The Next Chapter for Turtle WoW's Classic+

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Re: The Next Chapter for Turtle WoW's Classic+

Post by Ibux » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:05 pm

this looks really great. and we can try this version on the seventh of next month? it will be fun. must almost invest in new graphics on my PC, I reckon.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:41 pm

Ibux wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:05 pm
this looks really great. and we can try this version on the seventh of next month? it will be fun. must almost invest in new graphics on my PC, I reckon.
no - we just will get further information on what this all means on 07.07.

0ri

Post by 0ri » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:08 am

Sylveria wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:41 pm
In true World of Warcraft fashion, they made an announcement for an announcement!

And like the WoW Fans of old, we are hyped!

Zulnam
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Zulnam » Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:29 am

Casavir wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:17 pm
RTX Remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFmq59R4sg

Twow team sponsored by mr. Huang. Prepare to buy RTX 5090.
I wish i never saw this. Cause now I want it.

Looking forward to the announcement reveal next month.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:05 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:29 am
I wish i never saw this. Cause now I want it.
Except the 100% transparent water, which I personally find less 'readable' and appealing. It looks like there's no water, and at first, I thought it was a texture bug.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:23 pm

0ri wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:08 am
Sylveria wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:41 pm
In true World of Warcraft fashion, they made an announcement for an announcement!

And like the WoW Fans of old, we are hyped!
Why change a working system? :p

Daedalus007
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Daedalus007 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:37 pm

Is it just me or does the 'Ray Traced' version look WORSE than the original graphics with HD patches applied? I don't want to go through completely-shadowed areas for no good reason. 2004 graphics don't work well with ray traced shadows. Deus Ex (from 2000) has the same issues if you try to use the 'updated' lighting instead of the developer-done built-in light maps and shadow maps.

Back in the day, area and level designers had to 'bake in' light and shadow maps in a certain way, primarily for aesthetic and artistic purposes. You'd have Unreal Tournament from 1999 that used very specific colors (bright purple, green, etc) to highlight pickups and traversal areas.

The video looks so gross. I'm not a fan of the twow trailer showcasing the lighting/shadow stuff like it is some huge upgrade; the HD patches already do as good or even better than that trailer. Balance is key to maintaining a classic timeless aesthetic compared to ultra-realistic everything.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:33 pm

Daedalus007 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:37 pm
Is it just me or does the 'Ray Traced' version look WORSE than the original graphics with HD patches applied? I don't want to go through completely-shadowed areas for no good reason. 2004 graphics don't work well with ray traced shadows. Deus Ex (from 2000) has the same issues if you try to use the 'updated' lighting instead of the developer-done built-in light maps and shadow maps.

Back in the day, area and level designers had to 'bake in' light and shadow maps in a certain way, primarily for aesthetic and artistic purposes. You'd have Unreal Tournament from 1999 that used very specific colors (bright purple, green, etc) to highlight pickups and traversal areas.

The video looks so gross. I'm not a fan of the twow trailer showcasing the lighting/shadow stuff like it is some huge upgrade; the HD patches already do as good or even better than that trailer. Balance is key to maintaining a classic timeless aesthetic compared to ultra-realistic everything.
You've stated your own opinion, some people like it, some don't. Aslong as turtle wow Devs let us choose original or new graphics I don't see an issue.

Daedalus007
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Daedalus007 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:39 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:33 pm
*snip*
This ENTIRE forum is people stating their opinions. I don't get the point of you even posting that.
Nowhere in my entire post did I claim to be speaking for anyone OTHER than myself.

I feel that the overhauled graphics may not be in line with what people are seeking from the Classic+ WoW experience. If there was such a high demand for it than Blizzard themselves would've done it ages ago.

Even in later expansions they kept things to a certain aesthetic and avoided overindulging in superfluous overwork on shadows and lighting and RTX this and so on. None of that is necessary.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:14 pm

Daedalus007 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:39 pm
Grizb37 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:33 pm
*snip*
This ENTIRE forum is people stating their opinions. I don't get the point of you even posting that.
Nowhere in my entire post did I claim to be speaking for anyone OTHER than myself.

I feel that the overhauled graphics may not be in line with what people are seeking from the Classic+ WoW experience. If there was such a high demand for it than Blizzard themselves would've done it ages ago.

Even in later expansions they kept things to a certain aesthetic and avoided overindulging in superfluous overwork on shadows and lighting and RTX this and so on. None of that is necessary.
But why do you care if you can just play the way you want? I doubt the Devs will force this on anyway. So your post was irrelevant as you can just stick with the old graphics.

Setris

Post by Setris » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:18 pm

Okay in my country is already 8th of June where is the announcement ???

P.S: I just saw it is 07.07 damn
Last edited by Setris on Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geojak
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:22 pm

Setris wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:18 pm
Okay in my country is already 8th of June where is the announcement ???
7.7 not 7.6,its still a month

Pediocore

Post by Pediocore » Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:35 pm

My Iris XE gonna explode.

Gex

Post by Gex » Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:49 pm

I want this more than Half Life 3 tbf.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Please make a full version of the music used in the video announcement!!! crying_turtle crying_turtle crying_turtle
Torta wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:58 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdcTzQ8UHCo

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:41 am

The graphics do need an uplift, badly. I hope that the world itself is enlarged, if that isnt too much to ask.

Clintonm

Post by Clintonm » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:57 pm

I'll be super excited if this is a non-Blizzard client!

Kseron345

Post by Kseron345 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:36 pm

This is very cool and very beautiful. Something in which you will be many times superior to Blizzard, but... will the classic client handle this?

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:14 pm

Ok guys, this is the last week of june...
Be prepared for the most important news of Turtle WoW...or for the most dissapointing hype created by them.
I personally hope they decided to move all to a most recent client, maybe TBC or WotLK.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:13 am

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:14 pm
Ok guys, this is the last week of june...
Be prepared for the most important news of Turtle WoW...or for the most dissapointing hype created by them.
I personally hope they decided to move all to a most recent client, maybe TBC or WotLK.
Hah, don’t get your hopes up. I think it’s an aesthetic option (toggle). They said that this side project team (not the main devs) have been at it for about a year.

For them to change the client to a more modern version (e.g the wotlk one) it would require a hell of a lot more work and you’d probably see no actual content updates during this time because it would be ‘all hands on deck’.

Specialghost

Post by Specialghost » Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:16 am

As long as any revamped graphics remains optional, I'm good.

Kseron345

Post by Kseron345 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:59 am

Left 7 days. I'm waiting this like it's my bithday :D