit to all possible races and thus the outstanding looking charger was picked.

The Mysterious Stranger had their lore changed to represent this decision, as well as potentially play a role in future ideas. This ethereal being comes from the Tower of Karazhan, an equally mysterious place as the stranger himself. Rumored to travel between dimensions, collecting souls of those not strong enough to complete the challenge for his own nefarious purposes.

For those worthy enough to survive his guiles and whims, they are rewarded with a horse of Karazhan, the place in which he emerged to stalk the lands for new eager adventurers.

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:18 am

Jamey wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:09 am
Hey there!

We're very thankful for all the suggestions, we've looked at all of them and sadly had to exclude any models that are not compatible with the Vanilla client. We took into consideration that a mount has to stand out but be fit to all possible races and thus the outstanding looking charger was picked.
Very disappointing outcome, I don’t see a single soul advocating for this ”outstanding looking” horse. What happens to horde races, you want a tauren to ride this?

Versidue

Post by Versidue » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:19 am

...Alright, the karazhan thing is actually kind of cool, even if I find the horse unimpressive.
It would be neat if after you get your first hardcore character to 60, you could get tokens that you could use to buy cosmetic rewards (like different mounts!) from the mysterious stranger in karazhan

I do still think everyone who had their dragon should get to keep it, though
Last edited by Versidue on Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skyden

Post by Skyden » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:50 am

Furinkazan wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:18 am
Very disappointing outcome, I don’t see a single soul advocating for this ”outstanding looking” horse. What happens to horde races, you want a tauren to ride this?
I agree, the dragon looked better than a boring horse.

Gracekain

Post by Gracekain » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:22 am

Jamey wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:09 am
Hey there!

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:25 am

I agree, it's disappointing !

Gracekain

Post by Gracekain » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:34 am

These types of decisions do nothing but annoy the player base. If you want to change it, then change it. Do not ask for our input then completely ignore our suggestions and go with what you wanted in the first place.

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:44 am

Gracekain wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:34 am
These types of decisions do nothing but annoy the player base. If you want to change it, then change it. Do not ask for our input then completely ignore our suggestions and go with what you wanted in the first place.
It would be necessary to put a mount that is worth it to do the HC mode until level 60, the dragon was better than the horse ...

Thyx

Post by Thyx » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:51 am

You could always just issue a one time token and have a vendor to exchange this token for whatever mounts you release for the immortal run. That way people can still get the old or new mount that is issued.

Gerk

Post by Gerk » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:52 am

Hey, tell us what you guys think so we can completely ignore it. Image

Gracekain

Post by Gracekain » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:04 am

Thyx wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:51 am
You could always just issue a one time token and have a vendor to exchange this token for whatever mounts you release for the immortal run. That way people can still get the old or new mount that is issued.
A serious totally valid suggestion. 3+ HC mounts, issue a token for one of the three. People may also try for the other two.

Kazan Horse, Ivory Raptor, Reins of the Black War Bear

Mmoo

Post by Mmoo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 am

Disclaimer: I hate my new horse mount as ally.

People who have gotten the drake mount should be able to keep it, now that is blizz-like. Probably it was a mistake having a drake mount as a reward to start with, but it is even a bigger mistake to yoink it from everybody who has already fought hard to get it.

Also, I have browsed through every post in this thread and the people did NOT choose that the Kazan horse mount.