Сharacter death due to server crash

Samsara

Re: Сharacter death due to server crash

Post by Samsara » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:56 pm

Here's another idea: Hardcore players can donate a monthly sub to Turtle in order to gain a life insurance contract that if things go wrong because of server side issues, they will have one resurrect per month IF it is established that they died because of server issue in the logs. Crying for free is easy. Resurrecting players is time consuming. Donating will create more stable servers.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:04 pm

Samsara wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:56 pm
Here's another idea: Hardcore players can donate a monthly sub to Turtle in order to gain a life insurance contract that if things go wrong because of server side issues, they will have one resurrect per month IF it is established that they died because of server issue in the logs. Crying for free is easy. Resurrecting players is time consuming. Donating will create more stable servers.
A paid resurrection you might not even get to use? I can't wait to see the back and forth following this idea...
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:06 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:04 pm
Samsara wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:56 pm
A paid resurrection you might not even get to use? I can't wait to see the back and forth following this idea...
That's the concept of health insurance. And it supports the servers and admins. You want privilege? You pay for it. There could be some Turtle points along with the monthly sub though.

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:07 pm

I never understood why people want to play a game where you can suddenly lose hundreds of hours of progress to a random lag spike or server crash or even just a string of bad RNG.

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:20 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:09 pm
What level was your character?
24 lvl.
It's not about level, it's about principle.
It may be sooner or later. I don’t see any more sense in this challenge, skills and knowledge solve absolutely nothing, just a game of luck.

Naajh
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Naajh » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:42 pm

This post is read in the forums every week XD

I lost my rogue 35 due to a server crash. But I read the rules and I understand the consequences for playing hardcore. Just make me another new rogue.

I think it's time to close this forum. The server's decision is made, no hc characters will be revived under any circumstances.

However, it's good to leave ideas to fix hc mass deaths after a server crash for the future. At least I think it should be a point for Turtle developers to consider.

Have a good week everyone!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:45 pm

Naajh wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:42 pm

I lost my rogue 35 due to a server crash. But I read the rules and I understand the consequences for playing hardcore. Just make me another new rogue.

I think it's time to close this forum. The server's decision is made, no hc characters will be revived under any circumstances.

However, it's good to leave ideas to fix hc mass deaths after a server crash for the future. At least I think it should be a point for Turtle developers to consider.

Based

Red pilled, even... Anywhosie, in all seriousness, I'm happy you can take deaths as well as you could.

Have a good week my dude.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:41 pm

Naajh wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:42 pm

I have already deleted the character, I understand that it can no longer be returned.
I just want to see some solution to this problem in the future because it's not normal.

Icewind

Post by Icewind » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:39 am

Still i can not accept my HC warrior fallen. It just like you are in the basketball classification match,the Organizer directly announce that due to the power failure,your team end here. You have no rematch opportunity , Its unacceptable. I can accept my own resaon, for example:i was broked my leg, or my teammate got illed. But not these.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:06 am

Icewind wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:39 am
Still i can not accept my HC warrior fallen. It just like you are in the basketball classification match,the Organizer directly announce that due to the power failure,your team end here. You have no rematch opportunity , Its unacceptable. I can accept my own resaon, for example:i was broked my leg, or my teammate got illed. But not these.
Not a good analogy, as if those terms were laid out clearly in your contracts, you'd probably scoff and refuse to participate, and you and I both know that is not in the terms anyway. You really need to quit grasping at straws and realize that when you sign a contract, those terms are set in stone.

Yes, you did sign a contract when you downloaded the game, made an account, logged onto the server, and then made a hardcore character. Just because you didn't get a fancy pen and sign a big sheet doesn't mean you didn't sign a contract. Every time you download a piece of software and use it, that act is signing a contract. If you don't like it, terminate the contract by refusing to play HC. Want to play HC? You have to accept the terms of the contract.

There is no third option. Now are you going to be an adult and choose one of these options? Or are you going to act like a child and continue to stamp your feet and say "I don't accept this" until the mods lock this thread?

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:15 am

Broccoli wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:44 pm
Kiersteadmo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm
Our hosting provider is experiencing connection outages. If you are playing in Hardcore mode, please log out in a safe spot and refrain from logging back in until further notice. The expected downtime or time-frame of instability is until 13/07 01:00 UTC!

From Torta on the forums.... Did they get that message in game?
No
It was posted to both Discord and the Forums.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:17 am

I will be locking this thread to prevent flame.

We will not be reviving hardcore characters, that is the final decision on this matter.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!