Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Klen wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:46 pm
Thank you so much for your work.

I don't know if this feedback has been brought to you already but the white ivory raptor mount has some textures issues.

https://gyazo.com/e9e3215072692c53ba295a96d07407f7
Check again after the server update and redownload, and let me know if the issue persists. I'll start making a checklist of specific items for my patch's to-do list.

Mixxl

Post by Mixxl » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:01 am

File A can't be downloaded for some reason. When the download should start, there is an error saying the page doesn't work at the moment. Maybe it's my computer's fault but just in case I wanted to let you know :)

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:06 am

I just tested, and I believe this may be an error on your end. If you can, try to download it later, or with a different browser session, and move it to your Data folder only after Turtle WoW has finished patching.

Mixxl

Post by Mixxl » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:26 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:06 am
I just tested, and I believe this may be an error on your end. If you can, try to download it later, or with a different browser session, and move it to your Data folder only after Turtle WoW has finished patching.
problem solved :)

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:52 am

patch-A has been updated with another small fix.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:43 am

Please also report here if you experience any crashes related specifically to use of the patch. In other words, please disable the patch (rename it something like !patch-A.MPQ temporarily) and see if you still crash due to something server-related before reporting it as an HD patch issue.

Klen

Post by Klen » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:15 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 pm
Klen wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:46 pm
Thank you so much for your work.

I don't know if this feedback has been brought to you already but the white ivory raptor mount has some textures issues.

https://gyazo.com/e9e3215072692c53ba295a96d07407f7
Check again after the server update and redownload, and let me know if the issue persists. I'll start making a checklist of specific items for my patch's to-do list.
I confirm you that there's still a texture issue with the White Ivory War Raptor after the last update ;)

Ch0rre

Post by Ch0rre » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Hi, thx for your work!

A question I haven't seen answered (apologies if I'm mistaken):

If one only wants the environment update patch (B) - no changes to models / skins - isn't this also the safer option compability wise?

Maesus

Post by Maesus » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Ch0rre wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:20 pm
Hi, thx for your work!

A question I haven't seen answered (apologies if I'm mistaken):

If one only wants the environment update patch (B) - no changes to models / skins - isn't this also the safer option compability wise?
If you're asking if Patch-B will break your textures, it won't :) I'm using it and so far I haven't noticed anything out of order, and I think it matches the vanilla models absolutely perfectly.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:03 pm

Klen wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:15 am
I confirm you that there's still a texture issue with the White Ivory War Raptor after the last update ;)

Then it's likely the issue is there aren't HD textures for that particular mount, and I will need an artist to create them.

Boj

Post by Boj » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:38 am

A lot of headgear on human males have started to have the skull of the human pop out of the back, my head is showing through my wizard hat lol. Im very glad however that the patch is finally here so thanks for the hard work. Hopefully my bald head can be hidden under my hat once again.

EDIT: I was browsing the transmog section at other headgear and it looks like the placement of the item on the model is too far forward, so the head starts sticking out of the back?

Zunar

Post by Zunar » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:00 am

Thank you for the models! I have a bit of a request. Is it possible to separate the druid forms from the character models? Essentially I want to use just the druid forms without the new character races.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:25 am

It is possible, yes. You would simply need to generate an MPQ that contains only the Druid form models and textures.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:48 am

some glitches i found so far:

forest trolls (male and female) have messy textures
dwarves with tatoos (male and female) have messy textures
Male night elves have messy textures, probably from the custom hairstyles and hair colors

Some mount textures not loading so they stay as blank pieces

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:43 pm

As said many a time, Turtle custom skins have no HD counterpart until I get an artist to make them for me, and so these old textures will continue trying to stretch over new models. The black Night Elf hair issue is known and there is a solution known but I'm missing the assets needed to fix this display issue at the moment. There is nothing I can do about certain graphical bugs until someone volunteers to make new assets for the patch.

Manateufel

Post by Manateufel » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:54 pm

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:27 pm

Manateufel wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:54 pm

This issue is unrelated the HD patch and has happened to multiple people, myself included, while not using the HD patch. Please report this in the appropriate section for assistance on how to resolve it.

Manateufel

Post by Manateufel » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:33 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:27 pm
Manateufel wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:54 pm

This issue is unrelated the HD patch and has happened to multiple people, myself included, while not using the HD patch. Please report this in the appropriate section for assistance on how to resolve it.
thanks for the answer! love this mod turtle_in_love_head

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:09 pm

i might be going insane but could u please check if there are some troll male grunts in the druid bear form combat grunts because i cant help but hear something that reminds me of trolls...
it happens when i use demoralizing shout and maul

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Definitely crazy. I just tested it and no errant sounds on Druid Bear.

