Turtle HD Project

Nico79486

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Nico79486 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:09 pm

This is a really good maj, ty for that !

W3w3w9

Post by W3w3w9 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:44 am

2 little questions. Why some of races skin colors, like troll or dworf turn models into dirt? Why orc models is low res?

Ardur

Post by Ardur » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:40 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for your efforts you put into this HD Mod, its a bliss to play with it on this Server (-:

Landoperk1

Post by Landoperk1 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:15 pm

Thanks for all the effort into these patches.

There's something in patch-A that causes aoe effects to stay on screen until you change maps or restart the client.
I've tested this with a fresh client download from TWoW and it's isolated to patch-A. I might have missed this posted already but I could not find anything.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:31 pm

Landoperk1 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:15 pm
Unrelated to the patch. Happens randomly to players on base game too.

Landoperk1

Post by Landoperk1 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:35 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:31 pm
Landoperk1 wrote:
Unrelated to the patch. Happens randomly to players on base game too.
Thanks for the reply.
Not arguing, just providing my experience.
Once Patch-A get's placed into a fresh data directory(no other modifications to the client/interface) the bug appears.
Remove Patch-A, bug disappears.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Try deleting your cache to see if this resolves the issue.

Ardur

Post by Ardur » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:57 pm

W3w3w9 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:44 am
2 little questions. Why some of races skin colors, like troll or dworf turn models into dirt? Why orc models is low res?
I noticed the same with the resolution/texture quality, not only for Orc Models but also Dwarves

Gullhc

Post by Gullhc » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:51 pm

Landoperk1 wrote:
Thanks for all the effort into these patches.

There's something in patch-A that causes aoe effects to stay on screen until you change maps or restart the client.
I've tested this with a fresh client download from TWoW and it's isolated to patch-A. I might have missed this posted already but I could not find anything.
Same Problem here. Tried several times and its 100% related to patch-A.

Glarthir

Post by Glarthir » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:00 pm

In theory, how hard would it be to convert the custom skins to HD? For example the hair colors. If I recoloured the vanilla hairs to fit the ones in this patch, would it be easy for you to include them? I'm not the best visual artist, but if you can give some pointers along the way, I'd be willing to give it a go :D

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:18 pm

Glarthir wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:00 pm
In theory, how hard would it be to convert the custom skins to HD? For example the hair colors. If I recoloured the vanilla hairs to fit the ones in this patch, would it be easy for you to include them? I'm not the best visual artist, but if you can give some pointers along the way, I'd be willing to give it a go :D
Custom skins we see now exists in retail too

Xigbclutchix

Post by Xigbclutchix » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:08 pm

Seems like the Swift Grey Steed mount texture is broken, is it possible to fix?

Image of it:

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:55 am

If current custom skins exist in retail, they would need to be extracted from CASC, downported for vanilla, and then I could attempt to add them to patch-A.
Gullhc wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:51 pm
This has been addressed a number of times, and while I am not saying that it is not happening before applying patch-A and then happening after patch-A, I can assure you that this issue is not exclusive to or caused 100% consistently to all players by applying patch-A. Staff addressed these complaints on and off long before my patch was made available, and an exact cause was never narrowed down. Some combination of graphics settings, cache clearing, and other unknown variables seem to cause this.

I have a friend who has with and without patch-A had this issue at various times over the last year, seemingly with no rhyme or reason. I myself had it happen a sum total of one time in my year of playing here, without the use of my own patch, and it lasted for approximately one day. I still do not know what caused or solved the problem.

Zielarka

Post by Zielarka » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:36 pm

Hello I have a question. I have the same visual bug that is mentioned above (with spell effects staying forever) which makes it impossible to raid with that addon.

Does anyone have the older version of patch A? Maybe having an older version would remove the bug for me...

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:40 pm

********** UPDATE **********
New version of patch-A is available for download. Finally narrowed down the majority of High Elf "invisible paper doll" (dressing room and character sheet) issues, as well as a number of crashes, and added even more NO_DUPLICATES flags to sounds to cut down on earrape. There are still no artists to provide HD textures for custom skins and Warlords-deprecated mounts, so please do not ask about these unless you are willing to volunteer an artist.
********** UPDATE 2 **********
Another minor fix that addresses Azuresong Mageblade being invisible by removing a corrupted enchantment glow particle effect. With this, the only remaining issues should be missing HD textures for custom or deprecated content.

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:12 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:55 am
If current custom skins exist in retail, they would need to be extracted from CASC, downported for vanilla, and then I could attempt to add them to patch-A.
Gullhc wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:51 pm
This has been addressed a number of times, and while I am not saying that it is not happening before applying patch-A and then happening after patch-A, I can assure you that this issue is not exclusive to or caused 100% consistently to all players by applying patch-A. Staff addressed these complaints on and off long before my patch was made available, and an exact cause was never narrowed down. Some combination of graphics settings, cache clearing, and other unknown variables seem to cause this.

I have a friend who has with and without patch-A had this issue at various times over the last year, seemingly with no rhyme or reason. I myself had it happen a sum total of one time in my year of playing here, without the use of my own patch, and it lasted for approximately one day. I still do not know what caused or solved the problem.
Blizzard Added wildhammer NPC's and even some of the custom skins of now as npc and player customization, those can be added off it.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:24 am

Again, I cannot add them unless someone provides me with the downported assets. I don't have the means to do that.

Realtack

Post by Realtack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 pm

Hey there! I have a bug as a warrior. when sheathing and unsheathing my weapon it does the animation but not actually grabbing the weapons or putting them back.
Is this a common bug and how to fix?

