Forsaken Paladin when?

Mativh

Re: Forsaken Paladin when?

Post by Mativh » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:10 pm

I hope there will be.
There is no valid argument against the Forsaken being Undeads wielding the Holy Light in the Priest+Warrior format (Paladin), as the Forsaken can be Holy/Discipline Priests.
Some Forsaken were Priests and Paladins in life, they can be as well in undeath, there are Priest and Paladin Forsaken NPCs.
Only reason the Forsaken were given in vanilla the Priest class, but not the Paladin class, was to adhere to the idea of exclusivity of Alliance-Paladins/Horde-Shamans.
If one would argue that the Forsaken are Undead and so they shouldn't be Paladins, then it should also be applied on Holy/Discipline Priests.
In my opinion, there should be a slight debuff when the Forsaken use Holy powers (as it causes them anguish and pain), to stay true to the lore and roleplaying (nothing too significant to not alter class balance).
And the Forsaken should definitely have Paladins, with class racials relevant to their lore, like the Blood Elves had in TBC.
Last edited by Mativh on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Allwynd01
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:13 am

Mativh wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:10 pm
I hope there will be. There is no valid argument against the Forsaken being Undeads wielding the Holy Light in the Priest+Warrior format (Paladin), as the Forsaken can be Holy/Discipline Priests. Some Forsaken were Priests and Paladins in life, they can be as well in undeath, there are Priest and Paladin Forsaken NPCs. Only reason the Forsaken were given in vanilla the Priest class, but not the Paladin class, was to adhere to the idea of exclusivity of Alliance-Paladins/Horde-Shamans. If one would argue that the Forsaken are Undead and so they shouldn't be Paladins, then it should also be applied on Holy/Discipline Priests. In my opinion there should be a slight debuff when the Forsaken use Holy powers, as it causes them anguish and pain, nothing too significant to not alter class balance, to stay true to the lore and roleplaying, and the Forsaken should definitely have Paladins, with class racials relevant to their lore, like the Blood Elves had in TBC.
But there is a valid argument. Forsaken are undead who only retained their free will. Holy light damages all things undead. Even Forsaken Priests don't make sense, Blizzard only added them, because the Forsaken would not have enough classes.

Technically when a Forsaken channels Holy powers, they are destroying their own body and causing themselves a lot of pain and agony. In Azeroth Forsaken Priests would not be a thing, because they would all destroy themselves by practicing their craft. And those who were Priests or Paladins when they were alive, will probably quit if they want to continue existing and serving Sylvanas, so they would take up another discipline. Paladins would become Warriors and Priests would become Mages or Warlocks.

So Forsaken Paladins is ridiculous and Forsaken Priests are also a stupid concept.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:28 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:13 am
Mativh wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:10 pm
I hope there will be. There is no valid argument against the Forsaken being Undeads wielding the Holy Light in the Priest+Warrior format (Paladin), as the Forsaken can be Holy/Discipline Priests. Some Forsaken were Priests and Paladins in life, they can be as well in undeath, there are Priest and Paladin Forsaken NPCs. Only reason the Forsaken were given in vanilla the Priest class, but not the Paladin class, was to adhere to the idea of exclusivity of Alliance-Paladins/Horde-Shamans. If one would argue that the Forsaken are Undead and so they shouldn't be Paladins, then it should also be applied on Holy/Discipline Priests. In my opinion there should be a slight debuff when the Forsaken use Holy powers, as it causes them anguish and pain, nothing too significant to not alter class balance, to stay true to the lore and roleplaying, and the Forsaken should definitely have Paladins, with class racials relevant to their lore, like the Blood Elves had in TBC.
But there is a valid argument. Forsaken are undead who only retained their free will. Holy light damages all things undead. Even Forsaken Priests don't make sense, Blizzard only added them, because the Forsaken would not have enough classes.

Technically when a Forsaken channels Holy powers, they are destroying their own body and causing themselves a lot of pain and agony. In Azeroth Forsaken Priests would not be a thing, because they would all destroy themselves by practicing their craft. And those who were Priests or Paladins when they were alive, will probably quit if they want to continue existing and serving Sylvanas, so they would take up another discipline. Paladins would become Warriors and Priests would become Mages or Warlocks.

So Forsaken Paladins is ridiculous and Forsaken Priests are also a stupid concept.
Forsaken Priests are the result of Cult of Forgotten Shadows which allows one who in life used the teachings of the Light to further grow in those of the Shadows, if by any means Forsaken Paladins should become a thing they should be Shadow Paladins, or rather Balance Paladins, those who dwell both into the Light and Shadow aspect of the Priest class.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Marty1980

Post by Marty1980 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:03 pm

I dont know how much skill the developper have, but i kinda agree about new class/faction specific.

And it dont even need to go totally crazy about it, its could just be a mix of class, like a melee hunter. Make a class with Arm/Beast master/Fury

And for necromancer as an example, lock priest, Demo/Shadow/Affliction.

Again, that would be the easier route to create new class , not from scratch

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:43 pm

Gheor wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:28 pm

Forsaken Priests are the result of Cult of Forgotten Shadows which allows one who in life used the teachings of the Light to further grow in those of the Shadows, if by any means Forsaken Paladins should become a thing they should be Shadow Paladins, or rather Balance Paladins, those who dwell both into the Light and Shadow aspect of the Priest class.
I agree, but as I said this should make Forsaken Priests lose their Holy talent tree and all their Holy abilities be replaced with something else. Since that's a big endeavor and would probably break the class, since it has to be developed as a standalone class from regular Priest, it's not worth the effort. Because to have a Forsaken-specific versions of Paladin and Priest means creating two entirely new classes and people will be unhappy.

I think for Forsaken things should remain as they are - let them have regular Priest, but adding Paladin would be a huge f-cking insult.

Might as well next add Forsaken Druids and Shamans just FFS.

There has to be some limitations on classes and Forsaken are a very specific race.

If creating entirely new classes is even possible or feasible, best think about Minstrel/Bard and Necromancer or Barbarian instead. Something that more races can benefit from and will really expand the game in interesting and fun ways rather than catering to some crazy fantasy of Forsaken Paladins. It's just ridiculous. When are we to expect Tauren Rogues? Or Gnome Druids? Or Human Shamans?

Marty1980

Post by Marty1980 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:18 pm

"If creating entirely new classes is even possible or feasible, best think about Minstrel/Bard and Necromancer or Barbarian instead. Something that more races can benefit from and will really expand the game in interesting and fun ways rather than catering to some crazy fantasy of Forsaken Paladins. It's just ridiculous. When are we to expect Tauren Rogues? Or Gnome Druids? Or Human Shamans?"

Gnome druid would be cute

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:26 am

I'm just looking at it from a roleplaying perspective.

And you have no idea how huge of a demand Tauren Rogues are.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:29 pm

Gheor wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:26 am
I'm just looking at it from a roleplaying perspective.

And you have no idea how huge of a demand Tauren Rogues are.
Maybe for April 1st 2023 an expansion called "Fever Dreams".