Winthrop

Post by Winthrop » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:09 pm

Could you change the Pants and Gloves of Deputy Wilem (Human Starting Zone).

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:14 pm

Could you please take a picture of the NPC in question with and without the HD patch? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'd like to see if it's as egregious as I think it is.

Winthrop

Post by Winthrop » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:44 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:14 pm
Could you please take a picture of the NPC in question with and without the HD patch? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'd like to see if it's as egregious as I think it is.
Just turned off the PC so sadly I cant.
BUT! This NPC got promoted in later Expansions.
Befor he was wearing the typical Silver/Steel colored Sturmwind gear. Due to his Promotion, in later Expansions, he got the Gold colored PvP gear.

Im pretty sure you took care of the most obvious Gear. So now he is wearing a Silver Helm and Shoulder Pads and golden Gloves and Pants with a white Tabard.

Reminds me of some Bad Taste Parties :-)

Never the less - really awesome Job Mate. Cant Imagine how much Time and Love you spend / spent for this project. It makes the game way more enjoyable for alot of us! Please know, that we appreciate your work ♡

Winthrop

Post by Winthrop » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:49 pm

Another thing I have noticed after adding and Removing the patches.
I cannot "pull out" my weapons.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:13 pm

This was an issue with the base patch that the original author never addressed, and I have no idea how to address it. I believe it has to do with the differences in animations used for wielding weapons in Warlords compared ti Vanilla. Downporting models includes packing new skins and animations into an old vanilla compatible model, and there is always a loss of data. Sadly, the weapon sheathing animation may be one of those lost bits. I've noticed the weapon is wielding properly when going into combat stance, at least.

Freddofooz

Post by Freddofooz » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:26 am

Hi, i see you mentioned that this turns high elf eyes green, is this still the case?

EDIT: For people wondering, i tried it last night and yes sadly it still does so gonna hold off on the mod for now until its fixed, otherwise majority of it works well, saw some weird looking dwarfs tho.

Mazzr

Post by Mazzr » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:15 pm

Thanks for this Mod, awesome work!

I got a question regarding character models:

For some races i prefer the old ones, for others the new ones. By deleting the files under "character" in the mod mpq, i managed to keep my preferred classic models. My problem is: on the classic models the faces look weird (maybe because they use the new textures?). This problem only occures on NPCs, my Player characters are fine.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? I would appreciate it!

https://ibb.co/8g5x8Tb

NPC left, PC right

Mazzr

Post by Mazzr » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:36 pm

Freddofooz wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:26 am
Hi, i see you mentioned that this turns high elf eyes green, is this still the case?

EDIT: For people wondering, i tried it last night and yes sadly it still does so gonna hold off on the mod for now until its fixed, otherwise majority of it works well, saw some weird looking dwarfs tho.
You can delete the "Bloodelf" folder under characters in the patch-A.mpq. If you are fine with having everything in HD except high elves.

Freddofooz

Post by Freddofooz » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:25 am

Mazzr wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:36 pm
Freddofooz wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:26 am

You can delete the "Bloodelf" folder under characters in the patch-A.mpq. If you are fine with having everything in HD except high elves.
Well that worked, will hopefully have HD high elves one day, but i can live without it, cheers!

Vahlok

Post by Vahlok » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:37 am

Can there please be a fix for the weapon sheathing bug, it'd mean so much and improve upon this pack so so so much :<

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:45 pm

Vahlok wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:37 am
Can there please be a fix for the weapon sheathing bug, it'd mean so much and improve upon this pack so so so much :<
That is beyond the means of myself and probably the original author. It's an issue of animations being lost when downporting from Warlords of Draenor to Vanilla model assets.

Don't forget to reapply this patch after the latest client update.

Diobaubau

Post by Diobaubau » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:23 am

A question
Last edited by Diobaubau on Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Diobaubau

Post by Diobaubau » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:28 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:45 pm
Vahlok wrote:
That is beyond the means of myself and probably the original author. It's an issue of animations being lost when downporting from Warlords of Draenor to Vanilla model assets.

I would like to know what you need to be able to implement cataclysm goblins in turtle wow.

Diobaubau

Post by Diobaubau » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:44 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:45 pm
Vahlok wrote:

I wanted to ask something else, I don't know if you'll have time or much less if you took my comment into account, but you could make an MPQ so that you only have HD textures of the creatures and mounts. (NOT HD CHARACTERS, NOT HD NPCs)

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:53 am

I am not making alternate patches, sorry.