Druids in pvp are broken

Bawanaruto
Has liked: 1 time

Druids in pvp are broken

Post by Bawanaruto » Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:16 am

Thanks Turtle Wow. just had a Moonkin go 45-0 in an arathi basin BG. 45 killing blows and zero deaths. was just nuking everyone to pieces in a matter of seconds. No one stood a chance, nor could they catch him. stuns you for 3-4 seconds in instant bear charge with no global cooldown, then aoe stun from tauren racial, plus roots. nothing anyone can do.. kinda hilarious to watch in disbelief. Never seen anything like it. I was thinking to myself "he must be hacking". but nope this is normal in Twow. :(

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Druids in pvp are broken

Post by Geojak » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:09 am

Any elemtal shamans should be able to take care of him. Earthshock everytime he tries to cast. Oh wait..

Akos1896
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Akos1896 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:24 am

Balancing druid for PVP is really hard because you basically have to balance 4 builds which are used at the same time.
My best idea is making shapeshift a 1 sec cast but unsure if it breaks anything.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:09 am

Lemme guess you're a paladin. They're the ones that always moan while playing the most busted class in PvP.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:23 am

If your entire battlegournd group got dominated by a moonkin i think the moonkins teamates did a good job protectim him.

Boomkin is definitely one of the more rigid & weak pvp specs for his massive reliance on hardcasting. Of all the problematic specs in pvp, i find it very hard to believe that laserchicken is the most scary thing there is

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:31 pm

moonkin is 1 of the better pvp specs, and no they do not hardcast. moonfire is an insta cast 36yd 600-700 dmg insta no traveltime spell with no cooldown(imagine if hunter arcane shot had no cd and did 600-700 dmg)

people are sleeping on moonkins imo im glad they are finally catching on to it. You cant even use a reflector unlike other casters too
Their only weakness is if they run out of mana they cannot lt themselves like a warlock can so they need to get out of combat and regen or use a manapot , rune or something

Shockoladetwo

Post by Shockoladetwo » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:03 pm

600-700 dmg insta shot? that is only if it crits. Not white cast hits

A 4 second stun bash with a 1min cooldown you cry about while there is rogues with much longer stuns or paladins that can stun longer with shorter cd? The druid has at least to swap into that form to do it while all other classes mentioned not need to change their "stance" for it.

If you let a class free cast (no matter which class) then they kill people of course...

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Geojak wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:09 am
Any elemtal shamans should be able to take care of him. Earthshock everytime he tries to cast. Oh wait..
wow 20 yards shocks so dangerous for 31 caster
much counter

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Ataika wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:38 pm
Geojak wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:09 am
wow 20 yards shocks so dangerous for 31 caster
much counter
This gotta be trolling

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:54 pm

The issue is buffed frenzied regen and baseline feral faerie fire. Owlkin frenzy can also be pretty cheesy.

Templar85
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Templar85 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:05 pm

I see there is a skill issue here
45 killing blows and zero deaths
So the team did most of the damage leaving the opponents at around 20% hp left and druid spells finished them off?
nuking everyone to pieces in a matter of seconds
Like any dps caster can do in a T3 gear against blue geared players?
then aoe stun from tauren racial
Horde have more useful pvp skills than alliance.
plus roots. nothing anyone can do
In roots casters still can cast and hunters can shoot, paladin can heal. Only warrior and rogue have harder time in roots but they also can throw a grenade at the druid to interrupt/ stop him casting dps spell on you. You mean the blue green/geared noobs did nothing against him?
Never seen anything like it. I was thinking to myself "he must be hacking". but nope this is normal in Twow. :(
Now you are sus about legitim or it was just troll posting?

In scale from 1 to 5. Moonkin is 3 in bg and 2 in arena. Moonkin doesn't have spell interrupt. Starfire too long to cast. Insect swarm so low damage often doesn't even worth a global to use it. Moonfire damage is half instant, half as a dot. Spamming it is very mana inefficient.

New resilience rework will adjust about burst damage output. We will see will enough or need more adjustments.

I don't want to derail the topic about pvp but Moonkins in Naxx in bis gear doing just little higher than tank level dps. They actually need some pvp buff/rework and significant late game pve dps increase in a form that not causing much pvp imbalance.

Manletow
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Manletow » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Balance Druid is actually the second 'worst' Class/Spec in PVP.
Warrior being the worst.

Altho its rather weak its also fair and balanced and needs no changes as the Druid class is designed to be mediocre.
This is intentional and is good game design.
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Bawanaruto

Post by Bawanaruto » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:37 am

Manletow wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:59 pm
Balance Druid is actually the second 'worst' Class/Spec in PVP.
Warrior being the worst.
a semi-balance druid just won the dueling tournament for the PvP server (Tel'abim). No one is saying they have to choose the worst talents. I don't think you know all the busted combos/gear/skills Turtle wow druids can achieve. please tell me how many kills you have ranked in before spewing nonsense, this isn't classic retail buddy. i have almost 20,000 kills since class changes. a good/geared druid can kill anyone 1vs1 on Twow. there is no debate.