Jackless89

Post by Jackless89 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:19 pm

Realtack wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 pm
Hey there! I have a bug as a warrior. when sheathing and unsheathing my weapon it does the animation but not actually grabbing the weapons or putting them back.
Yes i have the same glitch with my paladin. Not a huge deal though.

Realtack

Post by Realtack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:46 pm

Jackless89 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:19 pm
Realtack wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 pm
Yes i have the same glitch with my paladin. Not a huge deal though.

I hope this can be fixed, other than that the hd patch is awesome.

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:14 pm

Thank you so much! I just cant play anymore without your patch ;)

Jraie

Post by Jraie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:32 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or how exactly to report it as it really only seems like its affecting some colors, But for things like Guild tabards, they are showing up bright pink rather then their intended colors after installing both files.

That tabard is normally dark purple/gold for example.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:24 am

What is the guild? I'll see if I can reproduce it in-game with one of your members.

Realtack

Post by Realtack » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:29 am

Will sheathing and unsheathing be fixed in a future patch or is it not doable for you?
It's the only thing stopping me to use this. Which I pity so much because I love the work you put into this man!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 am

The animations can't be properly downported which is why they weren't in the original mod I inherited from the original author before making it Turtle compatible. The future sheathing and unsheathing animations are likely too complex to properly downport to the very stiff vanilla animations, or the conversion process simply did not work for whatever reason.

Regardless, nothing from Warlords+ can be ported unless someone is able to reliably navigate the CASC system and pull the necessary assets to even attempt to re-downport. For all I know, the original author manually downported everything himself rather than using an automated tool.

Realtack

Post by Realtack » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:58 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 am
The animations can't be properly downported which is why they weren't in the original mod I inherited from the original author before making it Turtle compatible. The future sheathing and unsheathing animations are likely too complex to properly downport to the very stiff vanilla animations, or the conversion process simply did not work for whatever reason.

Regardless, nothing from Warlords+ can be ported unless someone is able to reliably navigate the CASC system and pull the necessary assets to even attempt to re-downport. For all I know, the original author manually downported everything himself rather than using an automated tool.
But the animation is correct and working as intended, except that it's not grabbing the actual weapon in the hands.
Such a pity that this is hard to fix :(

Zer0cool

Post by Zer0cool » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:13 pm

The model can't be fixed since the issue appeared in the vanilla models, which means editing and downgrading the model to work from early WoD to classic “broke” some “animations”. Even if inspected in Blender, for some weird reason it wasn't working correctly. This was from an early stage and even some people from the model community couldn't find a solution.

The same model could work flawlessly in WotLK, but in vanilla it wouldn't. Balsh, who made the character models, had the exact same issue with the sheathing animation too. As it seems, @redmagejoe has done a good job “upgrading” to make it work with the newest classic version of the game. My official mod can be found https://model-changing.net/index.php?ap ... llabs&id=9, but it's only for the classic 1.12 version of the game.

Realtack

Post by Realtack » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:52 pm

Zer0cool wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:13 pm
The model can't be fixed since the issue appeared in the vanilla models, which means editing and downgrading the model to work from early WoD to classic “broke” some “animations”. Even if inspected in Blender, for some weird reason it wasn't working correctly. This was from an early stage and even some people from the model community couldn't find a solution.

The same model could work flawlessly in WotLK, but in vanilla it wouldn't. Balsh, who made the character models, had the exact same issue with the sheathing animation too. As it seems, @redmagejoe has done a good job “upgrading” to make it work with the newest classic version of the game. My official mod can be found https://model-changing.net/index.php?ap ... llabs&id=9, but it's only for the classic 1.12 version of the game.
Thanks for the explanation. That's such a pity though.
But nothing to do about it! Thank you both for the effort to publish this though.
Cheers

Jraie

Post by Jraie » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:24 am
What is the guild? I'll see if I can reproduce it in-game with one of your members.
Guild is "Greetings Enemy,"

Huma

Post by Huma » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:55 am

Hello im loving the hd pack but im having insane FPS drops in zones like teldrassil when raining specially.... weather/environment effects is causing it since if i put wather effects at 0 the fps drops stops, can you check it? theres something that screw all the performance when theres rain/fog in some areas
Last edited by Huma on Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Werefox

Post by Werefox » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:25 pm

Tried the patch, had multiple disconnects in a row. This might have been a coincidence as my network was weird that day, so - did anybody else have DC problem?

Also, severe performance drop under bad weather, just like Huma described.

Huma

Post by Huma » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:34 pm

Anyway to fix the fps drops caused by the weather? i can edit myself the mpq just tell me what files to remove

Telishuna

Post by Telishuna » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:51 pm

Casting the spell Brilliance Aura (from Mage Arcane talents) causes cubes to appear on the caster's hands. Likely a missing texture?

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:11 pm

https://model-changing.net/index.php?ap ... iew&id=368

Quite the good news nor only for TW but all other servers

Beeroism

Post by Beeroism » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:29 am

Amazing work on this mod, I had no idea something like this was even possible.

Downloaded the latest version and I'm getting crashes when selecting a Tauren in the character creation screen:Image

I searched the forums and saw a similar issue from about a year ago, but nothing recent. Please let me know if there's any other info I can give you to help troubleshoot!

Edit: I can't seem to reproduce this reliably - I just went into the character select screen again and went through various permutations of tauren horns and styles with no issues. Selected other races, no issues. Before this attempt the crash happened three times back to back.
Last edited by Beeroism on Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.