Re: New policies regarding inactive character names

Post by Gladeshadow » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:45 pm

Boras wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:28 pm
Nudibranch wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:29 pm
Fin wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:54 am
The log in checks are per account not per character.

If you have not logged on x account for y amount of time you are eligible for the name wipe.

There won't be any warning to alert you.
Kairion wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:19 am
One of my lvl 7 characters got flagged for renaming despite logging into my account almost daily. The prompt says it is forced to rename due to inapropreate name. But i haven't logged in on the character since the renaming policy has taken effect. I think it may have been implemented on characterlevel instead of accountlevel. can you confirm? (Old name of the Character was "Protlock")
The statement about it being account-based, and not character-based is wrong. I also got a character renamed even though I log in regularly to other characters on the account, which is not what I would've done had I not read the official statement quoted above.
This should've never have been implemented. Names should've never been released. You should be forced to pick a new name if it's already taken, not wait and steal a name from someone. They need to reverse this asap.
People were just sitting on names they never used. Now people at least have to log in (and only once every 6 months) to maintain possession of a name. Or get that character to a high enough level where the name is locked in. It’s a great change. It’s fair - if getting to level 40 for permanence, much less level 20 to need to log in once per year, is too much, then a person really isn’t active on the server. People generally like the change. It could’ve just been clearer about the per character rather than per account login requirement.

Boras

Post by Boras » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Gladeshadow wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:45 pm
Boras wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:28 pm
Nudibranch wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:29 pm

The statement about it being account-based, and not character-based is wrong. I also got a character renamed even though I log in regularly to other characters on the account, which is not what I would've done had I not read the official statement quoted above.
This should've never have been implemented. Names should've never been released. You should be forced to pick a new name if it's already taken, not wait and steal a name from someone. They need to reverse this asap.
People were just sitting on names they never used. Now people at least have to log in (and only once every 6 months) to maintain possession of a name. Or get that character to a high enough level where the name is locked in. It’s a great change. It’s fair - if getting to level 40 for permanence, much less level 20 to need to log in once per year, is too much, then a person really isn’t active on the server. People generally like the change. It could’ve just been clearer about the per character rather than per account login requirement.
Only people who like this are the leeches who couldn't be bothered to pick a different name

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:02 pm

A person sitting on names they never use is far more parasitic than players who actually use those names.

You’re confirming the devs made the right decision,

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:05 am

"Below level 10 and haven't logged in for 6 months."

I've been doing an extensive research and can say that a lot - really... A LOT of good names, according to Turtle Armory, are "locked" behind LEVEL 1 toons.

PLEASE, 6 months for a level 1 isn't fair. There should be an specific rule for level 1 toons... like 3 months maximum.

Itripper1

Post by Itripper1 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 am

DAMNNN! That explains why I lost some of my really cool character names. It is definitely not account wide, some characters lost their names some didn't. I had previously thought it was lvl 5 and below. I had a lot of lvl 1s for various banks and future play ability as I like the slow turtle leveling vs raiding nowadays. I do find it very annoying that I lost some choice names. Now I am going to have to go thru many of my characters and get them past level 10. I spend 6-8 months a year traveling so I do not play and when I am back at home base I play.
Anyways I know the majority dont give a f*ck about me losing my choice names, but I kinda thought that was a perk of supporting the server when it was smaller.

I believe you have done this before and I thought 5 was the previous bar. It sucks coming back from 6 months away and having your names taken away.

I think people like me who have substantially donated to the server should be exempt from the login requirements.

Xerilin
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Xerilin » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 pm

Itripper1 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 am
DAMNNN! That explains why I lost some of my really cool character names. It is definitely not account wide, some characters lost their names some didn't. I had previously thought it was lvl 5 and below. I had a lot of lvl 1s for various banks and future play ability as I like the slow turtle leveling vs raiding nowadays. I do find it very annoying that I lost some choice names. Now I am going to have to go thru many of my characters and get them past level 10. I spend 6-8 months a year traveling so I do not play and when I am back at home base I play.
Anyways I know the majority dont give a f*ck about me losing my choice names, but I kinda thought that was a perk of supporting the server when it was smaller.

I believe you have done this before and I thought 5 was the previous bar. It sucks coming back from 6 months away and having your names taken away.

I think people like me who have substantially donated to the server should be exempt from the login requirements.
Try using your old names again. Maybe nobody snatched them. Good luck!

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:35 pm

6 months for sub 10 characters is way too long IMO.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:10 am

Borefficz wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:35 pm
6 months for sub 10 characters is way too long IMO.
agreed. cut it half.
3 months should be more than enough for characters below level 10.
If they haven't logged on to their char lvl 1-10 for 3 months, they're either not interested in this char, or they've left the server.