Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD Project

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:31 pm

Mouzai wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:00 pm
I can see you've put quite a bit of work into this, Mouzai. Would you be averse to having your patch merged into the main branch of the project? Do you have plans for further changes? Does your fork have any DBC edits that may need to be reviewed before any such merge?

Thanks in advance for your contributions. The Turtle HD Project is, and has always been, a community-driven project.

Mouzai

Post by Mouzai » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:13 pm

I will be honored if my patch is merged into the project !
To my knowledge, no DBC edits are required.

Currently I don't have any plans yet but I'm open to suggestions.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:34 am

Mouzai wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:13 pm

I will need to set aside some time to do some QA review of it, but afterwards, I will gladly add these to the main branch and push an updated patch-A.

Bigbearimpact
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Bigbearimpact » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:01 am

Love u guys! Thanks for the awesome MOD!! turtle_in_love_head turtle_in_love_head

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:55 am

Mouzai wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:13 pm

There's a lot of clean-up I've been doing, like removing .anim and .skin files (these are not used prior to Wrath, and are instead baked into the m2 files themselves during conversion), as well as leftover converter files. Removal of redundancies, like gryphon models and wolf models and textures which should already be in. Other than that, pretty much everything can be merged as-is.

There are a few decisions I've made for exclusions, such as the Druid Cat form change which removes the Night Elf specific Druid appearance. I can, however, use the assets for the lynx by making modifications to what model and texture the lynx uses in the DBC file. Also, because the packmule has been beefed up into a very NOT donkey-looking horse, I've opted to exclude that from the patch.

With these changes and some more testing, I think everything should make for a nice addition to the Turtle HD Project. If you manage to find a way to downport anything else that's currently in Turtle and still using vanilla assets, please keep me apprised and we'll see how far we can push this mod's limits.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:13 am

I have generated a playtest patch on the Test branch of Turtle HD and posted a link in this post and on the OP. This is patch-Z.MPQ and is ONLY for playtesting. I would like to ask the community to thoroughly make use of this and report any bugs.

If all comes back OK, I will merge the Test branch into the Main branch and release an update for patch-A.MPQ. At that time, please be sure to delete patch-Z or it will interfere with the proper behavior of the mod.

https://github.com/redmagejoe/TurtleHD/ ... atch-Z.MPQ

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:45 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:13 am
I have generated a playtest patch on the Test branch of Turtle HD and posted a link in this post and on the OP. This is patch-Z.MPQ and is ONLY for playtesting. I would like to ask the community to thoroughly make use of this and report any bugs.

If all comes back OK, I will merge the Test branch into the Main branch and release an update for patch-A.MPQ. At that time, please be sure to delete patch-Z or it will interfere with the proper behavior of the mod.

https://github.com/redmagejoe/TurtleHD/ ... atch-Z.MPQ
Do you have any patch notes you wanna share maybe, thanks.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:33 pm

Foobs wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:45 pm
Do you have any patch notes you wanna share maybe, thanks.
https://github.com/redmagejoe/TurtleHD/ ... .18-test.1

Click on each individual commit for more detailed breakdown of each commit. Will post a proper full changelog on any release (see: main branch) versions.

Specialghost

Post by Specialghost » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:20 pm

Would it be possible to provide seperate patches just for the spell effects and the music pack instead of having to use the whole Patch-A? I really don't like the HD models.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:57 pm

Specialghost wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:20 pm
Would it be possible to provide seperate patches just for the spell effects and the music pack instead of having to use the whole Patch-A? I really don't like the HD models.
Inevitably I'd see a message like this when I finally removed the "no, we will not maintain separate patches" message.

If you don't like everything in patch-A, you're going to have to pick it apart yourself.

Specialghost

Post by Specialghost » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:36 am

Oh I didn't mean to sound snobby. It's just that picking apart something that I haven't created myself seems overwhelming. Anyway, no sweat. I'll just skip this patch entirely then.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:25 pm

Specialghost wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:36 am
Oh I didn't mean to sound snobby. It's just that picking apart something that I haven't created myself seems overwhelming. Anyway, no sweat. I'll just skip this patch entirely then.
Just so you know - it's really easy to do yourself even if you barely know what a MPQ file is.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:32 pm

Mouzai wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:00 pm
All variations : Gnolls, Wolfs, Boars, Darkhound, Dragon Whelps, Lynxes, Striders, Human Boy, Human Girl.

Human Mount 60 % (Horses), High Elf Mount 60% & 100% (Unicorns), Paladin Mount 60%, All other Warhorses (like Scarlet Charger), Warlock Mount 60% & 100%, Dwarf Mount 60% (Ram), Mule.
Hey, that's a very good work!
One question though: do you concider updating some models that already exist in HD mod? For example, there are BfA models for 60% night elf mounts, classic-like HD crabs, vultures, turtles, etc. Maybe even foxes?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:14 pm

Current known issue with Mouzai's update: Zhevras do not have proper texture. If we cannot get striped textures, I may simply have to remove those assets to set Zhevras back to vanilla.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:06 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:14 pm
Current known issue with Mouzai's update: Zhevras do not have proper texture. If we cannot get striped textures, I may simply have to remove those assets to set Zhevras back to vanilla.
Also affect the Scarlet Charger Horse from Turtle Donation Store, sadly

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:09 am

Current todo: Keep an eye on zebra creatures and look into what assets affected Scarlet Charger; mess with model scale sizes for Spectral Tiger, though in the past I've found that I cannot modify scales clientside due to serverside scale overrides (such as with Infernals)

Mouzai

Post by Mouzai » Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:28 pm

Faustorgo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:06 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
It's intentional. Warhorses have all been replaced and this is what they look like :

Mouzai

Post by Mouzai » Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:10 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:09 am
Current todo: Keep an eye on zebra creatures and look into what assets affected Scarlet Charger; mess with model scale sizes for Spectral Tiger, though in the past I've found that I cannot modify scales clientside due to serverside scale overrides (such as with Infernals)
We have two solutions to solve the zebra problem:
1 - Delete the "unicorn" folder and leave only the "zebramount" folder
Consequences: the "zebra" mob will keep its vanilla model and any enventual "unicorn" mobs will be in their vanilla model but the unicorn mounts will always be HD

2 - Disassociate the zebra and the unicorn model in the server.
Consequences : Zebra keep its vanilla model, all Unicorns have an HD model

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:00 pm

Mouzai wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:28 pm
Faustorgo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:06 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
It's intentional. Warhorses have all been replaced and this is what they look like :
I see, look less cute, but i understnd the upgrade :D