ENOUGH with the afk semi bot node campers!!!!!!

Drubarrymooer

Re: ENOUGH with the afk semi bot node campers!!!!!!

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:27 am

Frantsel wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:53 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:15 pm
Frantsel wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:47 pm
You would never have this issue on a server which has pvp activated, which is actually the way the game was designed for and intended to play.

(waiting for pve andies to backlash)
There were pve and rp servers as well as pvp back in 2004 at launch.
Never stated anything else. Read again..
You said they intended the game to be pvp.... Yeah, I get it. No need to be snarky. Now, if you're done being pedantic, read what I said and take it on face value rather than a personal criticism or attack. The very fact they had pve and rp servers at launch shows your point to be wrong. Again, you can choose to get pedantic and quote an interview or podcast. However, the fact of the matter is still they had multiple types of servers at launch. Your point is that if pvp were engaged at all times, this wouldn't be an issue. You don't know that for certain. It's conjecture at best. Players can and do farm in groups some time. There's also the possibility due to travel and ease of movement around the world that one faction might benefit over another as was the case in 2004.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:02 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:27 am
Frantsel wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:53 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:15 pm

There were pve and rp servers as well as pvp back in 2004 at launch.
Never stated anything else. Read again..
You said they intended the game to be pvp.... Yeah, I get it. No need to be snarky. Now, if you're done being pedantic, read what I said and take it on face value rather than a personal criticism or attack. The very fact they had pve and rp servers at launch shows your point to be wrong. Again, you can choose to get pedantic and quote an interview or podcast. However, the fact of the matter is still they had multiple types of servers at launch. Your point is that if pvp were engaged at all times, this wouldn't be an issue. You don't know that for certain. It's conjecture at best. Players can and do farm in groups some time. There's also the possibility due to travel and ease of movement around the world that one faction might benefit over another as was the case in 2004.
Personal attack? Come on. Whats going on here? I like you dude, we are just talking okay? No offense here!
The fact that they also released pve and rp servers doesnt mean that its intended to play like this. The game is clearly designed with pvp in mind. I mean the whole story is build around this.
It feels extremely awkward and alienated to meet other players of the hostile faction on a regular pve server. Not being able to attack them, not being able to talk to them. Its very weird. But I see why the original devs made the decision to create pve servers and I think its a good idea. Not everyone wants to get a pvp experience and I'm fine with that. Let everyone play the game how they want to play. People that dont pvp are great human beings too! <3
All I wanted to point out is that this sitting on a node behavior, waiting for it to spawn probably wont happen on a pvp server. Nothing else. When I first saw 5 ppl sitting on a node on the twow pve server I was like: Jesus fucking christ..

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:02 pm
Personal attack? Come on. Whats going on here? I like you dude, we are just talking okay? No offense here!
The fact that they also released pve and rp servers doesnt mean that its intended to play like this. The game is clearly designed with pvp in mind. I mean the whole story is build around this.
It feels extremely awkward and alienated to meet other players of the hostile faction on a regular pve server. Not being able to attack them, not being able to talk to them. Its very weird. But I see why the original devs made the decision to create pve servers and I think its a good idea. Not everyone wants to get a pvp experience and I'm fine with that. Let everyone play the game how they want to play. People that dont pvp are great human beings too! <3
All I wanted to point out is that this sitting on a node behavior, waiting for it to spawn probably wont happen on a pvp server. Nothing else. When I first saw 5 ppl sitting on a node on the twow pve server I was like: Jesus fucking christ..
My apologies. Your initial response was a bit curt and sounded a bit like a literalist. I don't always deal with that the best. Could just be difference in personality or a Key and Peele moment. Again, I apologize for going off a bit.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 pm
Frantsel wrote:
My apologies. Your initial response was a bit curt and sounded a bit like a literalist. I don't always deal with that the best. Could just be difference in personality or a Key and Peele moment. Again, I apologize for going off a bit.

no worries my friend, take it easy :)

Sark21

Post by Sark21 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:50 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 am
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Frantsel wrote:

First time i've ever seen a forum discussion end civilly haha

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:16 pm

Sark21 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:50 pm
Frantsel wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 am
Drubarrymooer wrote:

First time i've ever seen a forum discussion end civilly haha
I have a pet peeve and that is people's unwillingness to even entertain the idea that they are wrong or are in error, etc. If we can't admit our flaws and work on them, what the heck is the point of humanity? Fighting, arguing, always having to be right, "right by might" etc... This is how children and animals behave. Just my own personal philosophy. <3